PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Changes

TheDearLeader
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
For those who are curious, here are some things that I've noticed:

Crafting

Cannith Crafting recipes now have higher-level versions with less restrictive equipment slot restrictions. These new recipes are available at levels 101-150 for Bound shards, and from level 151 to 194 for Unbound shards. Cannith crafters can now level up to 200.
Players can now craft Righteous, Armor Bonus +6, and Armor Bonus +7 Shards.

First, the release notes. Cannith Crafting recipes now have higher-level versions with less restrictive equipment slot restrictions. What this basically seems to mean is that Non-weapon, Non-skill properties get a Higher-level version, and that for many Augmentations, they can go *anywhere*. For example, you can Slot GFL... anywhere but a bow, I think.

Bound Crafting, 100~150:

Stat Bonuses, GFL, Feather Falling, True Seeing, Secret Door Detection, Resistance, Luck, Protection, Fortification, etc. etc. etc. have a "craft me anywhere!" formula.
Armor Bonus +3~6 - one allows Bracers only, one allows Bracers +Ring.
Armor Bonus +1,2,7 - Bracers only.
Natural Armor Bonus, however, has a +3 version that can go almost anywhere.
Persuasion is missing a higher level "craft me anywhere!" formula.
Weapon augments, such as Frost, Seeker, Vetigo, Etc. are still weapon-only.
Caster Augments, such as Devotion, have a higher level "craft me *almost anywhere!" formula, but clickies such as Ardor do not.
Greater Spell focuses have a higher level "craft me anywhere!" formula. Same for Spell Pen.
There are still no Skill +15 formulas. There are no "craft me anywhere" formulas for skills, but they could pretty much already be crafted in most locations.
There are no Paralyzing/Banishing/Vorpal/Smiting shards.
Righteousness is Level 26 Bound, 52 Unbound.

Unbound Crafting, 150~194:

Pretty much the same as above. Crafting in a large variety of slots. But, some things didn't make the "cut": Stat +6 Shards, Heavy Fort, Persuasion (again), Armor Bonus +7, Major ~~ Lores.

UPDATE : Crafting Level 200 is 147,330 XP per school. Ouch.

UPDATE 2 : Screenshots.

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00072.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00072b.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00073.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00073b.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00074.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00074b.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00075.jpg
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/Crafting/ScreenShot00075b.jpg

Dragavon
01-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for that info :)

Galeria
01-26-2012, 11:32 PM
So, no new tiers except for armor bonus? No Superior Potency above 4, no striding 25%, none of the missing weapon qualities...

Should we assume (since 200 levels is pretty massive) that there are no plans to put these effects into crafting at all?

Devilteck
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
And still no UI change to trade a whole stack of greaters for lessers..Hint Hint Devs i'm getting carple tunnel here:(

GimpyPaw
01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
And still no UI change to trade a whole stack of greaters for lessers..Hint Hint Devs i'm getting carple tunnel here:(

^^^
This. Seriously, 1 greater at a time? I can buy potions, scrolls, and spell mats in stacks of 100, is it that hard to put into the crafting exchange?

Carpone
01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
There are still no Skill +15 formulas. There are no "craft me anywhere" formulas for skills, but they could pretty much already be crafted in most locations.
There are no Paralyzing/Banishing/Vorpal/Smiting shards.

This is lame. C'mon Turbine, crafters have repeatedly asked for these missing shard recipes. Why aren't recipes for them in the game yet?

Perceval
01-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I just went in and looked at the list of new recipies, and it looks like there are no new recipes. They have just upped the level on some recipes. For Exmaple Heavy Fort bound was level 100, now it is 150.

Did not see any new recipes at all

TheDearLeader
01-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I just went in and looked at the list of new recipies, and it looks like there are no new recipes. They have just upped the level on some recipes. For Exmaple Heavy Fort bound was level 100, now it is 150.

Did not see any new recipes at all

Armor +6, Armor +7, and Righteousness. Like are in the notes.

Heavy Fort Bound is 100 *and* 150. Meaning 100 is only certain item slots (like Belt), but 150 is belt, gloves, trinket, goggles, helm, armor, etc etc etc.

MorningStarSE
01-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Even if my crafting is kinda low. I really like these changes.. I can't wait to twink my stuff :)

Perceval
01-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Armor +6, Armor +7, and Righteousness. Like are in the notes.

Heavy Fort Bound is 100 *and* 150. Meaning 100 is only certain item slots (like Belt), but 150 is belt, gloves, trinket, goggles, helm, armor, etc etc etc.

AH, ok so a couple new ones and a bunch of perversions of other. Still was looking for Disruption, Smiting, Banishing, Vorpal Ect...

If that all the new recipes they add, then I think crafters will be extremely disapointed

HungarianRhapsody
01-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I was very much hoping for Striding 25% and 30% and Acid/Cold/Sonic absorbtion 33%.

Erikanudan
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Pretty sure any crafted +5 banishing <metal> <weapon> of greater <outsider alignment> bane is why they are afraid of allowing the major enhancements to be crafted at this time ...

+9 weapon with vorpal kill, and 7d6 extra dmg that breaks DR ... yeah!

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon ... but then again, it'd only be useable by lvl 25 epic chars .... so, maybe with the expansion there may be hope.

sirgog
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
What are the ingredient costs like for the 'put me anywhere' shards?

And is it clear when looking at an unbound shard which type it is? (What I mean there is, if you are looking at a Con +5 unbound shard, is it immediately apparent whether or not this one can be slotted on gloves?)

BDS
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Any chance we can craft dodge +2 and 1 on different spots?

TheDearLeader
01-27-2012, 06:01 PM
What are the ingredient costs like for the 'put me anywhere' shards?

Most of them looked more expensive, but I still didn't see anything dramatically outside of current costs.

And is it clear when looking at an unbound shard which type it is? (What I mean there is, if you are looking at a Con +5 unbound shard, is it immediately apparent whether or not this one can be slotted on gloves?)

Not really. One's just a higher crafting level than the other. Since my crafter can't character copy over, I couldn't actually craft any of them to see what the shards look like.

Any chance we can craft dodge +2 and 1 on different spots?

Yeah, Dodge +2 at least was in there. I think +1 was, as well.

nivarch
01-27-2012, 06:04 PM
These "craft me everywhere" greater focus shards are going to make my FvS happy. Won't have to sacrifice ring slot to great evoc focus.

AMDarkwolf
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Pretty sure any crafted +5 banishing <metal> <weapon> of greater <outsider alignment> bane is why they are afraid of allowing the major enhancements to be crafted at this time ...

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon ... but then again, it'd only be useable by lvl 25 epic chars .... so, maybe with the expansion there may be hope.

ya can't have melee's even come a tiny bit closer to casters vs a single mob type, eh?

And the 'changes' to crafting depress me. 3 'new' recipes, yet all the current recipes just increased in level a little to 'justify' 200 levels? Wow turbine, u REALLY just wanna keep your players grinding and buying stuff in the store? I mean u don't even try to hide it anymore.

waterboytkd
01-27-2012, 06:09 PM

Seriously. It shouldn't be too hard to put in 2 extra trade-ins per greater essence: 10 greaters for 50 lessers, and 100 greaters for 500 lessers.

It's simple, doesn't require any change to the barter UI, and it'll save my wrist...

TheDearLeader
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
ya can't have melee's even come a tiny bit closer to casters vs a single mob type, eh?

And the 'changes' to crafting depress me. 3 'new' recipes, yet all the current recipes just increased in level a little to 'justify' 200 levels? Wow turbine, u REALLY just wanna keep your players grinding and buying stuff in the store? I mean u don't even try to hide it anymore.

Again, no old recipes have increased in level. Some recipes have a higher-level counterpart that confers extra benefits. This is a feature some players had requested.

I'm not saying I'm happy with what little we've got here, either, but at least keep to the facts.

waterboytkd
01-27-2012, 06:12 PM

I mean, they sell those blessed silver, blessed cold iron weapons in the ddo store...if they weren't meant for +5 Banishing of Greater Banes, then I just don't know what is... :B

Seriously, though, they would be VERY powerful weapons. Still wouldn't bring a melee in line with a caster for offensive power, but it does have the drawback that it makes named weapons, even epics, look like korthos gear.

Postumus
01-27-2012, 06:51 PM

I'd settle for not getting the 'error' message every other time I try to trade greaters for lessers.

TheDearLeader
01-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Small but meaningful update in the OP regarding Crafting XP.

DogMania
01-28-2012, 02:49 PM
If you look at my thread on the main general chat posts you will see that someone has posted that the EXTRA high shards can not be used on ANY ITEM but a lot more items. Why we could not make a +15 bluff, diplo or haggle shard is quite beyond me but we still cant

bhgiant
01-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Still can't get on Lam. What are the levels for righteousness?

Edit: that was fast, ty

TheDearLeader
01-28-2012, 02:52 PM
If you look at my thread on the main general chat posts you will see that someone has posted that the EXTRA high shards can not be used on ANY ITEM but a lot more items.

I've already listed in the OP the items that did not fall under the "any item" context. Most of the formulas allowed for stuff to be crafted on anything, or so close to almost anything that I missed what was left out. It's a large and rather inclusive list.

Edit - I got some screenshots, put them in the OP. Some items do indeed have less than *all*, but again have most.

Still can't get on Lam. What are the levels for righteousness?

Level 26 Bound, 52 Unbound.

Osma77
01-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Really glad i found this thread because i was loosing my mind. Made a new arti while i was waiting for my char to transfer, and when i saw that a) there was two diffrent entries for many diffrent shards and that b), many of the shards were 60 levels higher then they were before, i started freaking out.

cru121
01-31-2012, 03:35 AM
btw is Righteousness still bugged these days?
http://ddowiki.com/page/Righteous
Bug: As of U12 the +2 bonus vs Evil is not being applied.