PDA

View Full Version : TR and Tomes

junior_w
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
It's working.

voodoogroves
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Freshly consumed tome or one you ate a while back?

Shade
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
The only way you could know that is if you TR'd and then levels back up to at least 3 (to get a +1).

Which is doable since kookie was handing out xp.. So yes u did that? verified?

junior_w
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Freshly consumed tome or one you ate a while back?
I tested both. With a +2 STR, CON and CHA consumed past year and a +2 DEX consumed before the TR process.

The only way you could know that is if you TR'd and then levels back up to at least 3 (to get a +1).

Which is doable since kookie was handing out xp.. So yes u did that? verified?
Yes I TR'd and when I reach level 3 the +1 was applied to STR, DEX, CON and CHA.

EDIT:
Before level up
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2303/screenshot00085b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/screenshot00085b.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

After level up
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9818/screenshot00086n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/screenshot00086n.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

ArcaneMelee
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm curious as to whether consumed tomes are retained if one had TRed before U13.

Won't really bother me, just curious.

Wraith_Sarevok
01-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh did you just not eat a +1 INT tome? Seems to be working.

To be 100% sure, we'd have to re-level up to 15 and see if the +2, +3, and +4 tome bonuses are being applied correctly to all six stats. But I think it's safe to say that the mechanic is relatively bug free.

junior_w
01-26-2012, 08:14 PM

To be 100% sure, we'd have to re-level up to 15 and see if the +2, +3, and +4 tome bonuses are being applied correctly to all six stats. But I think it's safe to say that the mechanic is relatively bug free.

No INT tome was eaten.

After I TR'd I was going to ask Kookie some free xp, but he/she/it disappeared.

Valindria
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I would like to see a test with Store bought tomes too.

junior_w
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
I would like to see a test with Store bought tomes too.
The +2 DEX Tome was bought from the store.

Valindria
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
The +2 DEX Tome was bought from the store.

awesome thanks. I am not sure if I full trust the process to consume them live, but I might just gamble on it as some of the +3s I have would really help this life. If it doesn't work I guess I can just rage quit and find a new game finally.

NostalithilDarkstar
01-27-2012, 12:04 PM
So, if i get it right, you have to reach the minimum level of the tome for it to come back in your stats?

BDS
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
So, if i get it right, you have to reach the minimum level of the tome for it to come back in your stats?

That is what I am wondering. Would be cool if say you at a +3 tome you get +1 at level 3, +2 at level 7, and then the +3 at 11.

If that is not the case how does it work if you eat a new, lower value tome at lower levels. For evening stats, feat qualifying or whatever. Does this new tome override the tome from the previous life and the old one is lost? Or does that one just stay active until you reach the level of the tomes from the last life? IE eat +2 tome at level 7 to qualify for ITWF and +3 from last life shows up at 11.

One other question I would like to see confirmation on is that the tomes are staying through multiple TR's, not just the first TR after you ate it but all future ones as well. I wish I had the time to test these things myself and give people answers. Hopefully someone else will though.

Great news for the most part on U13. Hope it continues when the expansion hits as well.

junior_w
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Almost.

Let's say I ate a +3 Tome then TR'd, when I reach level 3 I'll receive +1, +2 at level 7 and the full bonus (+3) at level 11.

Alexandryte
01-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Thats proof for a first life, post tome consumption.

However, what happens when you TR again, or consume different tomes each life.

While the answer should be obvious, it is better to test it than to assume.

Ovrad
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Thats proof for a first life, post tome consumption.

However, what happens when you TR again, or consume different tomes each life.

While the answer should be obvious, it is better to test it than to assume.

Well technically if the system works, you could only eat higher tomes each lives, as you'd get the bonus from lower tier automatically when you meet the required ML.

I guess it's a legitimate concern to wonder if everything works on multiple TRs though.

Like so:
Life 1: Eat various tomes
Life 2: Get bonuses back (at required levels) but don't eat any tomes
Life 3: Bonuses should be kept again, but are they? *dramatic music*

quijenoth
01-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Off Topic - love your UI Junior, where can i get it?

K_0tiC
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Off Topic - love your UI Junior, where can i get it?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=315299

Thanks op +1 been holding off on 4 TRs waiting for something like this to happen they have all there gear and have eaten 3-5 +3tomes so didnt want to regrind the tomes before TRing. Now I need some way to login 6 of my toons at once so I can TR them all together ill pay 20k tp for it? :D

NaturalHazard
01-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Hehe i wonder if some of the people who used the chest exploit and got lucky on the +3 tomes are ticked off? I know some planned to hoard em and sell for a kings ransom but I can see the fire sales occuring already.

junior_w
01-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Just to confirm, the +2 inherent bonus was applied correctly when I did a level up to 7.

Cendaer
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Hehe i wonder if some of the people who used the chest exploit and got lucky on the +3 tomes are ticked off? I know some planned to hoard em and sell for a kings ransom but I can see the fire sales occuring already.

Oh yes... that whistling howl you hear? That's the price of stat tomes rapidly plummeting.

Now that tomes are pretty much going to be "eat one and you're done", and done forever; the market for them will be brisk at first, but the demand will fall off very rapidly.

Now the exploiters...errr...I mean tome farmers, will have to be quick to sell off what they've got on-hand (and do it at already reduced prices; they'll have to beat the price/convenience of the DDO store at the very least).

I'm sure there's already much hand-wringing going on, because it will be a sure-fire revelation as to who was exploiting, if someone decides to track all the upcoming tome-trading that's going to occur.

sephiroth1084
01-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Just to confirm, the +2 inherent bonus was applied correctly when I did a level up to 7.
Great! Thanks for the info!

If you can catch a dev to give you XP, any chance of leveling and doing a second TR to make sure tomes continue to apply themselves on the next life? See if you can ask the dev for a bigger tome than one you ate for a particular stat so you can see if that has any problems.

I know I'm kind of backseat driving here, but I can't load up Lama-land on my machine, so I'm relegated to this role.

junior_w
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Great! Thanks for the info!

If you can catch a dev to give you XP, any chance of leveling and doing a second TR to make sure tomes continue to apply themselves on the next life? See if you can ask the dev for a bigger tome than one you ate for a particular stat so you can see if that has any problems.

I know I'm kind of backseat driving here, but I can't load up Lama-land on my machine, so I'm relegated to this role.

404Error gave me xp to reach level 20, I just need to wait for the one week timer to TR again and check the next life.

Recared
01-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the testing and posting.

SisAmethyst
01-29-2012, 05:00 PM

It was ever like that already when you did e.g. a lesser reincarnation. The +1 of a +3 tome eaten get automatically applied at level 3 and the +2 automatically at level 7 and so on with the +3 appled on level 11 if I am not mistaken.

This effect is even a very nice thing because you may have not eaten a +1 or +2 INT previously and then suddenly have more skill points available after you do a lesser.

sephiroth1084
01-29-2012, 05:10 PM
404Error gave me xp to reach level 20, I just need to wait for the one week timer to TR again and check the next life.
Do you know if they can remove the timer?

In any case, I do really appreciate your testing this out. Thank you.

twigzz
01-29-2012, 05:21 PM
I TR'ed 2 toons I had on Lamaland(Favoredgear and twigz) and got XP for 20 from Devs and all tomes were still there, and yes they applied +1 at each ML.

Aeolwind
01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Do you know if they can remove the timer?

In any case, I do really appreciate your testing this out. Thank you.

lol, I suspect if they could they would NEVER let it get out hahahah!

sephiroth1084
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
lol, I suspect if they could they would NEVER let it get out hahahah!
Uh...what? I'm talking specifically just about removing it for testing purposes on Lama.

Phemt81
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
I am sooo excited for this new feature!!! It' s the best gift they could give us!!!

Thanks Turbine!!! :)

SilkofDrasnia
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM

Hoping for an update so we can know if tomes stay with multiple trs. :)

twigzz
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM

They do. TR'ed twigz again over the weekend and all tomes applied again at ML. :)

Can't wait for this to go live!

GotSomeQuestions
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
They do. TR'ed twigz again over the weekend and all tomes applied again at ML. :)

Thanks, I've been waiting to hear that confirmation. Now I just need to wait for it to be confirmed on live, and then I can eat some delicious tomes!

junior_w
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
I missed the last Dev Event because I spent the weekend sick. :(

Thank you for test :)

SilkofDrasnia
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I missed the last Dev Event because I spent the weekend sick. :(

Thank you for test :)

Aw that sucks about you being sick glad you seem to be better now amd thanks for quoting twigzz i missed that post.

Thanks for the testing twigzz, is great to know they stick :) (at least on lama xD hopefully will be good on live too)

Shoemaker
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
If this all goes as planned and as it seems to on lama, then what do we do with all of our bound duplicate +3 and +4 tomes we have been banking up for future lives? Has anyone found anything from the devs saying if they're planning on allowing us to use them for something? Maybe turn-in for Purifieds in crafting or exchanging for feat exchange shards or something?

atkbeast
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I had tr'd Jahon prior to the last dev event, so I just had to wait for the chance to level. Like twigzz, I found that all tomes applied at ML. But since there was time left, I tr'd him again and found the tomes applied the same way through the second life.

Flavilandile
02-08-2012, 01:56 AM

There's potentially a minor glitch with Int Tomes... see the appropriate thread in the bug section.

As I did TR a character that ate +1, +2 and +3 tomes I can say that they are applied correctly.

porq
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Excellent.

So this would mean if I ever scored a +4 dex tome, that I could take iTWF and gTWF at 15 and 18 because the full bonus applies as the level is taken.

It will never happen but I can dream!

Uska
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM

thats what I was wondering if it holds up through multiple tr's

atkbeast
02-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I can't vouch for +4 tomes, but I TR'd my cleric prior to the last event, and then again during it. The +3 con tome he ate about 3 years ago carried through both lives, so at least on Lamannia old tomes are good to go.

As he currently is on Khyber - 28 point

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/atkbeast/j28pt.jpg

After 2nd TR

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/atkbeast/tr2.jpg

Silverleafeon
02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all the testing :)

And a big THANK YOU to the developers for bringing this change to the game!!!

Taimasan
02-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm curious as to whether consumed tomes are retained if one had TRed before U13.

Won't really bother me, just curious.

This, I would really love to have my +4's back. >< but oh well. I'm not going to hope for it.