PDA

View Full Version : Unbind Tomes

Combat_Wombat
01-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Turbine do a one time pass of +2 and +3 tomes and unbind all of them that anyone currently has so they can get them somewhere useful. Allot of people have tomes saved for TR's characters that won't need them anymore post U13 and it would be a shame for them to be turned into crafting parts or just trashed(in the case of +3s).

Edit: Or at least make them BTA so the market isn't ruined, please.

Miow
01-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I have to say i agree all tomes gathered are earned they should be unbound ..... they are after all just a book :)...the thing is most tomes are bound for a good reason because it would hurt the sale of ddo store tomes in the long run...so i like the idea but would turbine ...well no.

Combat_Wombat
01-27-2012, 06:00 PM
bumps

Ravoc-DDO
01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
bta tomes would be nice

Alternatively, provide following recipe:
(btc) source +3 tome & target +2 tome = (btc) target +3 tome

FranOhmsford
01-27-2012, 08:29 PM
When I joined this game I was advised to buy a supreme tome - I did.

Then I got to 1750 favour and got a btc tome that was completely unusable - I was happier when I found that it could be used on my second life {though still irritated by the idea of losing all those +2s upon TRing anyway}. That was over a year ago and that character still hasn't TRd {tome still in bank}.

Now that tome {if it remains BtC} will become totally pointless to anyone who has gained +2 tomes in other ways or to those on their 7th life and on.

Please Devs make all tomes either unbound or BtA - No BtC tomes.

UrbanPyro
01-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Deleted.

Doomcrew
01-27-2012, 11:47 PM
hmm, all those tomes going to waste, maybe Turbine should
just leave them as they are .....

MsEricka
01-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes it is time to unbind tomes or change them from BTC to BTA.

With tomes being kept upon TR after U13 there are a lot of useless tomes that players will get. Tomes from DQ, Shroud, VoN and the 1750 favor tome will shortly become useless to most players unless they are high level crafters and will deconstruct them.

What's the point of keeping them BTC if we can't use them? If they were unbound they would find their way to other players.

dudulinka
01-28-2012, 01:37 AM
/not signed

Munkenmo
01-28-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes it is time to unbind tomes or change them from BTC to BTA.

With tomes being kept upon TR after U13 there are a lot of useless tomes that players will get. Tomes from DQ, Shroud, VoN and the 1750 favor tome will shortly become useless to most players unless they are high level crafters and will deconstruct them.

What's the point of keeping them BTC if we can't use them? If they were unbound they would find their way to other players.

i know i'm going to be getting a bit of use out of my +3 tomes i've got saved on munkenmo in the crafting hall.

Niv-mizzet
01-28-2012, 03:53 AM
I don't think they need to be unbound. Just eat them or trade them in at the crafting hall. Given time, we'll catch on to the idea that tomes will be common 'for roll' loot in most high end raids. (Since someone who has eaten that one has very little use for another copy.)

B0ltdrag0n
01-28-2012, 04:04 AM
No thank you.

I'm all for tomes carrying over on TR's, but I see no reason to make BTC tomes anything but purified dragonshards from now on ;)

Yan_PL
01-28-2012, 04:12 AM
make 1750 total favor free tome BtA.

enigma1122
01-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Turbine do a one time pass of +2 and +3 tomes and unbind all of them that anyone currently has so they can get them somewhere useful. Allot of people have tomes saved for TR's characters that won't need them anymore post U13 and it would be a shame for them to be turned into crafting parts or just trashed(in the case of +3s).

Edit: Or at least make them BTA so the market isn't ruined, please.

Yes please. Would give you +1 but I have to wait. Gave all my rep out trying to get attention on not nerfing Madstone Boots.

Ausdoerrt
01-28-2012, 06:49 AM
I think tomes ubtained in raids (+3s +4s and such) should remain BtC like the rest of main raid loot.

Any tomes that drop in quests should be unbound (I think they already are).

1750 favor tomes should change to BtA: a server-wide unlock should give a server-wide reward. Not to mention that with the upcoming TR tome change, the BtC +2 tomes will lose any relevance or usefulness very quickly.

djl
01-28-2012, 06:54 AM
There should not be any BtC tomes after this update-- just BtA. +3 and +4 tomes are so rare that it is asinine for them to be bound to the specific character that loots them.

KillEveryone
01-28-2012, 07:01 AM
/meh

I'm happy that I get to keep my tomes upon TR. This is what I really want.

Anything that is bound gets fed to the crafter.

I'm way more likely to pass a duplicate now that I'll keep tomes upon TR.

I will say that I don't care for BTC on tomes in general, especially the favor one, but I'm quite happy I get to keep tomes upon TR.

bloodnose13
01-28-2012, 09:08 AM
unbound or BTA reward tomes would be great, unbindng tomes would change nothing, they are hard enough to get, so if someone would want to sell/trade his reward tome for another or just plainly convert it to plat, its his/hers choice

im stuck with +2 dex tome from favor reward myself, on char that used one already, and i need one on other as example

Combat_Wombat
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Many people responding to this thread seem to be missing a few key points

The ship that is the rarity of +2 and +3 tomes sailed when they started being sold in the store and dropping as normal quest loot so claiming that as a reason is completely invalid.

+3 tomes as far as I am aware cannot be traded in for crafting shards and even if they could what would you do with them all? I don't know about anyone else but I have more then I have a use for just grinding up +1 tomes, turning them into crafting shards is just as useless of a fate as trashing them.

And all I am proposing is unbinding the tomes already have stored away for a use that will no longer be I am not suggesting unbinding all +2 and +3 tomes for ever and ever that is a discussion for another thread.

Also I am not suggesting this be done for +4 tomes because they are in fact still a rare commodity and a difficult piece of loot to obtain for even the most hardcore of player.

This is loot that people worked toward with a purpose and as great as TRs not eating tomes anymore is it is a straight up shame that this loot instantly becomes worthless and that grind wasted when there is such an easy fix that allows players to get some use from their hard work.

Ausdoerrt
01-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Naah. If the "tomes stay on TR" change sticks, +2 and +3 tomes will become less desired and more accessible. Tome market's going down anyway. Making them unbound will only increase the twinkableness of toons, which is already too high IMO.

And all I am proposing is unbinding the tomes already have stored away for a use that will no longer be I am not suggesting unbinding all +2 and +3 tomes for ever and ever that is a discussion for another thread.

What's the point of that? Why unbind some and not the others? What's the general logic behind such a change? I don't think that "I have some useless BtC gear I'd like to twink out an alt with or sell for lots of plat" would cut it.

Also, implementation issues. I don't think there's an effective way to change just the stored tomes. Or do you suggest that they go through every bank account on every toon manually?

Uska
01-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Maybe change future tomes but not current ones or old ones sorry and raid tomes should stay as they are as well.

Uska
01-29-2012, 03:47 AM

The ship that is the rarity of +2 and +3 tomes sailed when they started being sold in the store and dropping as normal quest loot so claiming that as a reason is completely invalid.

+3 tomes as far as I am aware cannot be traded in for crafting shards and even if they could what would you do with them all? I don't know about anyone else but I have more then I have a use for just grinding up +1 tomes, turning them into crafting shards is just as useless of a fate as trashing them.

Also I am not suggesting this be done for +4 tomes because they are in fact still a rare commodity and a difficult piece of loot to obtain for even the most hardcore of player.

This is loot that people worked toward with a purpose and as great as TRs not eating tomes anymore is it is a straight up shame that this loot instantly becomes worthless and that grind wasted when there is such an easy fix that allows players to get some use from their hard work.

I know exactly what your saying but you had the choice on many of those tomes when you got them on whether to keep them or pass them and it should stick

Yan_PL
01-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Raid tomes being BtC and eat once = benefit forever = tome passed in chest or put up for roll. this is good. keep raid ones BtC
but those that are given by 20th completions list, or 1750 toal favor rewards are going to be scraped at some point, if they're going to stay btc. make them BtA.

Cendaer
01-29-2012, 12:44 PM
/not signed

smatt
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM
/not signed

Making them stick through TR's is a HUGE bonus already....

Gizeh
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
/not signed

It is nice that you can now keep your tome bonuses on tr'ing. It is something that people have been asking for for a long time. but +3/+4 tomes should be reserved for characters that completed the quests/raids in which they can be obtained.

And as a hint: you can give btc items to party members before they are taken out of a chest...

kenderfall
01-29-2012, 02:23 PM
not signed

Kmnh
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
I would love to see the tomes that drop on end reward lists BtA.

CoasterHops
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I would love to see the tomes that drop on end reward lists BtA.

This, +2s, + 3s and +4s from 20th completions bound to account.

+3s and +4s from raid chests, bound to character to encourage trading to other characters in party. otherwise BTA noone will ever give these away.

1750 favor tome should be BTA.

Standard +1, 2 and 3s (put more + 3s in game plz) should remain unbound.

My 2 cents anyways.

Combat_Wombat
01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Christ does no one actually read threads they take the time to comment on?

smatt
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM

Yep, just as 95% of the things I played endless hours to obtain oer the last more than 5 years has at one time or another becoem worthless. Because the "New people" or the people who had less time to play are "Entitled" to something. So.... This is a common thing...

I just can't get onboard with such a suggestion, I often change my mind on some thigns I dont' like and some things I like.. I can't EVER seeing me supporting this at all.

ChemE
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM
For quite some time now I just sunder all my tomes into purified essences. Way more useful if your a craftyer and they are BTA even if you use a btc tome.

Produktion_Malphunktion
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
hmm, all those tomes going to waste, maybe Turbine should
just leave them as they are .....

That is exactly what I was thinking.
I'm also not a big fan of retrofitting any items. It is not as easy as you may think.

thandros
01-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Mabey will will be allowed to crunch +3 btc and bta tomes again for materials.

Yan_PL
01-30-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm also not a big fan of retrofitting any items. It is not as easy as you may think.
you can still keep existing ones as they are; all i am asking for, is having some means to make any use of 1750 favor free tome in situation where I already used +2 supreme tome. it's not that big deal tho, +1/+2 tomes are still dirt cheap. As it is now, taking 1750 favor reward on 6th+ life will be pretty pointless, heh :P

HungarianRhapsody
01-30-2012, 07:07 AM

There isn't anything that we can currently do with multiple BtC +3 tomes of the same stat. We can't even trade them in for purified eberron dragonshard essences (for Cannith crafting) anymore (although I do think that removing that option was the right move at the time just in order to reduce player outrage).

I think it would be a good idea to have an option to trade in +3 tomes for something nice like 5 epic tokens. Something big enough to make people feel like they're not just throwing a +3 tome in the trash, but small enough that people wouldn't want to turn in a +3 tome instead of eating it. This could be done in the epic altar or in the stone of change or even at the Cannith crafting vendor person where you trade in +1 and +2 tomes for purified dragonshard essences.

Uska
01-30-2012, 07:52 AM

Do you actually read the responses or only acknowledge the few that agree as correct?

Combat_Wombat
01-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Do you actually read the responses or only acknowledge the few that agree as correct?

I would love it if everyone in the thread would disagree with me it would far preferable to things that have nothing to do with the thread. I am not talking about changing the bound status of future tomes and have been quite clear but some people can't read. Just a few as an example since you apparently can't read them like they can't read mine....

And as a hint: you can give btc items to party members before they are taken out of a chest...

+3s and +4s from raid chests, bound to character to encourage trading to other characters in party. otherwise BTA noone will ever give these away.

Raid tomes being BtC and eat once = benefit forever = tome passed in chest or put up for roll. this is good. keep raid ones BtC

somenewnoob
01-30-2012, 08:41 AM
/signed

But like some have said, it will hurt store tome sales so it will probably never happen.

Kaldaka
01-30-2012, 10:11 AM

No Retrofitting?? I'm OK with that ... How about something changing with tomes pulled from U13 onward, i.e. the 20th shroud completion tome list becoming BtA, and all +2 tomes from raids and 1750 reward from now on becoming BtA? And how about some sort of trade (tomes to epic tokens, etc.) as was suggested for current tomes that will be going to total waste otherwise?

Havok.cry
01-30-2012, 10:24 AM
The point about the favor rewards seems silly to me. On your sixth life all the other generic favor rewards are useless, why should this one be different?

LordPiglet
01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
i know i'm going to be getting a bit of use out of my +3 tomes i've got saved on munkenmo in the crafting hall.

I thought they changed it so that +3's couldn't be used in the crafting hall.

I know I have 2 +3 btc con tomes on Arrael. I wouldn't mind them going BTA.

Ausdoerrt
01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
The point about the favor rewards seems silly to me. On your sixth life all the other generic favor rewards are useless, why should this one be different?

Sixth? This one will be useless on the second! With the TR change anyway.

Uska
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I would love it if everyone in the thread would disagree with me it would far preferable to things that have nothing to do with the thread. I am not talking about changing the bound status of future tomes and have been quite clear but some people can't read. Just a few as an example since you apparently can't read them like they can't read mine....

I am talking about the ones you already have you made your choice to take them and now you should be stuck with them if your read my posts thats what I said several posts ago and there is no way they should take special time to fix something like that for just a few greedy people

zeonardo
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
/not signed partialy

BtC tomes are mostly raid/quest loot and are bound just like other gears on those raids/quests. Otherwise they would have to unbind HoX, ADQ, and all those BtC loot quests too.

I'd agree to change the Total Favor tome to be BtA but only the ones earned AFTER the update. Leave the old ones untouched.
This way the "achieved to the account" would be fair just like drow, veteran, fvs and other benefits from Total Favor.

my 2 doublon

QuantumFX
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Perhaps they could put the Purified Eberron Dragonshard recipies back. It’s not like reaasonable people aren’t going to put bound tomes up for roll. (Yes, there are the occasional d-bags in DDO. Better to find out who they are and add them to global DNG lists.)

smatt
01-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Sell it to the vendor ;) or use the +2's for purified eberrons...

I'm not getting this thread at all...... :rolleyes: It's a HUGE BONUS they're giving out by making tomes stay through TR's, and NOW some people want more... :cool:

Havok.cry
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM

So will all the others... My point remains

Dartwick
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Probably the best solution would ne to make existing tomes into - bound to account.

And going forward make all new +3s bound to character just as they are now.

Uska
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Probably the best solution would ne to make existing tomes into - bound to account.

And going forward make all new +3s bound to character just as they are now.

there should be zero change to existing tomes

Yan_PL
01-30-2012, 04:32 PM

oh. Maj said that changing existing items is hassle. While I do agree that those of us that have stockpiled surplus tomes might feel like they're wasted, I am glad of this change and would gladly give away tomes that i have but won't be able to use. If such is the price of changes, it's a price I am willing to accept. I am just pointing out, that situation of future tomes is important to me AND what should be done in my opinion to preserve the ongoing balance of things, while not forcing players to waste any more tomes. This concerns me a lot; and in context where Maj says, "I'm also not a big fan of retrofitting any items. It is not as easy as you may think." discussion about existing tomes took preemptive strike.

Riggs
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
I am on the 'allow them to be crunched into purified shards' boat.

Like smatt said - tons of saved loot has been rendered utterly useless over the years - every second spent trying to recode old tomes is a second not spent recoding handwraps so they actually work properly for once in almost 4 years.

Make purified shards bta, or unbound - and poof - you have a use for all those old saved tomes you no longer will need.

Ungood
01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
The change won't happen for a few months, in that time people may TR or not. The change may or may not happen quickly either, and their may be issues. Far better to leave things alone in this case then to go around messing with them on the horizon of them being messed with more. That is just like begging for something to go wrong.

Thus.

/Not Signed.

Added: As for my stockpile of tomes, for once I am going to eat everyone I can, once I can keep them. There will be no reason not to anymore. Before I would only eat the tomes I was going to need the most, and save the rest for next life, or what have you. No such problem with that anymore. Chomp.. Chomp! Yummy Tomes!

Quarterling
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Turbine answers everyone's call and makes it so that tomes carry over with TRing, and you still want MORE? How greedy can you get? ;)

Also /not signed for several other reasons as well.

Schnellcast
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Turbine answers everyone's call and makes it so that tomes carry over with TRing, and you still want MORE? How greedy can you get? ;)

Pretty Darn Greedy!

CoasterHops
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Its funny how you have assumed by my comment that I didn't read your post, where i have read it and fully understand it.

My post was merely a suggestion in regards to tomes in general in the future, but clearly this thread isn't the place to make any other suggestions, except for the signed/not signed that you are after.

I apologise profusely for thinking maybe a thread was being started here that could open up discourse on the subject of tomes and what to do in regards to them post U13.

Silverleafeon
01-31-2012, 08:30 AM
/not signed

Making them stick through TR's is a HUGE bonus already....

Agreed and thank you developers for doing so.

I took my unwanted bound +2 tomes and gladly traded them in at the crafting hall for purifed eberron dragonshards as I and other crafters desperately needed them.

Somewhere to turn in our unwanted bound +3 and +4 tomes cause we got +5 tomes from an epic raid might be nice?
Perhaps something other than eberron dragonshards, maybe cannith power cells or red dragon scales or large ingrediants?