PDA

View Full Version : U13 is Open!

KookieKobold
01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Welcome one and all to Lamannia!

We're online and ready for everyone to take an early look at Update 13!

See you all there!

Release notes can be found at: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066
and
Known Issues can be found here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=178590

For this update, we have decided not to wipe the characters or the character transfers.

MrkGrismer
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Adventurers will now see all available named items as an option in their quest arc end reward lists when completing a quest arc for the third time (and every three times thereafter!) See Quests, Challenges, and Adventure Areas for specific details.

Many adventures will now offer special end reward lists when players complete their quest arcs for the third time (and every three times thereafter!) Named items that can appear on a quest arc’s end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc. Special third completion rewards are available for:

The Catacombs
The Ruins of Threnal
Sorrowdusk Isle
Delera’s Tomb
Tangleroot Gorge
Shan-to-Kor
The Phiarlan Carnival
The Sharn Syndicate
The Reign of Madness
Harbinger of Madness
Attack on Stormreach
The Waterworks
The Path of Inspiration
The Dreaming Dark
Reaver’s Reach
The Red Fens

Some quests offer specific rewards on third completion, see individual quest information below for further detail.

OMG!! You mean I won't have to run tangleroot more than three times to get a visor on each character anymore?!?

(but still Muckbanes will be elusive...)

Hirelings and Iron Defenders will no longer attack far away enemies after engaging in closer combat while in defensive mode.

If true, yay!

Cetus
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Uh, can you please wipe the character transfers?

I cant access the content with my preferred character because of TRing since last time he got launched over.

MrkGrismer
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Orchard of the Macabre

All chests in the Orchard of the Macabre that had a chance to drop Sigil pieces, Tattered Tapestries, Tome of Untold Legends pages, or Shield of Legend fragments now have a chance to drop any of the above. If a chest previously had a specific Sigil piece, Tome page, or Shield fragment associated with it, that chest will remain the best source for that particular item. However, these items can now drop from any of the above chests.

Does this mean that the chests for the rares can drop sigil pieces, tome pages, and/or shield fragments now? (if so, I repeat my OMG!)

ahem:

Ability Tome benefits are now preserved after True Reincarnation.

Is this update to be titled: All Your Player Wishes Are Belong To Us?

Havok.cry
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
The Shroud

Shavarath Blades will no longer strike as rapidly, do less damage on all difficulties, and display a warning when they first enter the game.

This is disappointing, shroud was fun. Now I'm going to go back to standing in the blades and pretending they dont exist. Only now I'll have to turn off the DM voice to better pretend.

Havok.cry
01-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Does this mean that the chests for the rares can drop sigil pieces, tome pages, and/or shield fragments now? (if so, I repeat my OMG!)

If it does I may actually flag for abbot sometime.

MrkGrismer
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM

Same here.

As for Shroud, if normal is too boring you can always go Elite, better rewards anyway.

Personally I think level 20s wanting to do a level 17 raid means that maybe the rewards for the level 17 raid are 'too good', or the rewards for level 20 stuff 'not good enough' (depending how you look at it).

But then again, I haven't finished a tier 3 green steel yet either...

deadmanet
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM

Yeah, me too!

Havok.cry
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Same here.

As for Shroud, if normal is too boring you can always go Elite, better rewards anyway.

Personally I think level 20s wanting to do a level 17 raid means that maybe the rewards for the level 17 raid are 'too good', or the rewards for level 20 stuff 'not good enough' (depending how you look at it).

They are dropping the damage on ALL difficulties... i cant complain about them droppping normal damage, but I can about all difficulties damage... and I do run it at level... on elite... without dying due to blades.

Havok.cry
01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Also:

Challenges

Epic Challenge dungeon entrances now have purple map icons.
The Lich has been removed from Extraplanar challenges, and the Marilith has been returned to these challenges.

Dr. Rushmore's Mansion: Moving Targets

The minimum level of this challenge has been reduced to 8.

Extraplanar Mining: Dragon's Hoard

Kobold Island: The Disruptor

Lava Caves: Colossal Crystals

This is not good enough to get me to run a challenge again. Increase the drop rate, and make the tokens that people are getting too fast more expensive... OR go home!

Avidus
01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Umm a few questions...

Update 12 patch 3 release note: (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_12_Patch_3_Official)
Challenge: Extraplanar Mining
■The Marilith has been removed from this challenge.

Update 13 release note: (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066)
The Lich has been removed from Extraplanar challenges, and the Marilith has been returned to these challenges

Which way is it supposed to be? Lich or Marilith? I remember alot of talk about this decision in the Lets Talk: challenges thread.

Also with regards to the tomes being retained by TR's. Will tomes eaten before update 13 still be retained or no? My thinking is that they will but I need to be 100% on this before I TR with +3/4 tomes eaten.

Mat59765
01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
The Lich has been removed from Extraplanar challenges, and the Marilith has been returned to these challenges.

more screw the melees as per usual, why am i not surprised

MrkGrismer
01-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Maybe they should just make it 50/50 that it will be one or the other. I don't like either one myself.

Boo on dropping the damage on the blades, but I never thought the blades should be the 'major' enemy in part 4 anyway. But no I wasn't having any trouble on the blades either, but there were fewer shrouds being posted and I did not like that.

BladeTricks
01-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Best release notes EVAR!

* Adventurers will now see all available named items as an option in their quest arc end reward lists when completing a quest arc for the third time (and every three times thereafter!) See Quests, Challenges, and Adventure Areas for specific details.

* The Shroud: Shavarath Blades will no longer strike as rapidly, do less damage on all difficulties, and display a warning when they first enter the game.

* Ability Tome benefits are now preserved after True Reincarnation.

TY TY TY!!!

Aelonwy
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Reincarnation

Ability Tome benefits are now preserved after True Reincarnation.

Wow!!!! As in I am flabbergasted! I can actually rationalize spending real life money on the convenience of tomes now. Oh honey? You know Valentine's Day is coming up soon? Well.......

Crafting

Cannith Crafting recipes now have higher-level versions with less restrictive equipment slot restrictions. These new recipes are available at levels 101-150 for Bound shards, and from level 151 to 194 for Unbound shards. Cannith crafters can now level up to 200.
Players can now craft Righteous, Armor Bonus +6, and Armor Bonus +7 Shards.
The enchantment value of the "Returning" effect for thrown weapons will no longer contribute to an items Total Enchantment Level.

Question: Does this mean we might be getting recipes for skills +15, Striding 25% & 30%, Force (maybe for handwraps only as is currently on random gen loot)? Will we ever get paralyzing (and prove Fernando right), smiting, disruption, banishing, and vorpal?

azrael4h
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Same here.

Well, it's more an issue with the amount of grind needed to make any items from the raid; even if you started at 16 or 17, you'll be hard pressed to make a single tier III item before capping, unless you quit playing except to Shroud or are a multi-TR.

Now level 20's running VoN; a level 10 raid, over and over for static item drops means that either the drop rates are out of whack, or the items are too good.

Cordovan
01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Umm a few questions...

Update 12 patch 3 release note: (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_12_Patch_3_Official)
Challenge: Extraplanar Mining
■The Marilith has been removed from this challenge.

Update 13 release note: (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066)
The Lich has been removed from Extraplanar challenges, and the Marilith has been returned to these challenges

Which way is it supposed to be? Lich or Marilith? I remember alot of talk about this decision in the Lets Talk: challenges thread.

Also with regards to the tomes being retained by TR's. Will tomes eaten before update 13 still be retained or no? My thinking is that they will but I need to be 100% on this before I TR with +3/4 tomes eaten.

Heh, I figured someone would notice this. After doing a little digging, it looks like the intention was to remove the Lich and not the Marilith, but one of our sorcerers sneezed while casting Banishment, and the wrong creature got removed instead. The intention is for the Lich to be downsized, and the Marilith to remain employed.

LeLoric
01-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Heh, I figured someone would notice this. After doing a little digging, it looks like the intention was to remove the Lich and not the Marilith, but one of our sorcerers sneezed while casting Banishment, and the wrong creature got removed instead. The intention is for the Lich to be downsized, and the Marilith to remain employed.

This is really a horrible choice. The marilith is pretty much impossible for a melee to take down on some of the harder difficulties. The lich could at least be taken down by either although usually easier by melees.

Havok.cry
01-26-2012, 04:28 PM
This is really a horrible choice. The marilith is pretty much impossible for a melee to take down on some of the harder difficulties. The lich could at least be taken down by either although usually easier by melees.

The original intention was to remove the lich, but when they anounced it, a ton of players chimed in that that was insane and they should remove the maralith instead. Cordovan changed the plans and the maralith was getting the walking papers, when suddenly every forumite that hadn't chimed in before, told him leaving the lich was crazy talk and to keep the maralith.

All in all this situation is a bit amusing to me.

Lifespawn
01-26-2012, 04:29 PM

i agree that the marlith is tough but the lich has been more trouble to all the melee i talked to mostly because of spell selection

LeLoric
01-26-2012, 04:31 PM
The original intention was to remove the lich, but when they anounced it, a ton of players chimed in that that was insane and they should remove the maralith instead. Cordovan changed the plans and the maralith was getting the walking papers, when suddenly every forumite that hadn't chimed in before, told him leaving the lich was crazy talk and to keep the maralith.

To be honest both creatures create soem serious difficulties for a different subset of classes. Either just one or the other means 100% of the time that group will struggle and makes it lean way far the other way I think this is why you see these reactions.

Havok.cry
01-26-2012, 04:35 PM
To be honest both creatures create soem serious difficulties for a different subset of classes. Either just one or the other means 100% of the time that group will struggle and makes it lean way far the other way I think this is why you see these reactions.

Oh I know, but I still think its funny. I am glad that it illustrates that the devs DO actually occasionally see reason and implement our desires. Most of this update does. Unfortunately doing good isn't a free pass to do bad. Good thing the dev team are all masochists

Cauthey
01-26-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: U13 Lamminia release notes:

http://thelaughingmarcus.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/so-much-win.jpg

More crafting?! <3
Random Ioun stones awarded from the Dreaming Dark Chain?! <3
Third time completion rewards?! <3
Ability Tome benefits are now preserved after True Reincarnation?! <3

If your goal, Devs, was to make DDO a lot less grindy with Update 13, I think that you have succeeded! :D

Thank you for an exciting Update preview! :D

Alundaar
01-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Its funny my gimp dex based light monk has no problem with either

prob because of his 80+ ac he was able to tank the mari and because of his 30sr he was able to take on the lich

people complained that challenges were more geared for solo rather than group tactics but if you do apply group tactics it makes them easier grab an intimi tank for the bosses both respond to intim

both bosses take less than 30 secs to take care of with the correct approch. even without casters or divines.

EatSmart
01-26-2012, 05:55 PM

Bah, I thought they were doing a time-share scheme where each would annoy the players for alternating updates while the other gets the villa in Antaraxia to themselves.

Shade
01-26-2012, 07:22 PM

I dunno about that.

Shes was near-impossible pre nerf (Tho doable as probably saw in my solo25 video of her)..

Now shes well within range of strong/well geared melee.

But yea, either way both changes were dumb.

Having both was a great combo that encouraged teamwork, as marilith was tough for melee, but easy for caster, and lich was touch for caster, but easy for melee.

WolfSpirit
01-26-2012, 08:29 PM
For this update, we have decided not to wipe the characters or the character transfers.
~
I actually wish you had. It would be me a second shot at transfering my "Failed" and most powerful of characters over.
Any word on XP boosting 1000% again or some level up event?

Phemt81
01-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Ability Tome benefits are now preserved after True Reincarnation?! <3

OMG ! ! ! Is that for real? :eek:

I am loving Turbine stuff and Turbine staff too!!!! :D

Question: Does this mean we might be getting recipes for skills +15, Striding 25% & 30%, Force (maybe for handwraps only as is currently on random gen loot)? Will we ever get paralyzing (and prove Fernando right), smiting, disruption, banishing, and vorpal?

And haste, please haste please! ;)

Solmage
01-27-2012, 12:37 AM

Count me in. Lich goes, Marilith stays. If we can melee her epic in epic DQ, the heck we can't melee her here. If you think she needs to be toned down in certain difficulties further, then lets tone her down.

skyjuice
01-27-2012, 12:51 AM
OMG!! You mean I won't have to run tangleroot more than three times to get a visor on each character anymore?!?

(but still Muckbanes will be elusive...)

If true, yay!

Not to be confused with named items found in chests. Flesh render guard is a fine example of being part of End Reward lists (except it's not always generated).

This is a good change to reduce the *grind*, especially for the TR module :rolleyes:

Wraith_Sarevok
01-27-2012, 02:00 AM
What are my thoughts on the update?

Well, pretty much every change was extremely beneficial and showed good judgement. Yes some things like the Monk's extra stun and trip procs being removed or the sneak attacking mobs getting crits on us are annoying, but for the most part we will adapt. Shroud is easier, but hey it's Shroud. It's difficult to balance that raid for a lvl 20 party since it was designed when the cap was 16. They are small changes and they aren't game-breaking.

Overall Grade: A+

But then there's the one change that failed miserably. And this is such a bad change; such a god-awful and gamebreaking decision that it completely kills off one of the most popular raid loot items we've known for years. This change is so terrible that its forced open a nearly 10 page discussion of hate towards Turbine. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=359437

Madstone Nerf Grade: F

So yeah, I was more than fair. My personal biased opinion on this update is that it's a mixed bag. It deserves a C. The Madstone nerf is so fail that it actually drags the entire update's grade down to mediocrity. I would rather hold on to my old Madstone Boots than accept this update as it stands now. The thumbs down on my title is there for a reason.

Postumus
01-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Cannith Crafting recipes now have higher-level versions with less restrictive equipment slot restrictions. These new recipes are available at levels 101-150 for Bound shards, and from level 151 to 194 for Unbound shards. Cannith crafters can now level up to 200.
Players can now craft Righteous, Armor Bonus +6, and Armor Bonus +7 Shards.
[/b]

Yeah, well I'm going to wait and see what the recipes look like before I take my pants off and pull a King David.

Failedlegend
01-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Well here's my highlights

Players can now reach level 200 in Cannith Crafting! New recipes are available, and higher-level shards can now be crafted that have looser equipment slot restrictions.

Oh good cause we were getting really close to 100 :P The looser slot restriction thing is really cool.

Monk melee attack ranges have been increased while moving forward or chasing a target.

Monks will now resume their attack sequence a little faster after performing a buff-style finishing move.

Many classes now gain the "Arcane Lore", "Religious Lore", or "Wilderness Lore" feats every level, which may modify certain dialog options or come up in other ways during quests.

Well thats interesting...wonder if its new quests only or retroactive

An Artificer's Iron Defender will now be healed in cities and taverns.

An Iron Defender's fortification amount will now be displayed in its character sheet.

Hirelings and Iron Defenders will no longer attack far away enemies after engaging in closer combat while in defensive mode.
THANK YOU!!!!!

Tooltips for hirelings and pets will now describe them as "companions".

Dead Iron Defenders will now be brought back to life when their owners enter a public area.

Item enchantment spells like Elemental Weapons and Lucky Cape now display a buff icon in the upper-right corner of the screen while an enchanted item is equipped.
WAHOO!!!!!!! This will make keeping buffs up much easier

Conjure Bolts now creates more powerful bolts when cast by a more powerful caster. At 4th level, and every four levels after, the bolts gain +1 to their enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +6 at level 20.
This spell just got infinitely cooler

Anyways what level is the new adventure pack?

Sidenote: Why are people *****ing about madstone so much....I like that I can cast when madstoned now...I don't see how thats a nerf

@Wraith_Sarevok: You don't understand how grading works do you.....if everything else is A+ one F will not make a C.....probably B or B+. Besides the letter system is archaic and outdated because you can only go down. The plan for education (at least in Canada) is to go the other way every time you do something you gain X amount of points based on your performance than at the end of the year or semester or whatever those points are tallied and you gain a percentage based on your total (ie. Tommy got 50 points out of a total of 60 his final score is 83%) the scoring for teachers is pretty much the same but psychologically its far more likely for students to do well due to having an upward progression instead of a downward one just like a workplace with positive environment will have more productive workers than a place with a negative environment...try telling that to your boss though doesn't go over well.

MrkGrismer
01-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Many classes now gain the "Arcane Lore", "Religious Lore", or "Wilderness Lore" feats every level, which may modify certain dialog options or come up in other ways during quests.

Well thats interesting...wonder if its new quests only or retroactive

I am pretty sure this is something that is being added in with druids and will most likely only be written in future adventures and maybe when they re-do some past ones (like maybe Threnal and other ones that have messed up flagging).

Anyways what level is the new adventure pack?

I believe 16, but it was phrased kind of strange on the other post (something like "it is best to bring level 16 characters for this").

somenewnoob
01-27-2012, 07:46 AM

Aye. On my fighter the lich is cake, marilith a pain. On my low level wiz, the lich is a complete pain and the marilith a cinch. Cleric kills both easily.

Just depends on the toon.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do any respecatble damage to the lich on a 10wiz/2 rogue.

Cauthey
01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Sidenote: Why are people *****ing about madstone so much....I like that I can cast when madstoned now...I don't see how thats a nerf

Here's how the U13 Nerfstone Boots are a nerf:

In most parties/raids, Haste means go. However, what is usually cast before Haste? Rage?

The commonly cast cocktail is affectionately called "Hage."

Well, Rage (the spell) is a moral bonus to Strength and Constitution. U13 Nerfstone Boots: Nerfstone Rage will become a MORAL bonus to Strength and Constitution.

So, in the course of one little update, a highly sought after loot item that GREATLY benefits melee players has been completely nullified. Why even bother putting the boots on now if the caster is going to Hage everyone before you go, anyway?

edgarallanpoe
01-27-2012, 09:43 AM

On top of what the above poster stated you also get serious debuffs to Char, Wis, and Int along with a fear effect for a minute (IIRC). Hence...my monk will never wear them again if they go live. That isn't just a nerf...that's a friggin full on wipe of a very useful item to my Horc Monk.

somenewnoob
01-27-2012, 09:45 AM
On top of what the above poster stated you also get serious debuffs to Char, Wis, and Int along with a fear effect for a minute (IIRC). Hence...my monk will never wear them again if they go live. That isn't just a nerf...that's a friggin full on wipe of a very useful item to my Horc Monk.

And this is also another serious detriment to using sf potions since not many melees would have the stats to withstand a sf debuff and the ms debuff.

:mad:

Havok.cry
01-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Aye. On my fighter the lich is cake, marilith a pain. On my low level wiz, the lich is a complete pain and the marilith a cinch. Cleric kills both easily.

Just depends on the toon.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do any respecatble damage to the lich on a 10wiz/2 rogue.

Level 1 spell disrupt undead seems to do adequate damage

somenewnoob
01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Level 1 spell disrupt undead seems to do adequate damage

Ah! Thank you! I will give that a shot.

Failedlegend
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM

Oh so its the changing of the buff "Type" to morale thats the issue ok...my melee's all have a little arcane (see Bone Arcane Knight in my sig) so I've never used the boots before due to casting limitation...to me this is a buff...but if it doesn't stack with rage I guess it is kind of pointless.

UrbanPyro
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Deleted.

brian14
01-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Love all the changes EXCEPT making Ioun Stones third-completion reward. I *like* that DDO has some items so incredibly rare "grinding" for them is pointless, and actually finding one is an OMG! moment. (And not terribly overpowered at that.)

Do not care about Madstone Rage one way or the other.

Cauthey
01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Here's how the U13 Nerfstone Boots are a nerf:

In most parties/raids, Haste means go. However, what is usually cast before Haste? Rage?

The commonly cast cocktail is affectionately called "Hage."

Well, Rage (the spell) is a moral bonus to Strength and Constitution. U13 Nerfstone Boots: Nerfstone Rage will become a MORAL bonus to Strength and Constitution.

So, in the course of one little update, a highly sought after loot item that GREATLY benefits melee players has been completely nullified. Why even bother putting the boots on now if the caster is going to Hage everyone before you go, anyway?

For what it's worth, the Devs ONCE AGAIN are listening, and are not nerfing just to nerf or to make players unhappy:

Nerfstone Boots Explained:

It only took 53 posts. :)

Post by Genasi re madstone boots (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4281197&postcount=272)

:D Thank you, Devs, for hearing us! :D

Wraith_Sarevok
01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh so its the changing of the buff "Type" to morale thats the issue ok...my melee's all have a little arcane (see Bone Arcane Knight in my sig) so I've never used the boots before due to casting limitation...to me this is a buff...but if it doesn't stack with rage I guess it is kind of pointless.

Yes, it still DOES stack with rage. Common misconception due to the way they wrote the description. Even with Rage (spell) buff active, you still get +2 STR and +4 CON from the Madstone Rage or Madstone Reaction.

But Madstone Rage and Madstone Reaction no longer stack with each other because they are both the same type. So the net gain is what you see above. This is in itself a nerf because they used to be stackable to +4 STR and +8 CON.

THAT isn't so bad. But what really kills this item is the extremely painful penalties they give us for using them. -4 INT, -4 WIS, -4 CHA, and -3 will save. On top of all that: When it wears off, we are Shaken so we take another -2 penalty to all saves. And I've been told stories that the penalties from double procs currently stack.

What does this mean? It is nearly impossible to drink Silver Flame potions with this rage active without going helpless. Using this rage means that we are vulnerable to being rendered helpless by Quori stat drains. Using this rage also means our will save is crippled to the point that we can be constantly held and stunned by enemy casters.

Big nail in the coffin: Melee and Rangers just lost the ability to self heal while using this buff, meaning it's completely worthless to them. Rogues have a harder time healing due to -10% chance to UMD. Flat -40 HP to any respectable tank that used to wear these against melee-heavy bosses.

Casters? Not so bad. -2 to DC's hardly bothers most casters who can already CC Epic Lord of Blades and Epic Chronoscope. Minor loss in spell points. Still have the highest will saves in the game even with the penalty. Can still self-heal easily. Gain the ability to cast spells which is game-breakingly powerful. Already majorly overpowered in this game as you can see in the Achievements forum.

What's the conclusion? This was a completely biased change to make the item usable by casters. They get free hit points, free armor, free melee capabilities, can cast spells, and suffer very minor penalties compared to melee. Melee and Rangers get nerfed to the extreme. Major increase in casters' desire to farm this item. Major increase in melee's desire to throw this item away.

davidolson22
01-27-2012, 01:59 PM

Wouldn't it have been simpler to leave both bosses in and that way no one is given an easy button 100% of the time, except for my fvs?

vermentto
01-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Really nice update.
Things some of us waited for long , like tomes (!!!!!!) or the alt-tab fix

A great move to open more F2P quest.
I appreciate ,even if i ll continue to buy all the packs.

One thing doesnt pleases me ,its the madstone "fix".
I hope you change your mind ,or keep it as it is now.

Thx for this idea of Forgottens/Eberron pack idea ,and all the better if its in Cormyr.

some stuff like the ladder bug remains but you cant fix everything in one day.

Thx devs.

it would be nice in the Menace of Underdark to have new faiths available from FRealms/universal gods like
Torm, Bane ,Shar,Tempus ,Corellon,Moradin,Elistriaee...

Nephilia
01-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Just to be sure... with the "abilities tomes retain after TR" u mean the ones we could buy in the DDO store or even the one we could loot ?

Teelk_Jafffa
01-30-2012, 07:19 AM
My question is what about the people who have just TR'ed in the last month? Will store bought tomes be replaced or credit given or is this just the bad luck of TR'ing before the release notes were made available?

Sleepsalot
01-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I can't see them giving a refund Sounds like you intended to TR yes it kinda is bad luck, But still will be 2-3 weeks I would think before the update hits Live..

Sleeps :D :) :D

My question is what about the people who have just TR'ed in the last month? Will store bought tomes be replaced or credit given or is this just the bad luck of TR'ing before the release notes were made available?

altrocks
01-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Love all the changes EXCEPT making Ioun Stones third-completion reward. I *like* that DDO has some items so incredibly rare "grinding" for them is pointless, and actually finding one is an OMG! moment. (And not terribly overpowered at that.)

Try getting the epic Sand's seal that you want. There's still plenty of pointless grinding left in the game.

nayozz
01-31-2012, 06:54 PM
if you dont like a -4 to stats... -2 dc is fine...
but dont add spell point cost penalty :P

i can finally see an item with superior potency 6+ that isn't an 1h weapon, 2h weapon, or necklace :D

and since you can't craft superior potency 6 (or more) with cannitch crafting... even a superior potency vi kama you can't make for the poor fvs - monk, or cleric monk to wear... the new madstone boots would just fill that role :P

ddo.rsmo.pt
02-08-2012, 03:15 AM
The Ability Tomes update is not as much of a win to the player, as it is for Turbine.
It was probably done for them, not you and me.

Still, it would be interesting to know if current tomes are retained (I assume yes, they probably just will program not to wipe Inherent Bonus when TR'ing).

Rest of the update is mostly tidying up, to me. Most likely to clean as much as possible for the new Expansion.

But... I STILL wanna see UI made smarter:

I wanna see how many times I repeated a quest (or at least, the current penalty)
I wanna see the streak bonuses on the quest panel
I wanna see a Raid Panel! C'mon... /quest completed !?!? Fail....

I know this aint the suggestion thread, but those been there for ages, they kinda smell now.

Oh wait, that's me... sorry. :D

MrkGrismer
02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Orchard of the Macabre

All chests in the Orchard of the Macabre that had a chance to drop Sigil pieces, Tattered Tapestries, Tome of Untold Legends pages, or Shield of Legend fragments now have a chance to drop any of the above. If a chest previously had a specific Sigil piece, Tome page, or Shield fragment associated with it, that chest will remain the best source for that particular item. However, these items can now drop from any of the above chests.

Any chance we could get something similar for Amarath where it green steel ingredients would drop in the rare chests (as well as chests inside the quests). I mean, level 19 and all...

EllisDee37
02-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Still, it would be interesting to know if current tomes are retained (I assume yes, they probably just will program not to wipe Inherent Bonus when TR'ing).I was wondering the same thing, but then I realized that pre-existing tomes almost have to be retained since you aren't allowed to eat a tome you've already eaten.

Say I already ate a +2 con tome, the update hits, and I have an extra +2 con laying around so I want to eat it after the update to be sure it's retained. The game won't let me.

altrocks
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but then I realized that pre-existing tomes almost have to be retained since you aren't allowed to eat a tome you've already eaten.

Say I already ate a +2 con tome, the update hits, and I have an extra +2 con laying around so I want to eat it after the update to be sure it's retained. The game won't let me.

Look on the bright side. Knowing Turbine, there's a 50% chance that it will let you eat the second +2 Tome at release and you'll get +4. Give it a shot anyway.

Ebergar
02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Many adventures will now offer special end reward lists when players complete their quest arcs for the third time (and every three times thereafter!) Named items that can appear on a quest arc’s end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc. Special third completion rewards are available for:
The Phiarlan Carnival
Does it mean all korthos items on the list?
Archivist's Necklace for the win! I was newbie and vendored that long ago :D

Taimasan
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Does it mean all korthos items on the list?
Archivist's Necklace for the win! I was newbie and vendored that long ago :D

I still carry my waterbreathing item till I get a under water action item. Tl;pr: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cardoor
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM

This. I was just about to write almost exactly what you wrote before I read your post.

I find myself wanting to solo quests more and more and I think it is the cookie-cutter things like this that are the reason. A magical, more classical PnP setting has been missing in DDO and it makes it even worse when other players want to tell you exactly which items you must have (that gets so old so fast). Ioun stones had a magic in there rarity.

Hopefully Underdark can salvage the waning interest the latest updates have invoked in me, and I haven't played the new update 13 quests yet, so I am looking forward to them!

Cardoor
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Try getting the epic Sand's seal that you want. There's still plenty of pointless grinding left in the game.

You couldn't realistically grind for Ioun stones, that is what made them so unique.

altrocks
02-25-2012, 01:07 AM
You couldn't realistically grind for Ioun stones, that is what made them so unique.

Except pretty much everyone did and knew how to do it. They were just really, really rare. Or they bought them/traded for them from people who did know how.