PDA

View Full Version : Masterwork Potion Belts and Bandoliers

PhaerV
01-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok, so in DDO we have Quivers for arrows and bolts, and Bags for collectables, gems, and ingredients.

Could we please get a Masterwork Potion Belt (Sml, Med, Lrg container) for holding 3 or more stacks of different Potions (based on the D&D v3.5 PnP item), and a Masterwork Bandolier (quiver) for holding 3 or more stacks of different Thrown Weapons?

If they already exist, I appologize for being redundant.

Nytefell
Drow Monk
Thelanis server

dkyle
01-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Problem is the lack of tech to use items directly from bags, except very specific cases (collectible turn ins, and crafting). A potion belt that just carried potions, and required they be removed to be used, would be kind of pointless. Like those cookie jars...

But it would be nice. Scroll cases too. Inventory management is not a game I find enjoyable, so the less of it the better.

PhaerV
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
@dkyle - I was unaware you could not create a key on the Shortcut Bar for using a cookie out of a jar. Because that was the equivalent item I envisioned for the Masterwork Potion Belt.

However, the concept I had for the Masterwork Bandolier was it is a "quiver" slot container, and whatever you had in the "ammo" slot is what was thrown or drawn out.

dkyle
01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
@dkyle - I was unaware you could not create a key on the Shortcut Bar for using a cookie out of a jar. Because that was the equivalent item I envisioned for the Masterwork Potion Belt.

However, the concept I had for the Masterwork Bandolier was it is a "quiver" slot container, and whatever you had in the "ammo" slot is what was thrown or drawn out.

The Bandolier is the same issue. We directly equip and use thrown weapons. We do not directly use arrows from quivers. The arrows only get pulled out and put into the arrows slot when a stack runs out.

I'm not saying it can't happen, just that it requires some significant system changes that have been asked for, for a long time.