PDA

View Full Version : Guild Airship Bulletin Board

Silverwren
01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
OK, I know I've brought it up before, but I'm required by law to bring it up at least twice per year, or once every update, whichever is greater. It's part of my probation. ;)

We guilds need a more efficient method of communicating with our guild members than the Daily Message and/or external Guild websites. I propose a guild bulletin board (once again, kudos to Memnir for the original idea).

The bulletin board should ideally be purchasable like any other ship amenity, and come with it's own hook point, so it doesn't take up valuable space meant for other amenities. The board should be able to:

1. Provide guild leaders (I'm thinking leader and co-leader only) with an area for information they'd like to convey to all members, much like the Daily Message does, only with more room for longer and/or multiple messages.

2. Have a calender for scheduling guild raids and events. A two week view should be sufficient. This should be usable by all and editable by the officers.

3. Have an area for guild members to list items they may have in their inventory that they would like other guild members to benefit from. Not an onboard auction house, but more of a trading post. Again, usable by all, editable by officers.

Allow me to attempt to head off suggestions that an external Guild website can do all this. I know it can, but for some guilds, they are not a good solution.

What say you?

Silverwren
01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Not one comment?...................from anyone?????? :eek:

Sheesh. You've had all weekend to think about it. :rolleyes:

jortann
01-23-2012, 12:38 PM
/signed
/signed
/signed

Definately #2

This is a great idea. Please Devs, get it done!

JOTMON
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
/signed.

The MoTD is usally crammed with short messages but is really limited to what it can convey.

Would love to see Calendar sign up boards for quest/raid nights.
General information section for misc stuff.

nomaddog
01-23-2012, 12:47 PM
This is a fantastic idea. Would make guild communication infinitely easier then trying to direct people to an outside webpage or even to the guild's myDDO page (clunky navigation at it's best). As the officer responsible for maintaining guildship amenities, I wholeheartedly /sign this thread.

sebastianosmith
01-23-2012, 12:51 PM
OK, I know I've brought it up before, but I'm required by law to bring it up at least twice per year, or once every update, whichever is greater. It's part of my probation. ;)

I do so look forward to your semi-annual posts about this suggestion. ;)

Oh, and /signed (again) as a useful idea.

FranOhmsford
01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Must have missed the last coupla times you posted this suggestion - Great idea.

/Signed

Come on Devs.

BurnerD
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
its was, is, and always will be a great idea....

/signed

theodin
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
/signed

Kil

donfilibuster
01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
/signed

Even a text box separate from the MotD would be highly highly useful.
It could be a sub tab in the guild tab of the social panel.
(next to the members and renown tabs)

For the calendar it'd be nice to sort guild messages in-game rather than myddo.
(and in an ideal world you could have both linked but don't see it happening with wordpress)

Roderickus
01-23-2012, 06:22 PM
A simple way to better communicate with your members in-game rather than having check forum and whatnot.

/signed

Plus it's simply cool :)

ssgcmwatson
01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
/signed

We shared some files on GoogleDocs, but much nicer if it were done in-game.

Galeria
01-24-2012, 09:58 PM
/signed again

Guilds need better communication tools.

azrael4h
01-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Agreed. I didn't realize just how annoying it is (and we DO have a message board for my guild) to try and set up messages for different people until earlier this week. After reading the unholy mess that was acronym hell and trying to figure out what it meant and who it was meant for, I came to the same conclusion as the OP. We need an effective way to communicate in game with guildies who are not on.

DogMania
01-25-2012, 07:29 AM
I posted a thread a while back asking if the mail could be updated so that you could just send a mail to all guild members (Simple thing to do)

Silverwren
01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I posted a thread a while back asking if the mail could be updated so that you could just send a mail to all guild members (Simple thing to do)

That's a different thing, but also needed. To add to it, mail should be more like..........well, email. Reply, send to different members, attach multiple items, etc. etc.

Good idea. Bring it up again in another post.

Balrogskin
02-12-2012, 09:12 AM
I myself would like the option as an officer to be able to send "Guild Mail". In this way when you have a message that needs to be sent to everyone, knowing half ignore the Motd, you can be sure they all get it. The Op's idea isnt bad either but that seems much more involved than just a simple Guild Mail system would be.

Uska
02-12-2012, 09:14 AM
meh why not and a maybe to the guild officer mail thing as well

Silverwren
02-13-2012, 07:45 AM
The Op's idea isnt bad either but that seems much more involved than just a simple Guild Mail system would be.

Yup, that was what I intended. I was suggesting a system that would allow guild members to interact more with each other as well as convey MUCH more information from leaders to members. To do this it would necessarily have to be "much more involved than just a simple Guild Mail system would be."

Upgrading the mail system, while a good idea, is not within the scope of my suggestion.

redspecter23
02-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm always in favor of keeping people in game whenever possible, instead of swapping to other screens like websites. It just makes things feel a bit cleaner.

The message of the day is good for maybe one or two very short messages at most. We need a way to relay more info to all guild members at their convenience. I'm all in favor of a guild ship message board, but ONLY if you can buy the amenity with PP as well as TP. DDO Store exclusives cause me unmentionable rage.

As an alternative, give players another tab in the social panel that basically serves this purpose. A guild ship message board sounds great in theory, but for people that aren't on the ship much, they will still just look to outside sources for their info.

Silverwren
02-13-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm all in favor of a guild ship message board, but ONLY if you can buy the amenity with PP as well as TP. DDO Store exclusives cause me unmentionable rage.

Oh definitely. I had intended it to be an airship amenity just like any other, purchasable by turning on the hookpoints on-board. The only difference would be that the hookpoint would be reserved for the bulletin board and nothing else. That way if your guild uses an external guild website then you don't need to place the bulletin board, but you also don't get the benefit of an extra hookpoint.

Grandesa
02-13-2012, 10:38 AM
/signed

Great Idea