PDA

View Full Version : DDO Store XP pots are fraudulent

Desdemonte
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I bought 2x25 stacks of 10% (Lesser) XP elixirs. My buff bar is showing it as "Minor" XP boost of 5%. Bug Report submitted.

Come on Turbine! This is real money here. It's very annoying, as I feel I am being stolen from, but I am also levelling a TR and don't want to use any more pots and waste them. I'm afraid to chug my 20 and 30% ones!

Anybody else getting this bug?

Fejj
01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I have been known to be wrong, BUT

If I recall, it was a graphical bug only, and the pot gives you the full 10%.

Checking the math should confirm this easily enough.

Mat59765
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
i was running a 5% boost from the challenges went in to a prettty decent xp farm and decided to use one of my 10%s and that just extended my 5% timer i bought a pack of 5 so its not just the 25 pack thats working wrong

Chauncey1
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
I bought 2x25 stacks of 10% (Lesser) XP elixirs. My buff bar is showing it as "Minor" XP boost of 5%. Bug Report submitted.

Come on Turbine! This is real money here. It's very annoying, as I feel I am being stolen from, but I am also levelling a TR and don't want to use any more pots and waste them. I'm afraid to chug my 20 and 30% ones!

Anybody else getting this bug?

I haven't noticed anything with the xp pots, but there was a couple of times my gem of fortune icon would change from a huge GoF to medium. But that seems to have been corrected.
I will pay closer attention the xp pots though

Pentastic
01-18-2012, 12:00 PM
I have known a number of people that have had this happen to them at this time. All of them have had it bug reported. One of the responses indicated that the purchaser must have made an error and purchased a 5% pot....when it was pointed out that you can not purchase 5% pots the ticket was still closed. No refund has been ever given to these individuals as far as I know.
Perhaps with more people reporting it someday you will all get a bonus xp pot or something.

My2Cents
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
In the past whenever I had any issues with the Turbine Store, I called Turbine voice support and they were able to help me.

Jaid314
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
last time this was tested, the exp people were gaining turned out to be the amount they were supposed to gain.

go run a quest, check the base exp, add 10% of that value to what the quest screen says you should get (15% if using a voice/mantle as well) and see if that matches what you earn.

Elements
01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes Ive had the same issue I posted about this on Sarlona server. I contacted a GM was told to contact Turbine Support they told me to report the bug. Sent the bug report in with screen shots Turbine just closed tickets. Customer support sent me a reply after I first reported it but then never answered any other Email. You werent the first to get #$%^ed wont be the last.

I cant tell you this from experience wait till the 5% runs out then you can drink 20 or 30 % pots and they work properly. All those 10% show 5%. Personally Im pretty sure its not a display bug never sat down to do the math but w ship buffs and voice sure didnt seem like 19%. More like 14%, but again I never sat around and did the math, nor did Turbine confirm in any of my emails, conversations tell me it was a display bug they were aware of.

Cauthey
01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
You might gain better traction with this thread over in the DDO Store Feedback section.

Arnhelm
01-18-2012, 12:46 PM
You might gain better traction with this thread over in the DDO Store Feedback section.
Agreed. :)

Backley
01-18-2012, 01:15 PM
A friend in chat says, "math has proven that the exp pot gives 10% still. it just claims 5%"

But:

i was running a 5% boost from the challenges went in to a prettty decent xp farm and decided to use one of my 10%s and that just extended my 5% timer i bought a pack of 5 so its not just the 25 pack thats working wrong
Perhaps they both actually give 10%?

Melchon
01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
A friend in chat says, "math has proven that the exp pot gives 10% still. it just claims 5%"

But:

Perhaps the both actually give 10%?

Yes they do.

HernandoCortez
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I have known a number of people that have had this happen to them at this time. All of them have had it bug reported. One of the responses indicated that the purchaser must have made an error and purchased a 5% pot....when it was pointed out that you can not purchase 5% pots the ticket was still closed. No refund has been ever given to these individuals as far as I know.
Perhaps with more people reporting it someday you will all get a bonus xp pot or something.

Well I'm not a Turbine fanboi and I'm known for pointing out their mistakes. But talking about RL money, I can't complain. The only issue I've had was with a purchase of gems of fortune but I've opened a ticket and they fixed the problem and if I'm not wrong they even gave me some extra gems.

Kits
01-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Perhaps they both actually give 10%?

QFT

Graphical bug on the store pots, the challenge pots are the bugged ones, as they say 5%, but give 10%.