PDA

View Full Version : Shorten the divine might activation time

grodon9999
01-11-2012, 09:03 AM
TRing one of my toons as a pally now and finally got to experience that stupid-long activation time for divine might. That is absurdly long and needs to go, shorten it so it takes as long to activate as a haste boost or any other kind of boost.

CheeseMilk
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, it should use the same animation as Divine Favor.

At least it doesn't slow down your run speed while you're activating it, though.

Templarion
01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Agreed.

Also, how about making it: 1 use / rest & triple the duration?

voodoogroves
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Agreed.

Nah, it feeds off of turn attempts. My current pally TR is a former cleric and part of my choice was based on that mechanic.

Ralmeth
01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
/Agreed. Yes, please.

Divine Might and Divine Righteousness should have their casting times reduced to that of Divine Favor & Zeal. It's really annoying that both of these take such a long time to cast.

Sidewaysgts86
01-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Agreed.

/not signed for this. My paladin is built as a high base-charisma paladin simply for the benefits of divine might. In standard gear he gets about 12 turn undead attempts- Thats 12 minutes of this buff. Ill take that any day of the week over a single 3-minute use.

As for the topic at-hand, I'm indifferent on it. My main(s) for the past year have pretty much exclusively been paladins, I've just simply learned to work around the cast time. As someone pointed out, it doesnt effect run speed- a huge advantage over any other spell we cant cast. I simply cast it while running to a fight/between a fight. Very rarely does it actually run out mid-fight, as few fights last more than a minute. The ones that do I find to be no big deal, the 2-second cast time is offset by the 60 seconds my paladin gets of +8 sacred damage.

So again, ill freely admit it WOULD Be "nice" if it did fast quickly, i just dont know how much I care because i dont usually let it effect me. Cast it running to the fights, not in the fights.

sephiroth1084
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Absolutely needs to be shortened.

Not so true for DM III and IV, but DM I at least, and maybe II, result in lower DPS total than if you hadn't bothered, due to the damage lost from not swinging during the activation time.

Sidewaysgts86
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Is it? What the average number of Swings-Per-Second?

Carpone
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
TRing one of my toons as a pally now and finally got to experience that stupid-long activation time for divine might. That is absurdly long and needs to go, shorten it so it takes as long to activate as a haste boost or any other kind of boost.
100% agree. Make it so!