PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Crypt and Shadow Crypt

HunterjWizzard
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I've done all four of the Shadow quests and talked to The Herald, but he won't give me the quest for the Shadow Crypt. How am I supposed to get these quests? I haven't done all four of the Heart dungeons, there's one that takes four people because of pressure plates.

ArcaneMelee
01-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Did you retake the flagging quests after getting your rewards?

HunterjWizzard
01-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Did you retake the flagging quests after getting your rewards?

Yes. Is that the problem?

MRMechMan
01-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Yes. Is that the problem?

Yep. You need to have all 4 quests completed and not "In progress" so if you retake them you need to redo them to get flagged for bloody/shadow crypt.

You only need to do the necro1 quests for bloody and necro2 quests for shadow, but if you retake any while flagging, head back in and do it again...

It's stupid.

HunterjWizzard
01-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Well that actually makes sense but it'd be nice if that information was litterally ANYWHERE on the net. Its not on the wiki, not on the compendium, is driving me nuts!

Thanks for the help, I'll go back and re-run 'em.

Sleepsalot
01-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Also most of those quest can be done with 2 people and 2 hirelings. Just may take a min to get the hireling on the Plates. After that just hit the stay Icon. once you open the gate you can call them to you. And bloody crypt is not so bad can you can just about solo it.. Shadow crypt is a bit harder with all the swimming. The 3rd set of quest in the necro chain are some what a good Challenge.

Sleeps :D :) :D

Shadow7375
01-11-2012, 12:47 AM
I had to do the Burning Heart quest (the one with the pressure plates) yesterday myself and used 3 hirelings cause nobody was around to run it with me. So you can do it by yourself, unfortunately you'll need to grab two gold seal hirelings from the store plus a regular one.

Gizeh
01-11-2012, 01:09 AM
I had to do the Burning Heart quest (the one with the pressure plates) yesterday myself and used 3 hirelings cause nobody was around to run it with me. So you can do it by yourself, unfortunately you'll need to grab two gold seal hirelings from the store plus a regular one.

Actually you can solo Tomb of the Burning Heart with just one hireling: enter the quest, set the hireling to passive, and move him onto one of the plates (by calling him to you and setting him to stay and passive once he's there).

Then, get the aggro of the mobs in that room and run over to the other room; they'll follow you and the new mobs from room 2 will join the fun.

The next part is a bit tricky: you have to kill mobs so that when they die they end up on the pressure plates. Do that once for each plate in that room. Warning: this may take some practice and also some luck.

If you succeed, run back to the room where your hireling waits and activate the 4th plate.

This works because the bodies of the mobs stay on the ground for some time (15-20 seconds?) and thus occupy the plates.

I have successfully solo'd Burning Heart at level with a rogue, with a cleric and with a wizard.

Generally though running with a group is more fun :)

Malky
01-11-2012, 02:08 AM
(...) bloody crypt is not so bad can you can just about solo it.. Shadow crypt is a bit harder with all the swimming.

Eeeeh well while bloody crypt is soloable, being in a group of at least 4 people that can solo a part does cut the run time by about... 4 ;)
Shadow crypt can be soloed much easier actually : with optional chest i'm running it in about 10 min on an arcane/divine and 12-15 min on a melee depending on the build. If i'm going straight for completion remove 2 min from those times. (Tip: for the swim part, use the 'target next interactable' key to spot the chest location)

Actually you can solo Tomb of the Burning Heart with just one hireling: enter the quest, set the hireling to passive, and move him onto one of the plates (by calling him to you and setting him to stay and passive once he's there).

Then, get the aggro of the mobs in that room and run over to the other room; they'll follow you and the new mobs from room 2 will join the fun.

The next part is a bit tricky: you have to kill mobs so that when they die they end up on the pressure plates. Do that once for each plate in that room. Warning: this may take some practice and also some luck.

If you succeed, run back to the room where your hireling waits and activate the 4th plate.

This works because the bodies of the mobs stay on the ground for some time (15-20 seconds?) and thus occupy the plates.

I have successfully solo'd Burning Heart at level with a rogue, with a cleric and with a wizard.

Generally though running with a group is more fun :)

+1, very interesting method i'll try next TR

Sleepsalot
01-11-2012, 02:35 AM
True always having more people is better.. And Thanks for the tip about the target next Key. I tend to forget about it. I do know Shadow Crypt is very good XP.

Thanks
Sleeps :D :) :D

Eeeeh well while bloody crypt is soloable, being in a group of at least 4 people that can solo a part does cut the run time by about... 4 ;)
Shadow crypt can be soloed much easier actually : with optional chest i'm running it in about 10 min on an arcane/divine and 12-15 min on a melee depending on the build. If i'm going straight for completion remove 2 min from those times. (Tip: for the swim part, use the 'target next interactable' key to spot the chest location)

+1, very interesting method i'll try next TR

CheeseMilk
01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I really wish they'd fix the flagging mechanic on these quests.

somenewnoob
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I really wish they'd fix the flagging mechanic on these quests.

Aye. Just make it like Necro 3 when you can run the last quest anytime you want after you are flagged once, and if you retake one of the flagging quests it shouldn't screw up being flagged.

It's just dumb.

sweez
01-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Aye. Just make it like Necro 3 when you can run the last quest anytime you want after you are flagged once, and if you retake one of the flagging quests it shouldn't screw up being flagged.

It's just dumb.

This.

HalfORCastrator
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Theoretically, you can earn the Medallion, Pendant and Talisman after running the Cursed Crypt three times.
This is more about the Silver Flame necklace. Does this mean I can run the lvl11 Tomb quests for 3 of those Scarabs and just make all tiers there?

Kits
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
The cursed crypt alter can indeed put tiers 1, 2, and 3 on your necklace, if you want to run it 3 times.

CheeseMilk
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
You don't need the scarabs to upgrade the necklace.

You just need to have it in your inventory, and click the altar at the end of whichever Crypt quest you're doing.

Bloody --> t1
Shadow --> t1, t2
Cursed --> t1, t2, t3
Abbot Raid -->t1,t2,t3 and t4 (turns it into a gem again, which you can trade in for items. most people leave it at t3)

Each altar will upgrade it once, so you could run Cursed crypt 3 times to get it to t3.

The scarabs get combined into scarab powder and traded in to another guy in the necro for items.

HalfORCastrator
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
You don't need the scarabs to upgrade the necklace.

You just need to have it in your inventory, and click the altar at the end of whichever Crypt quest you're doing.

Bloody --> t1
Shadow --> t1, t2
Cursed --> t1, t2, t3
Abbot Raid -->t1,t2,t3 and t4 (turns it into a gem again, which you can trade in for items. most people leave it at t3)

Each altar will upgrade it once, so you could run Cursed crypt 3 times to get it to t3.
Thank you! Didn't know that, was thinking I had to grind out all four/twelve quests before finishing the damn necklace! So I just need to have the first four quests finished, of whatever necro version, and do the fifth to get to its altar to upgrade the necklace? Do I need to have them all actively completed or can they be reset/abandoned? (Like flagging, do the quests and then you can always just do the raid?)

EDIT:
Then what are the Scarabs for?

CheeseMilk
01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
You would have to do the four quests, turn in your end reward for each, then NOT take the quest again, then you can access the crypt quest once.

To repeat the crypt quest, you'd have to either do all four and turn in again, or get someone else who has done all four to open it for you.

You don't have to have finished any of the lower-level quests to do the higher ones (ie you can do the Shadow Crypt or Cursed Crypt chain without doing the Bloody Crypt)

The scarabs are combined (five per Necro chain) in the stone of change to make scarab powder, which can then be turned in to another guy in Lower Necro and traded for various items. I can't think of any of them that are terribly useful, but you might find something that strikes your fancy. There is a different set of items for each of the three chains.