PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on PFE, Auctions, etc.

Barium
01-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Let me start off by saying that I've been playing the game since 10 was level cap and am very rarely observed in the forums unless it is to poke around during downtimes. So I'm not totally sure where this should be posted.

Protection From Evil (spell, ship buff, and item enhancements)- These all are supposed to function as the spell would. That said, the description indicates the prevention of command and greater command by a caster regardless of alignment of said caster. Why does this no longer work? Where are the release notes (RN) describing this newer behavior as working as intended (WAI)? If it is no longer functioning properly, when can we expect a definitive correction?

Auction House Fees (Rakes)- A rake is the fee or compensation "the house" receives for basically nothing more than hosting. It is my feeling we have really outgrown any need for these rakes of 30% or better in the Auctioneer system. With the advent of the "trade channels" we may have outgrown a need for the Auctioneer altogether. I would like to see an elimination of these fees to allow trades to flow more smoothly and reduce the mark-up on items placed on the Auction House listings. Understandably, it is players' greed and lust for currency that created these mark-up prices, but the typical gamer shouldn't be paying the price.

Group Voting System - One thing we have not outgrown is the growing need for good pick up group runs and guild associated questing. With that said, it can and sometimes does become a real need to remove a person or persons from a party after entering a dungeon. It can be very frustrating to, for example end up with a person going afk 2 minutes into a 45 minute quest, "AFK quick, brb" and not return until near completion. A group voting system would allow a player to call for the vote, the vote to take place, and the player to be removed. Furthermore, we have a reputation system within the forums already... a reputation system in-game would be leaps and bounds better. Four to five categories, Great! -Would run w/ them again. Competent -Would Run Again. Mediocre -Might run again. Unsatisfactory -Would never run again.

Victorie
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
As these are all suggestions, I've moved it to the Suggestions & Ideas forum.

The In-Game forum is more for questions about how things currently work.

azrael4h
01-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Auction House Fees (Rakes)- A rake is the fee or compensation "the house" receives for basically nothing more than hosting. It is my feeling we have really outgrown any need for these rakes of 30% or better in the Auctioneer system. With the advent of the "trade channels" we may have outgrown a need for the Auctioneer altogether. I would like to see an elimination of these fees to allow trades to flow more smoothly and reduce the mark-up on items placed on the Auction House listings. Understandably, it is players' greed and lust for currency that created these mark-up prices, but the typical gamer shouldn't be paying the price.

The AH fee is just a means to milk plat out of the system, nothing more. While the fees are just a drop in the bucket compared to how much plat is coming in, that's why they are there. A plat sink.

Group Voting System - One thing we have not outgrown is the growing need for good pick up group runs and guild associated questing. With that said, it can and sometimes does become a real need to remove a person or persons from a party after entering a dungeon. It can be very frustrating to, for example end up with a person going afk 2 minutes into a 45 minute quest, "AFK quick, brb" and not return until near completion. A group voting system would allow a player to call for the vote, the vote to take place, and the player to be removed. Furthermore, we have a reputation system within the forums already... a reputation system in-game would be leaps and bounds better. Four to five categories, Great! -Would run w/ them again. Competent -Would Run Again. Mediocre -Might run again. Unsatisfactory -Would never run again.

Guild forms a raid group, fills spots with pugs. After completion, or just before, they boot the puggers so they don't get any loot.

Kicking people while in-progress in a quest just leads to griefing. It happened before, it happens every time a game tries to allow it. It is a terrible idea no matter how you try to spin it. Just blacklist anyone who pikes and complete anyway. In the few quests that require the party to gather, just reform before getting too far in, and leave them alone.

I would rather they remove the requirements to gather the party before venturing forth from all quests that currently require it.

Psiandron
01-13-2012, 04:51 PM
The AH fee is just a means to milk plat out of the system, nothing more. While the fees are just a drop in the bucket compared to how much plat is coming in, that's why they are there. A plat sink.

Inflation pretty much has to be built into the system, plat sinks are necessary to check that inflation.

Guild forms a raid group, fills spots with pugs. After completion, or just before, they boot the puggers so they don't get any loot.

Kicking people while in-progress in a quest just leads to griefing. It happened before, it happens every time a game tries to allow it. It is a terrible idea no matter how you try to spin it. Just blacklist anyone who pikes and complete anyway. In the few quests that require the party to gather, just reform before getting too far in, and leave them alone.

I would rather they remove the requirements to gather the party before venturing forth from all quests that currently require it.

I wish that this weren't the case, but yeah this.