PDA

View Full Version : get rid of share please

~Quilny
01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Can we please abolish the Share quest.

I hear alot of complaints about it. People getting booted from parties because of it. Also people use it as a crutch I know people who have been playign for years and still dont know where quest givers are at. Very sad.

ArcaneMelee
01-05-2012, 11:44 AM
No thank you - it's very handy when used appropriately.

Introducing yourself as "shr plz" is the problem, not the functionality.

Jaid314
01-05-2012, 11:49 AM
for some quests, sharing is a great thing. like relic of a sovereign past, or tempest spine where the NPC wants to spend 10 minutes telling you to go kill sor'jek but if you have the quest you only need to click once.

it also helps raid leaders test who's on timer, who's flagged, etc.

Sarisa
01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Hound of Xoriat. Take a 10 minute-ish run through two separate explorer areas, with some of the mobs respawning. Only to get there and a couple people forgot to pick up the quest again.

Also concur that it's VERY useful to verify people are flagged and off timer.

Enoach
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
This feature hate is revolved more around the etiquette then the feature itself.

It is a very handy feature that gets abused and misused by the player.

Abuse comes when players just become lazy and don't want to find out where quest givers are located

Misuse comes from that person that suddenly starts spamming every available quest in their log book to everyone in the group. Including all those Korthos quests that were completed years ago.

Why I like the share option

helps speed up getting to questing - Especially for quests where entrance is far away from the quest giver
helps to know if someone is Flagged/Off Timer - no need to ask {wish it would indicate a status to let one know they can't come because they do not have access, as that would have saved me also a few headaches}

=================================
How can we correct these problems?

Education: Some have chosen to educate by using the kick method, others will help by informing you where the quest giver is located, and than others will actually share the quest. There are some quests you never want to accept a share for as they will sometimes bug out the quest and you won't be able to enter.
Request to Turbine to crack down on SPAM sharing maybe, or limit the number of Shares allowed within a time frame, like one per 30 seconds.
Change the Share to not be a popup.
Add user settings to Auto Accept/Decline Quest Shares
Change the Share Option to only be available to the Party Leader

DRAGONSUPERDRAGON
01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
No.

morticianjohn
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I've only seen someone kicked less than 5 times in 2 years of Pugging for a share request. The one time I remember distinctly was a group the LFM was specific in looking for Vets and people experienced with the quest. The only other times I can remember it was

playerA joins party
Party leader: hi welcome
player A: share plz
party leader has removed player A from the party

While I personally don't do kick people for asking (and maybe encourage such behavior) I usually don't mind it when leaders do so in this case because as others have mentioned it shows bad ettiquite rather than the friendly greetings and everything first.

baronlager
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
This really seems unnecessary. I use this with members of my Guild and friends all the time. They don't have the quest so I do a share so we can get going. Also, when grouping, I don't naturally assume someone in a pug has no clue just because they ask for a share. They could have run the quest multiple times already and just forgot to pick it up after their last completion and don't want to hold the rest of the party up.

BurnerD
01-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Leave as is. It is useful for the reasons already noted in this thread.

mws2970
01-05-2012, 01:08 PM
/not signed

fuzzy1guy
01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Nah leave it alone.

"shr plz" is a great way to get rid of problem people before you find out in a quest.

~Quilny
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
/not signed
How can you have your pudding if you dotn eat your meat LOVE IT:D

Ok ok ok you guys got me:(

I agree it is good guess i am just frusterated at people atm

I apologize

Especailly the HOX gettign all the way there and forgetign to pick up quest ya that would stink if you had to go all the way back I agree.

and it can be used to see if people are off timer or nto as a raid lead.

it defanitly has its uses when used correctly.

this was a lame post I am sorry for posting it :(

Forgive me and defanitly forget this post :D well excpet for the How do you expect to get your pudding when you havent eating your meat that is too funny.

somenewnoob
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Somebody on the forums admitted he was wrong? (checks sky for pigs and puts on warm jacket for trip to hell)

:p

WruntJunior
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
/not signed

I use share frequently during my TRing and raiding, as I wind up getting to a quest just to realize I don't have it and want the end reward (such as ghosts of perdition) or can't go in without the quest (in the case of a raid).

As far as kicking for asking for a share, that tends to happen for one of two reasons - your first words on joining being "Shr plz!" or asking for a share to a walk-up quest in a run where you're supposed to know the quest.

ferrite
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
The only thing they need to do, is change it from a pop-up window to a text statement you can click on that shows up in the text box.

That should solve any abuse issues with sharing. Its a 10 minute fix.

kilagan800
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I run madstone crater with a group. The next day a friend of mine wants me to run it with him and when I get there I realize I forgot to pick up the quest again. My friend shares it.

Quetzacoala
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Can we please abolish the Share quest.

I hear alot of complaints about it. People getting booted from parties because of it. Also people use it as a crutch I know people who have been playign for years and still dont know where quest givers are at. Very sad.

Yeah... so when you realize that you forgot to pickup a quest after spending twenty minutes getting to it you would have no problem recalling and picking it up?

Sorry, just see a lot of flaws in this idea.

donfilibuster
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
No.

It is used to let the party know what quest is next, put the markers on the map and get inside asap.
Sure in PUGs you ideally want people that get to the quest on their own but otherwise is not mandatory.

rdasca
01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
OP as you have gone back on your request, I will be nice :p

but just in case someone is reading this thread and says to themself "hey they what the share function removed, let's do it"

/not signed

Inferno346
01-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Abandon + shrplz is pretty much the only way without a dummy account/opener to change the difficulty of a non-walkup that you are windowfarming... so uh, no thank you? Think of the zergers!

Talon_Moonshadow
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
As with many things in this game, it is not the game that is the problem...it is the players. And how they respond to it. :cool:

KillEveryone
01-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't mind it too much but I also don't feel like rooting around looking for the quest, especially if I'm already "in progress." Basically, if you are too lazy to pick up the quest when the giver is right there, I'm too lazy to find the quest to share.

I will share if the giver is a long distance away such as for VoN4 giver and entrance I think is far enough to be annoying to run so I don't mind sharing that but for something like Tear, you can get that one yourself since the giver is RIGHT THERE.

What I really don't like about it is how it can bug out a chain to prevent you from getting a end reward like it can do with Delera's. I don't know what other chains or quests share can mess up but generally, I don't want to have to deal with it messing up my list of shinnies.

It can also mess up your set of quests such as for the Shadow Crypt. If you've just completed the 4 flagging quest and someone joins after you've flagged but they haven't and they decide to be a prick, they could share the 4 flagging quests and mess up your Shadow Crypt flag since taking the 4 flagging quests will reset your flag. All you need is one missclick and you have to redo the 4 flags again without even doing Shadow Crypt.

Talias006
01-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I had thought of adding a comment, but decided it would get turned against me as being possibly mean when just intending to add a sarcastic slant.

So, I'm not going to agree with getting rid of something that is an actual help to many but only a small detriment because of a few bad apples.

protokon
01-05-2012, 07:56 PM
no reason to get rid of it. This wonderful feature allows me to immediately recognize a leecher who couldn't be bothered to read my LFM before clicking on it (usually involves "know the quest").

Problem is not with the game mechanics, but idiots in general. Sharing is still useful when someone forgets to grab the raid after a long run (hox, vod, lob, ma) - or quickly find out if someone is not flagged (tod, reavers fate, cannith raids)

MRH
01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
/not signed

we were all new once....... I would suggest exploring all the area's and talk with all npc's that have chalices on their heads.....

that way you will learn the game/area's/quest givers

share if very usefull at times and if people are booting someone for not having the quest ..... you don't need to run with said ppl.

takes not even 10seconds to hit L then hit share....

http://50cals.99k.org/oe.jpg

Feithlin
01-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Nah leave it alone.

"shr plz" is a great way to get rid of problem people before you find out in a quest.

This. It's better to spot the problem before the guy enters the quest.

gloopygloop
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I love having the ability to share quests.

It lets me find out early if someone is going to be a waste of a party slot (i.e. they open the conversation with "shr plz") AND it lets me give and receive quest shares when it's appropriate AND it lets me find out who is flagged for a raid or on timer for a raid before we all try to step in.

Templarion
01-06-2012, 01:15 AM
How about function that auto-shares the quest to a person who joins LFM with the quest? Everyone gets the quest and no need to ask for it. Faster, easier - better!

Denegrator
01-06-2012, 02:45 AM
No thank you - it's very handy when used appropriately.

Introducing yourself as "shr plz" is the problem, not the functionality.

What he said.

It's amazing to think how many people are called shr plz, just like that mystery woman who never shows her face, but always appears in your xp sheet, Ms Adventure.

Uska
01-06-2012, 04:57 AM
While some shares are annoying I see zero need to get rid of it.

Postumus
01-06-2012, 05:01 AM
OP, you didn't like everyone disagreeing with you in the "I got teh boot" thread, so you started another one with the same topic so even more people could disagree with you?

Tolastun
01-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I see both sides of it, i have had a PuG Grief the party while we are trying to get our loot from the end chest by giving out 50 shares of quest levels from 1-10 (he got kicked the minute he left the dungeon btw) but on the other hand it can be a useful tool as well if you forget to pick up the quest. there needs to be something to prevent the misuse of the feature because the feature is useful in the spirit it was given.

Talias006
01-07-2012, 02:22 AM
The problem side I see is that there's no cure for insipid moronic behavior.
Some people just like to spike every one else's Kool-Aid.

And that's sad. For us, and for that being their one brief moment in the spotlight.

Sure, they got a lot of attention, but in the wrong way.
And if they looked for it in a more positive manner, it could very easily have been gained with less frustrated and annoyed party members.

Which I'm not entirely sure they would know how to do that.

Hendrik
01-07-2012, 10:56 AM
this feature hate is revolved more around the etiquette then the feature itself.

qft

Denegrator
01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
The problem side I see is that there's no cure for insipid moronic behavior.
Some people just like to spike every one else's Kool-Aid.

And that's sad. For us, and for that being their one brief moment in the spotlight.

Sure, they got a lot of attention, but in the wrong way.
And if they looked for it in a more positive manner, it could very easily have been gained with less frustrated and annoyed party members.

Which I'm not entirely sure they would know how to do that.

Shr plz. :p

Talias006
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Shr plz. :p

LOL, thanks for the brevity and humor I've been deprived of today at work.
Truly, thank you. :D

~Quilny
01-08-2012, 08:44 AM
OP, you didn't like everyone disagreeing with you in the "I got teh boot" thread, so you started another one with the same topic so even more people could disagree with you?

1st of all sir/madam troll this is a completely different post than the other one.
this one is about voting to get rid of a system that I no longer feel needs to be abolished. the thread you are talking about was about a guy who got kicked from Joining a party and sayign share as soon as he entered group.

2nd I already admitted This post was lame and i regreted making it. I also said i made it out of frusteration with people like you :'(. There are good things with the sharign system that are listed already on this thread if you would bother reading it instead of just following somebody around trollin them :'(.