PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the forums.

whitehawk74
01-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Why is it all such a pain in the arse to use the forums now?
I remember before the hack scare it was quite nice to log in and move about.
Now it's painful.

Will the forums return to the nice way it used to be?

Quarterling
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
/signed

I always get the "log-in" screen twice, and I can't make the forums remember me to keep me logged in. Also, it returns me to the main page rather to where I originally was (replying to your post).

Pape_27
01-04-2012, 09:57 AM
/signed

I always get the "log-in" screen twice, and I can't make the forums remember me to keep me logged in. Also, it returns me to the main page rather to where I originally was (replying to your post).

Look at the top menu bar of the forums, select My DDO.

Log in on the My DDO page and make sure you select the "remember me" option next to the password box. If you do this, then you should remained logged in.

whitehawk74
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
okay that worked.
I had to log out of MyDDO and back in but it seems to work.
Still a pain tho.
A multi billion dollar company, and its using advertising banners too.. really?

Quarterling
01-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Look at the top menu bar of the forums, select My DDO.

Log in on the My DDO page and make sure you select the "remember me" option next to the password box. If you do this, then you should remained logged in.

Oh hey, thanks for sharing that nice bit of information! :D +1

Meetch1972
01-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Here's a suggestion about the suggestion. Add something to the login screen to tell people how to login via myddo instead of expecting people to find posts like the ones above...

Memnir
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
The fact that there is a workaround (and one discovered and propagated by players, to boot) is not an excuse for why the forums have been in disrepair for as long as they have been.

I honestly have to wonder just what is accomplished at Turbine HQ on a day-to-day basis - and where can I get a job where so much is left either unfinished or just undone and be able to keep said job.

GoRinNoSho
01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Heh, the issue is the system auto logs out people typing up the need to fix the issue. When their ideas/requests go to the bit bucket they simply don't post instead of retreading their thoughts.

Nice way of generating only shoot from the hip posts and less thought out posts.

Talias006
01-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Don't shoot from the hip, it can cause serious stress on your limbs, especially if you use a shotgun.

Also, more to the point you were trying to get at...
As has been mentioned, go to the MyDDO tab and log in from there, clicking the "remember me" box, and you'll not soon* have to re-log your forum account.

*Not soon meaning when you clear cookies.