PDA

View Full Version : New Artificer Spell

Osma77
01-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Rebuild (or Spark of Life):
Lv 6 spell
Class: Artificer
Description: This spell focuses the reconstructive power of a master artificer to rebuild a broken mechanical construct. Any construct, partial construct (construct essence), or warforged who is targeted by this spell will be returned to life with 10% of their max hp.
Flavor text: We can rebuild them, we have the technology.

[Basicly, this acts as a raise dead for artys. It is much more restrictive (being robots/arty only) and is a higher level spell then raise dead, but it is an option for a cheap, effective method of ressurection. Yes, artis can raise dead easily with scrolls, but this is cheaper, costing only a bit of mana (which many arty use primarly for buffs)]

Alternitivly, especially with the name spark of life, this spell could be used as a universial raise dead (simply a more expensive artificer only version.) It would basicly use their knowledge of electricity to restart the heart, either bringing them back to life with 10%, or maybe only 1 hp (bringing them back from the brink of death, but not fixing their wounds.)

SiliconScout
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Not that I think Arti's really need this (it's really walking all over the Cleric now too), were it to be allowed on a non-WF then I would say it brings you to -9 but stabilized.

You can then get healed and back up if wanted. Heck to be honest it should probably do the same for WF and puppies as well.

Such755
01-03-2012, 06:31 PM
If you want that spell to be made then make warforged ress-able only by artificers. Otherwise we don't need more means of raising dead people, even if it's just one race.
/not signed, sorry.

Osma77
01-03-2012, 09:28 PM
If you want that spell to be made then make warforged ress-able only by artificers. Otherwise we don't need more means of raising dead people, even if it's just one race.
/not signed, sorry.

Hey, i understand, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This whole concept was formed from the idea that flavor wise (master crafters and repairers) it would make logical sense for them to either rebuild mechanical beings, or to use their lightning abilities to shock someone back to life.

Not that I think Arti's really need this (it's really walking all over the Cleric now too), were it to be allowed on a non-WF then I would say it brings you to -9 but stabilized.

That is reasonable in my book, although it seems a bit harsh that a spell that is higher level then Raise Dead would still be weak enough that the person would be raised without enough health to even quaff a cure light pot. If the world were perfect, then i would perfer it to be at 1hp (or at least at 0 hp and stabilized, so there is a chance in hell that they could get up soonish)

That being said, you do have a point. A person who's heart is restarted with an electrical shock isn't exactly in good shape and walking around. Also, this restriction would almost require it to be cast outside of battle, which flavor-wise is reasonable restriction, this being a spell designed to restart/rebuild someone who is non-functioning.

Calebro
01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Artificers hold no power over life and death other than UMD. Power over life and death is the purview of divine casters, which an Artificer is not.

Gizeh
01-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Artificers haveumd as class skill, and they are the only class that can take enhancements to boost that skill. It should be easy for any arti who wants to raise dead to just buy the scroll and use it :)