PDA

View Full Version : Make Greensteel, dragontouched & other crafted equipment unsellable

darkniteyogi
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I know there's an option to lock it, but there are some times when you forget to lock it like when you have just crafted a blank and can't use it yet. Although it is a very stupid thing to do to sell GS or DT or (other?) equipment accidentally, it happens.

I.e. You've just crafted and you're invited to join a Shroud and you have no time to double check/organize your stuff, then before Shroud pt 4 you have to sell your loot to the ferryman coz you're out of space.. or you're so sleepy and just wanna crash, then the next logon, you're invited to join a group and you have no time to double check.

dredre9987
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
There is a lock button for a reason sadly. Inventory management is a huge part of this game.

/not signed

sweez
12-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Use the buyback function.

nibel
12-31-2011, 07:34 PM
(...)then before Shroud pt 4 you have to sell your loot to the ferryman coz you're out of space..

Now I know why someone would talk to that thief that overprice everything, and underpay any sell.

Talias006
12-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Step One: Go to sleep instead of drowsily running Shroud.
Step Two: Run Shroud after you've been to sleep.

It really is a two step process to avoid some/most problems.
Others require more steps, such as...

Step Three: Manage Inventory (this includes minor things like Locking items you don't want to accidentally sell)
Step Four: Actually look at what you're putting in the sell to vendor.

In plainer terms: Not /signed.

EvilI
12-31-2011, 10:26 PM
I know there's an option to lock it, but there are some times when you forget to lock it like when you have just crafted a blank and can't use it yet. Although it is a very stupid thing to do to sell GS or DT or (other?) equipment accidentally, it happens.

I.e. You've just crafted and you're invited to join a Shroud and you have no time to double check/organize your stuff, then before Shroud pt 4 you have to sell your loot to the ferryman coz you're out of space.. or you're so sleepy and just wanna crash, then the next logon, you're invited to join a group and you have no time to double check.

Most of the forumites seem to work under the concept that no manufacturer should ever take any steps to prevent mishaps for the end users of their product, and that any such mishaps are strictly on a "You have yourself to blame and this is not my problem" level. An extention of that philosohy might be to never support seat belt legislation. Of course you are right OP, and /signed.

Flavilandile
01-01-2012, 02:34 AM
/Not signed.

There's the lock button for that, the buyback option for the eventual fumble in sales management.

There's an thing that needs to be pointed too : unsellable things cannot be sold, just destroyed.
While Plat is worthless, it's better to be able to sell those items ( Yeah I know... ) for the plat they are worth than having to destroy them.

Inventory management is really one of the main thing in DDO.

MRMechMan
01-01-2012, 02:47 AM
/Not signed.

There's the lock button for that, the buyback option for the eventual fumble in sales management.

There's an thing that needs to be pointed too : unsellable things cannot be sold, just destroyed.
While Plat is worthless, it's better to be able to sell those items ( Yeah I know... ) for the plat they are worth than having to destroy them.

Inventory management is really one of the main thing in DDO.

While I would say it is worthless to sell greensteel blanks and dragontouched as a way to make plat, saying plat itself is worthless is just silly.

You can't get everything with plat, but there is a lot you CAN.

I see no change needed with the current system OP. There are several systems in place to prevent this happening, you really only have yourself to blame when something goes wrong.

~Chauncy
01-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Don't need the nanny state, take care of your own stuff.
I've done my share of screw-ups, and it teaches me not to do it again.

Carpone
01-01-2012, 09:23 AM
There's plenty of stuff in the game that's marked as "do not sell to merchants". Don't see why Green Steel, DT, etc shouldn't have it as well. Preventing the sale of those items far outweighs the scenerios where selling them is desired.

avery61
01-01-2012, 09:43 AM
/not signed

Selling/buying blank greensteels on the AH is a nice for when you accidently craft the wrong blank.

gloopygloop
01-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Since you can get things back with the Buyback tab, /notsigned.

But I am VERY happy that you cannot put named loot, Greensteel and Alchemical weapons in the Cannith crafting altars, though. I'm also glad that you cannot feed those weapons to the Shroud altars to charge your energy cells.

Syllph
01-01-2012, 10:07 AM
/not signed

I've never been in such a rush that i forgot to lock a rare/expensive item. if you're that rushed to get into shroud perhaps you need to re-think somethings. It literally takes 2 sec and one click. While people are portal beating lock it. While people are shrining at the first shrine lock it. While they are collecting the mobs in part 2 lock it. While they are shrining in part 2 lock it. While they....

There are countless times when you have more than a sec to click lock. don't waste any more developer time when there are things that are actually not working correctly please.

Drekisen
01-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Just play one character instead of 10+....makes inventory really easy to deal with :D

Urist
01-01-2012, 11:26 AM
If you disagree with the suggestion, I ask you why you think selling greensteel is a useful feature to have in the game?

I would be very surprised if any character who has played enough to have upgraded greensteel items would be having any kind of plat issues (except maybe having too much).

And when you answer, bear in mind that deconstruction of greensteel has been stated as being worked on...

Selling/buying blank greensteels on the AH is a nice for when you accidently craft the wrong blank.
You're assuming that the ability to sell something on the AH and selling it vendors are intimately intertwined. Perhaps; perhaps not.
You're also assuming that greensteel blanks need to be treated the same as upgraded greensteel items, which is patently false.

Havok.cry
01-01-2012, 11:40 AM
This would just be a way to blame turbine for your own screwups. They have enough that is their problem, they don't need your problems too. There are already ways to prevent and fix that issue, that you can take. Lock button and buyback tab. Use em, love em.

/not signed

Vellrad
01-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry, didn't red responses, too lazy and hangover etc, but my 2cp:

I once sold my tier 2 GS by mistake. It wasn't locked because you can't upgrade locked items.
I think making them unsellable is not a bad idea, because noone vendors them at their own will, only by mistake, or I would like to have lock reversed to its previous effect- can't get rid of item (sell/destroy) can craft/upgrade.

gloopygloop
01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
If you disagree with the suggestion, I ask you why you think selling greensteel is a useful feature to have in the game?

I don't want my handwraps broken again and I'm pretty sure that if they made Greensteel un-sellable, that would somehow break handwraps.

1) You're assuming that the ability to sell something on the AH and selling it vendors are intimately intertwined. Perhaps; perhaps not.
2) You're also assuming that greensteel blanks need to be treated the same as upgraded greensteel items, which is patently false.

You are probably correct about 1, but there's a significant chance that messing with vendoring will also mess with putting GS on the AH even if no one expects it to do so.

As for 2, Greensteel blanks probably do need to be treated the same as upgraded greensteel items just like Tier 1, 2 and 3 Cove items are.

dredre9987
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the neg rep for saying things everyone else in this thread has said..I'll treasure it greatly

darkniteyogi
01-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Step One: Go to sleep instead of drowsily running Shroud.
Step Two: Run Shroud after you've been to sleep.

It really is a two step process to avoid some/most problems.
Others require more steps, such as...

Step Three: Manage Inventory (this includes minor things like Locking items you don't want to accidentally sell)
Step Four: Actually look at what you're putting in the sell to vendor.

In plainer terms: Not /signed.

I never stated that i drowsily run Shroud. You're obviously just trying to make me look stupid in your post. Thanks.

Talias006
01-02-2012, 08:52 AM
It was not my intent to make you appear stupid.

If you have time to run Shroud, you have an easy couple days between runs that you could check inventory and try to prevent accidental selling of important items.

If the GS item was just made, even if it's just going to be put it in shared bank, the first thing to do is lock it.

Even if you want to sell it via AH or whatever, lock it first.

Falco_Easts
01-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Most of the forumites seem to work under the concept that no manufacturer should ever take any steps to prevent mishaps for the end users of their product, and that any such mishaps are strictly on a "You have yourself to blame and this is not my problem" level. An extention of that philosohy might be to never support seat belt legislation. Of course you are right OP, and /signed.

You are perfectly correct. Not a day goes by where there aren't people complaining on these forums about the dev time wasted on the buy back feature or lock feature to rectify/prevent these sort of situations. Another option needs to be added to nullify the time spent on the first two by stopping the selling of these items altogether.