PDA

View Full Version : Let Sleeping Dust Lie - Extra Chest

NytCrawlr
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
So, the chest that spawns with zero spiders being killed within this quest seems like one most do not try for. I have ran this quest quite a bit and remember only actually ever trying for it once, but due to mistakes made here and there have never obtained it in the parties I have ran this quest with.

My suggestion, in theme with the Shroud end reward and the like, is to have said extra chest have the same drops as the end mat chest. This way, those that want to try for it and succeed will have an extra shot at a Locust Husk, Chipmunk Funk and Shavarath Stone of Strategy when they succeed in not killing any spiders throughout the entire quest.

I know this would be enough incentive for me to try for it more, and I am sure I am not the only one.

Darknark
12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
So, the chest that spawns with zero spiders being killed within this quest seems like one most do not try for.

There is also a chest that spawns for killing all Ogre Magi in the quest.

avery61
12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Yep, three chests total. Not really that difficult to do. Occasionally We'll pop a spider but more often than not all the spiders live and we get bonus loot.

Talias006
12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Funny, I've only ever had spiders die on 2 runs of that quest.

1st time it was me running the quest with a healer hireling and not knowing better. :o

Number 2 was in a group where there was an accident involving vorpal weapons that were not mine. :rolleyes: :D

Jaid314
12-28-2011, 10:20 PM
i've done it with my earth savant. easy as can be when you can nuke everything and the spiders are immune to all the damage :)

Aashrym
12-28-2011, 11:46 PM
i've done it with my earth savant. easy as can be when you can nuke everything and the spiders are immune to all the damage :)

I ran that with a group who didn't know that recently. Full group with TR's and apparently the acid immunity was not common knowledge. One of them flipped on my acid rain yelling, 'NO AOE'S!!!'

Maybe with some ones and elevens after it.

MRMechMan
12-29-2011, 12:12 AM
If you kill spiders before getting first journal can you still get the chest?

I usually butcher them by the dozen then grab journal1, not kill any after that, and end with zero spiders dead in quest goal panel...havent seen the extra chest in a while.

Guessing its cause I nuke with abandon in the early stages just to go faster.

ArcaneMelee
12-29-2011, 12:55 AM
If you kill spiders before getting first journal can you still get the chest?

Nope, the chest with the spider next to it only appears if 0 spiders are killed in the quest. While you are not "penalized" with regards to quest completion until AFTER you are informed that the spiders are not the real threat, the spiders get grumpy with you with the first kill.

MRMechMan
12-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Nope, the chest with the spider next to it only appears if 0 spiders are killed in the quest. While you are not "penalized" with regards to quest completion until AFTER you are informed that the spiders are not the real threat, the spiders get grumpy with you with the first kill.

Oh well. Thanks for the info. Still going to kill em. :D

cdr
12-29-2011, 01:05 AM

And this is why people usually don't bother with the chest - it's faster to just throw Wail etc willy-nilly before you pick up the book. A junk chest is not worth adding extra time on the quest if you're zerging/trying to be efficient.

Talias006
12-29-2011, 01:06 AM
I ran that with a group who didn't know that recently. Full group with TR's and apparently the acid immunity was not common knowledge. One of them flipped on my acid rain yelling, 'NO AOE'S!!!'

Very nice! I hadn't known about that trick either. :eek:

Will have to share it around. :D

Jaid314
12-29-2011, 01:17 AM

yeah, a lot of people seem to be unaware of that handy little fact. makes an annoying quest much more enjoyable, in my opinion :P

azrael4h
12-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I didn't know it either, until a guildy mentioned that her earth savant on another server found that quest a breeze.

If I TR my arcane again, I'll carry some acid spells this time around. I was air savant when I hit Vale, so I didn't have any acid stuff.