PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Weapons for Festivult, Please?

Seventoe
12-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Dear Jester,

This is just a simple plea: may there please, please be some way for capped artificers to acquire the Deadly Weapons spell? It is just really frustrating to have to explain over and over that, no, I can't give you the simple buff you want. The spell is unavailable to me. I love my artificer and do not wish to TR him yet :)

There are a number of ways short of Reincarnation it could be accomplished, I'm not picky.

1. Make the scrolls drop
2. Make them available at a vendor, perhaps with an insane UMD if necessary
3. Just drop one in capped arti's mailbox.
4. Through Arti trainer dialogue.

Anyway, just spitballing....I'm not disgruntled. In fact I'm very well-gruntled. But, it doesnt hurt to ask, does it?

Sincerely,
Algorithm

-Zephyr-
12-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey,

Eladrin stated a while back the spell is not supposed to be in game yet. It is, but it shouldn't. That's why the only way to get it is through leveling. And that's also why it's bugged in many aspects...

Don't worry, if/when they get the spell right, it will be availible like other spells. Hopefully.

Carpone
12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey,

Eladrin stated a while back the spell is not supposed to be in game yet. It is, but it shouldn't. That's why the only way to get it is through leveling. And that's also why it's bugged in many aspects...

Don't worry, if/when they get the spell right, it will be availible like other spells. Hopefully.
If it's in the game, then make it available to everyone. If it's so broken that it shouldn't be in the game, then remove it. Simple as that.

Enoach
12-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Being one that understands the "Missing Out" on spells once capped, I do understand the frustration of knowing there is a spell that could be useful that I don't have access to, since it came out AFTER I capped and cannot be bought or found.

I do agree that when a new spell becomes available no matter how useful it is, it should be added to the loot table so that there is a chance to find this scroll to be learned.

Thrombur_Stormforger
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
i do believe that deadly weapons is being gotten rid of next major update...or at least being nerfed....

Adrenas
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM
i do believe that deadly weapons is being gotten rid of next major update...or at least being nerfed....

Why would you believe that? Why would it need to be nerfed? As it is RANGED and handwraps aren't affected by deadly weapons. I've seen Turbine make some really bad choices before, but nerfing or getting rid of deadly weapons would be a doozy. The community (of those who have artificers) is already pretty hot over the spell not working on the primary weapon of the class that casts it, after paying over 1000 turbine points to buy the class.

Edit: I'm being somewhat sarcastic. For ranged a nerf wouldn't be a nerf since it currently does nothing at all.

xoowak
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Why would you believe that?

There was a dev post some time back that said it was not WAI for weapons with higher base damages. IIRC, deadly weapons should only increase the damage by the base damage of a normal weapon of that type, so a deadly eSoS would be 7d6 instead of 10d6.

Adrenas
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
There was a dev post some time back that said it was not WAI for weapons with higher base damages. IIRC, deadly weapons should only increase the damage by the base damage of a normal weapon of that type, so a deadly eSoS would be 7d6 instead of 10d6.

So basically the spell doing exactly what its description says is considered not working as intended? Brilliant.

Postumus
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
So basically the spell doing exactly what its description says is considered not working as intended? Brilliant.

More likely, once again, no one thought it through before they implemented it.

But it's always cheaper to have it play-tested in live and then fix it later (i.e. NERF) after the players figure out what you really can do with it.