PDA

View Full Version : Artificer ideas that may or may not be horrible

Rian
12-26-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm not really the "Go to guy" for ideas, I just like thinking about things that I would think would be cool and bouncing the ideas off on other people :p

So I've noticed that there are rune arms that have a really limited range (flame warden and Chimera's Breath).
They have the same damage (and damage increase for increased tiers/arti levels) as others that aren't close ranged.

1) I think rune arms that have a more limited range than others should do more damage than their more ranged related counter parts.
Not so much at lower levels perhaps since you're usually cramped up in small sewers anyways, but when you're higher level it should be noticible.
Of course, if people liked the idea then more rune arms would have to be added to compliment the rest.

2) If people like the idea of more close ranged rune arms, perhaps a radius type rune arm? You charge it up and then boom! hits things in a circle around.

3) perhaps a PrE that allows artificers to use 2 handed melee weapons with a CLOSE RANGE rune arm like Chimera's Breath or Trial By Fire, not one like Lucid Dreams.
Maybe even lower the damage by a certain percent.

Just throwing base ideas out there and seeing if people want to build them up or scrap them from the start :p:D

Calebro
12-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Please read this (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=355554)

Rian
12-26-2011, 04:40 AM
No I have never notice and I appreciate you telling me straight forward.
It's obvious I'm not the greatest forum posting guy out there. I've always played more than I've posted.

Calebro
12-26-2011, 04:43 AM
I edited my post to be a bit less harsh, so your comment may not make sense to other readers.
But thank you so much. :)

Rian
12-26-2011, 04:51 AM
I edited my post to be a bit less harsh, so your comment may not make sense to other readers.
But thank you so much. :)

If I'm not critisized I can't develope these things. It's how I became a better player. :D

Sometimes people could use a little confusion in their life.:p

Aesop
12-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Not bad ideas overall.

Ya know what else might be interesting is on Vorpal effect that fires a full charged blast.

Would be really interesting with some of those short ranged RAs

I like the idea of the blast radius effect as well.

Not sure about the PrE suggestion.

Aesop

Rian
12-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Not bad ideas overall.

Ya know what else might be interesting is on Vorpal effect that fires a full charged blast.
I like the idea of the blast radius effect as well.

Aesop

Maybe have it as a guard instead of a vorpal effect. Chance fire off a random tier charged blast upon being hit?

The blast radius effect was an idea I liked in another game, unfortunately it died (or is in the process).

Was thinking it could have slightly less damage than most rune arms.
Force rune arms are 8 to 26 damage + 1d8/Arti lvl at tier 5
So maybe 10 to 22 + 2d3/Arti lvl at tier 5?

I'm sure someone could up with a better damage progression for short ranged RAs

Calebro
12-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Was thinking it could have slightly less damage than most rune arms.
Force rune arms are 8 to 26 damage + 1d8/Arti lvl at tier 5
So maybe 10 to 22 + 2d3/Arti lvl at tier 5?

Those are almost identical. 1d8 is 4.5 average, while 2d3 is average 4.
While the 1d8 is technically higher average, the 2d3 is much more consistent, and in many people's eyes would be superior because of it.
If metamagics worked with the Runearms then 1d8 would be far better, but as they don't, 2d3 is so close that the difference is almost negligible.

Rian
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Those are almost identical. 1d8 is 4.5 average, while 2d3 is average 4.
While the 1d8 is technically higher average, the 2d3 is much more consistent, and in many people's eyes would be superior because of it.
If metamagics worked with the Runearms then 1d8 would be far better, but as they don't, 2d3 is so close that the difference is almost negligible.

Coming up with numbers is not my strongsuit :p

What would be diminishing enough in damage, yet fair, to be noticibile end game?
Or should it be left as is?