PDA

View Full Version : Bring down prices of Guild ships

taujack
12-25-2011, 12:47 PM
What the hell is DDO thinking in increasing the prices of airships 50 and 100 fold?

I saw no news about this price change and i hope it's a bug.
I was going to upgrade from a lvl 20 ship to the stormbolt lvl 25 today and now it costs 120 Astral Diamonds (that's $120 in turbine points)

how is this even FAIR to Small Guilds

DDO is fun and all but NOT Worth $500 in turbine points for upgrades.

Amber-Dawnn
12-25-2011, 01:18 PM
I play a horse sim game its $120 for 100 passes. Those 100 passes will buy you about 10 of the best items for your horse. You can trick out 2-3 horses with that and those horses are only good for about a week if your on the leaderboard.
People will buy left over or just fell out of the top spot horses for 20 passes = $24
People will buy limited editsion horses for 200 passes = $240.
Needless to say I don't buy ANY passes.

My point is the makers of ANY game will set ANY price if they think people will pay.

Don1966
12-25-2011, 02:54 PM
What the hell is DDO thinking in increasing the prices of airships 50 and 100 fold?

I was going to upgrade from a lvl 20 ship to the stormbolt lvl 25 today and now it costs 120 Astral Diamonds (that's $120 in turbine points)

you can buy the 100 pack of AD for 2500 TP and and two 10 packs for 375 TP each which comes out to 3250 TP. with the current points promotion that would be covered with the $34.99 option. a whole lot less than your $120 figure. btw, upgrading from the level 20 airship to the level 25 airship has pretty much always cost 120 AD, there has been no increase.

shores11
12-25-2011, 03:12 PM

You can wait until level 50 and get the next ship for in game platinum. The astral diamond ship is only an option.

MsEricka
12-25-2011, 03:50 PM
that's $120 in turbine points

No it's not, don't post outright lies on the forums. It makes you look silly.

As stated, 100 diamonds are 2500TP which works out to around $25.

Phoenix-daBard
12-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Alcohol and math do not mix. Try sleeping it off.

azrael4h
12-25-2011, 04:42 PM
People pay real money for air ships?

gerardIII
12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I play a horse sim game

I feel your pain.

TimoteoDeLani
12-26-2011, 02:36 AM
You can wait until level 50 and get the next ship for in game platinum. The astral diamond ship is only an option.

Oh you really don't want the level 50 ship, except as a stepping stone to reduce the AD cost of the level 55 ship. The level 50 ship truly sucks. Stick with the level 20 or level 25 ship in preference to using the level 50 ship.

We didn't know how bad it was and were stuck with it for 5 guild levels. The 3 of us have never been so motivated to get renown ...

katz
12-26-2011, 07:26 AM
we have that ship....

just 2... more... levels.... :eek:

morticianjohn
12-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Farm astral diamonds in game. I've been playing for only a year + a bit but I already have 2 astral diamonds. 3 more and I'll be able to do something with them.

sweez
12-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Farm astral diamonds in game. I've been playing for only a year + a bit but I already have 2 astral diamonds. 3 more and I'll be able to do something with them.

Yep, several hundred eDA runs and you might actually have enough ADs to donate!

Hokiewa
12-26-2011, 10:35 PM

Haha. Good one.

fco-karatekid
12-26-2011, 11:21 PM

I drop on average 1 AD per YEAR... thinking this ain't an option. Will opt to simply not have the ship. The TP-for-ship price is way too high. Drop it to half of current, and I mighta considered it.

Edit: now swapping Marks for AD might be a choice for the future - haven't looked into that with any seriousness, though.

Buddrow
12-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh you really don't want the level 50 ship, except as a stepping stone to reduce the AD cost of the level 55 ship. The level 50 ship truly sucks. Stick with the level 20 or level 25 ship in preference to using the level 50 ship.

We didn't know how bad it was and were stuck with it for 5 guild levels. The 3 of us have never been so motivated to get renown ...

What makes the level 50 ship so bad?

and Farming for AD roflmbo

Standal
12-27-2011, 12:34 AM
What makes the level 50 ship so bad?

Jacked up floor plan, imo.

TimoteoDeLani
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Yep - both above- and below-deck layout on the level 50 ship is a total mess (and I guess level 80 since I think it's the same just enlarged).

Things like:

1. Having to go up a narrow walkway, turn 90 degrees, walk forwards a little bit, turn 90 degrees again then up again to get to the captain/navigator. It is so easy to fall off (including over the side of the ship if you're careless) or get stuck. A decent jump can help a little bit by avoiding the narrow walkway.

2. To get from the captain to main above deck you want to jump. But if you've got feather falling, beware - hit the flagpole (it's wider than it looks!) and you'll bounce over the side of the ship ...

3. It's almost impossible to set up decent above-deck amenities. On my guild we like to have the above-deck area have the amentities we use all the time - chests, auctioneer, bank, etc, with a tavern covering them and the place you actually arrive on the ship and the helm. With the level 50 ship it was impossible to get good tavern placement - in particular it couldn't cover the captain. Add the "hit the flagpole" problem and realising that you forgot to fix your spells changed from being a 5-second problem to being a 5-minute one if you're not careful.

4. Below decks - make sure you go in the "back" way or one of the hookpoints is almost unusable (the level 55 ship has a similar problem, but it's not quite as bad). Then you have to clamber or jump all over the place because some of the hookpoints are on stairs, in a bottleneck, you've got a ramp up with multiple turns ...

Basically, it was really annoying to use, and if you weren't careful could become incredibly aggravating. The level 20 and 25 ships didn't suffer these aggravations - whilst there might not have been enough hookpoints (we used the harbour auctioneer and mailbox) they were easy to move around on.

MRH
12-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Didn't Fernando say that everything concerning guild ships would be able to be purchased with plat.

There is a post he made I can't find ...... from the PAX i believe when they released guild ships.

This Astral Diamond stuff is a joke and prices for ships need to be more reasonable for small guilds.

Bad enough from lvl36-44 or so there is nothing but DDO store stuff for guild ships..... pure BS for all the hard work grinding renown at these lvls ..... FOR NOTHING

taujack
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Haha. Good one.

this is exactly what's wrong --- they jacked the prices of every ship and item to insane levels. Last Month the ship was 25 Diamonds and 80K .. now it's lammania prices. which are horrible.

Combat_Wombat
12-30-2011, 04:08 PM
this is exactly what's wrong --- they jacked the prices of every ship and item to insane levels. Last Month the ship was 25 Diamonds and 80K .. now it's lammania prices. which are horrible.

The prices are the same as they've ever been the only change since the airships launched is that you can buy the first plat airship at guild level 15 via astral diamonds. Stop spreading false information and trying to inflame people with lies. Go back to whatever bridge you live under and practice your trolling more.

MsEricka
12-30-2011, 05:29 PM
they jacked the prices of every ship and item to insane levels. Last Month the ship was 25 Diamonds and 80K .. now it's lammania prices. which are horrible.

No they did not change the prices. You are lying outright and need to stop it.

-1 for trolling, lies and attempting to spread FUD

taujack
01-05-2012, 10:54 PM
The prices are the same as they've ever been the only change since the airships launched is that you can buy the first plat airship at guild level 15 via astral diamonds. Stop spreading false information and trying to inflame people with lies. Go back to whatever bridge you live under and practice your trolling more.

Um.. They were NOT Always those prices, Only On lammania which always gets the changes FIRST - Which means they decided to jack up the prices because they want people to pay cash for them!). I was playing this game for years now and only months before the ships were reasonably priced.

Postumus
01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Um.. They were NOT Always those prices, Only On lammania which always gets the changes FIRST - Which means they decided to jack up the prices because they want people to pay cash for them!). I was playing this game for years now and only months before the ships were reasonably priced.

Its the same price as it was last year when our guild got its L25 ship. You obviously misread something somewhere.

MsEricka
01-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Yes prices on Lamannia are cheap because Lamannia is a TEST SERVER and what happens there does not mean it will happen on live servers. Everyone is aware of this.

The prices of ships haven't changed since they were released. Stop lying and stop replying to your own thread to try and get your post last so it seems like you're right. You are wrong.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3076066&postcount=203 oh look, a post from June 28 2010 showing the cost of astral diamonds. Same pricing as of January 2012.

~Quilny
01-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Airships are free :D
1st of all my Friend you can Find astral Dimonds. They are free. yoiu may choose to buy them.
2nd You can buy the ships with plat. Sure the astral ships are better but this game is F2P and ddo needs to make money some how:D.
3rd its been stated already but your math is wrong will not cost $500.
4th is Anger leads to hate and hate leads towards the dark side ;)