PDA

View Full Version : A question about gaining a Premium account...

CarpeNoctu
12-23-2011, 07:09 AM
When my fiancee and I first started playing DDO about 2 years ago or so, we quickly found that 2 toons slots were not enough and the other limitations associated with being f2p were a pain, so we decided to go Premium. We don't have credit cards and, at that time, there was a problem using our debit card to buy TP, so we were at a loss. Luckily, we found an alternative. We spent a small amount of money from our cellphones to buy TP and were almost instantly upgraded to Premium.

A few officers from our guild and I decided to set up a new account to use as a guild bank the other day. We've seen such generosity from our guild mates that the 2 slots that came with the f2p account are not enough, so I decided that I'd do the same thing for this account that I did with my own. I spent a bit of money from my cellphone and bought a TP bundle... Unfortunately, that's been over an hour ago and the account is still not considered Premium even though the TPs have been delivered and the money has been taken from my cell.

My question is, what's the situation? Is the process just taking a bit more time than it did 2 years ago? Have the rules changed so that this is no longer an acceptable way to become Premium? If this is still an acceptable way of becoming Premium, is there now a minimum amount of money I need to spend to do so?

Just trying to educate myself a bit so I know where I stand, before going off half cocked with a moronic and unjustified complaint :)

Carpe_Noctem
12-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the Premium upgrade did not take effect, though it sounds like it should have. It can happen occasionally. For further assistance with this, you'll need to contact Account Support directly, and they will be happy to take a look for you. Contact information is in my signature.

By the way, I like the forum name!

Ganolyn
12-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the Premium upgrade did not take effect, though it sounds like it should have. It can happen occasionally. For further assistance with this, you'll need to contact Account Support directly, and they will be happy to take a look for you. Contact information is in my signature.

By the way, I like the forum name!

Ummm, you don't have a signature. ????????

Carpe_Noctem
12-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey, I just noticed this, and am working on getting that updated.

In the meantime, here is the contact information. Account Support can be either called, or you can submit a ticket. If you want to call, they are available at 781-407-4020, and are open Monday through Friday from 12 noon to 8:45 PM Eastern US Time.

To submit a ticket, go to support.turbine.com. Then, click 'Support Center' at the top, and you will see the 'Submit a Ticket' button. Be sure to choose 'Account Support' as the team when submitting the ticket.

CarpeNoctu
12-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the assistance :) It is greatly appreciated...

I like your name as well :)

Hey, I just noticed this, and am working on getting that updated.

In the meantime, here is the contact information. Account Support can be either called, or you can submit a ticket. If you want to call, they are available at 781-407-4020, and are open Monday through Friday from 12 noon to 8:45 PM Eastern US Time.

To submit a ticket, go to support.turbine.com. Then, click 'Support Center' at the top, and you will see the 'Submit a Ticket' button. Be sure to choose 'Account Support' as the team when submitting the ticket.