PDA

View Full Version : Quad Damage Powerup Bug or WAI?

Credinus
12-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I've noticed that the quadruple damage powerup (which is listed as quadrupling weapon and spell damaged for its duration) found occasionally in some of the challenges don't appear to be affecting SLA's, or at least not the evocation archmage ones. Are others experiencing this issue, and is this a bug or works as intended?

[Edit] The SLA's in this circumstance are referring to the magic missile and chain missile spell SLA's, not arcane bolt/blast.

AnYtHiNg23
12-21-2011, 11:33 PM
The quad damage power up is probably some kind of temporary "meta"-metamagic feat - normal metamagic feats don't work with AM SLA's either. No idea if its WAI or not, I'd assume it'll take too much coding to make it so though.

Credinus
12-21-2011, 11:41 PM
The quad damage power up is probably some kind of temporary "meta"-metamagic feat - normal metamagic feats don't work with AM SLA's either. No idea if its WAI or not, I'd assume it'll take too much coding to make it so though.

Oh, whoops, I forgot to clarify there. Will edit the original post; I'm referring the magic missile and chain missile SLA's, not arcane bolt/blast. I would expect them to not affect those, since as you mentioned, they aren't affected by meta's either; however, I would assume that they would affect the spell SLA's (which are affected by meta magic), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

For that matter, I really haven't tried using regular spells while under the influence of the buff. I'll have to try that tomorrow to see if the buff is even affecting spells at all.