PDA

View Full Version : Secret Jester (give stuff to the Jester to distribute)

Backley
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Idea from:

I only wish that I could somehow squeeze that old green steel item gathering dust in my bank into one of santa's bags. Then maybe some poor unfortunate could at least get some use out of it.

Idea for next festivult: add option to give the Jester items (any item, even BTA/BTC stuff), and it will go into the pool of gifts he gives out for coins within the next 24 hours.

So, I give old DT robe I no longer use, someone randomly gets it in the next 24 hours.

And if you get something you can't use on that character, you can just give it back to put it back in the pool.

Edit:
And the donated pool would be given out in addition to the normal cake/cookie/tome you would get for the coin turn in, so as not to dilute those (imaging someone flooding the donation pool with coal, etc.)

Edit 2:
When turning off the Jester, he should stop accepting new donations more than 24 hours before he leaves himself, so that all donations are given out.

bkasavan
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Edit:
And the donated pool would be given out in addition to the normal cake/cookie/tome you would get for the coin turn in, so as not to dilute those (imaging someone flooding the donation pool with coal, etc.)

I approve this idea in it's entirety.
That last part would have to be included though, for the reasons Backley said.

somenewnoob
12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
This is a pretty damn fine idea really!

Certainly seems like it fits with the holiday season. And then I wouldn't feel guilt for having 2 pairs of madstone boots anymore! :p

I'd definitely donate a few items just for kicks.

Backley
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Refinement:
When turning off the Jester, he should stop accepting new donations more than 24 hours before he leaves himself, so that all donations are given out.

Jaid314
12-20-2011, 12:58 PM
this would be pretty neat. i fairly often have stuff that i'm willing to just give away, and it could be handy to seed the jester with little things that i may be able to get lots of, but others may have a hard time finding.

R0cksteady
12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
I have LOTS of greensteel I stopped using because of gear changes. Same with Dragontouched armor and some epic items.

I love this idea.

CheeseMilk
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
That would be really cool.

I think it would need to be limited to equipable items only, though, to prevent passive griefing with stacks of trap parts, Small Gnawed Bones, and the aforementioned lumps of coal.

Jaid314
12-20-2011, 02:49 PM
That would be really cool.

I think it would need to be limited to equipable items only, though, to prevent passive griefing with stacks of trap parts, Small Gnawed Bones, and the aforementioned lumps of coal.

i dunno. those are typically annoying because you're getting them instead of other (useful) things. if you're getting them extra, as suggested, it's not a big deal. sure, i'd rather get a large devil scale, but i doubt there's too many people planning on passing large devil scales into the jester.

Cauthey
12-20-2011, 03:08 PM
/signed.

Though, Backley, I thought that you didn't usually venture forth into this forum section. :p

Rinnaldo
12-20-2011, 05:40 PM
/signed

Cool idea. I have items I've saved just because they are bound to character, not because I need them (pieces of sets I don't use, etc.).

Galeria
12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Just to take this a step further, I'd like to be able to drop stuff on the ground, like the Devs do during live events.

So, you clean out your newbie gear and instead of destroying it, you drop it off in the Village Square on Korthos Island at the base of the Harbor mailbox where it stays for about an hour before disappearing.

Cause sometimes I just don't feel like spamming general chat with "Anybody want this?"

Dagolar
12-20-2011, 07:19 PM
This would be crazy fun.
Two ways to manage abuse:
1: Limit the number of donated items, perhaps to [1/3 hours maximum].
2: Seperate secret sa..jester from the normal rewards, and have it be a different dialogue route. "Do you want to participate in Secret Jester? Truly, your Festivult Spirit is alive!" Then have the option to put in an item and receive one in return [again, a max would be useful here]. If the devs were really nice, they'd prevent non-returning thrown weapons or basic materials from being allowed to be put in the pool.

It's feasible enough. A bit off the wall, which may dissuade its inclusion.. but which also strengthens its inherent value were it to be added. After all, aren't we looking for new things to entertain us?

Definitely suggest keeping it separate, that way it'd be limited to those that want to participate.

Which I'd certainly be one of.

Have some tomes here that I don't need..