PDA

View Full Version : best dillitante for pally?

zex95966
12-18-2011, 02:38 PM
i'll be dumping wisdom and intelligence so the related dilles for those will be unavailable - but what else would be good?

I haven't decided if I should take UMD or intimidate as my skill to focus on yet - I'm leaning towards intimidate though as I think forcing aggro off clerics and quest objectives and such is super important and/or my dilletante might cover whatever my UMD could.

Munkenmo
12-18-2011, 02:44 PM
paladins are incredibly ap point starved and most of the dillys cost a bit.

personally i'd go barb so you can use ap to round out str con and cha as needed with minimal costs.

Quetzacoala
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Personally, rogue is always a great choice for any character that intends to be dealing damage with a weapon.

killerzee25
12-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm a big fan of monk dilly for the heal amp works nice to make your self heals stronger.

zex95966
12-18-2011, 03:37 PM
thanks all, I recently found this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=282087

and decided to go with a sorc dille. Combined with the elven resurrect ability I don't think there will be much I need to UMD which allows me to Intimidate when needed.

since I'm splashing 2 monk, I think my only other question is what should my last feat be?
so far I have:
toughness
power attack
Khopesh
twf
improved critical
itwf
gtwf
extend

and I have 1 more feat to take.

Force of personality would boost my will quite a bit, light reflexes to maybe boost my reflex even more...
I also will probably have past life fighter available when I decide to make it.

CheeseMilk
12-18-2011, 06:08 PM
I have Empower Healing on my Pally, and with a few points in healing spec, some healing amp and a devotion item, my self-heals are quite effective (85-100 per Cure Serious at lvl 16).

Quicken is also a viable option, to allow you to rebuff quickly and without being interrupted in combat.

If you're having trouble hitting, Oversized TWF will remove the penalty you're taking for not having a light weapon in your off-hand.

As far as the +save feats, Pallys (Pallies? :D) have pretty wicked saves, especially with a monk splash, and I think you'd be better off putting a few points into your +saves aura than spending a whole feat on it. You're already getting your charisma modifier added to all saves, so that +2 from LR wouldn't make that much of a difference. You can always use Lesser Water Stance for a quick boost. As long as your reflex is in the low to mid 40's by endgame, you should be good. Will saves aren't as important at endgame, since a lot of will-based spells are negated already by Freedom of Movement, Protection From Evil, Deathblock and the like.

Tsuarok
12-18-2011, 06:19 PM
I 2nd Quicken. Recasting Zeal/DF sucks; make it as fast as possible/not interruptable. Also nice when you need to get a self-heal off in a pinch.

Otherwise just another toughness -- your saves should be fine.

Havok.cry
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
:D I vote for self sufficient, so You can qualify to take the Iron defender enhancements, and have your very own grease spewing machine :D

This will save all those inventory slots you used on grease clickies :D

Now everyone needs to go make a sense motive check.

Goodheals
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
:d i vote for self sufficient, so you can qualify to take the iron defender enhancements, and have your very own grease spewing machine :d

this will save all those inventory slots you used on grease clickies :d

now everyone needs to go make a sense motive check.

+1

Ravoc-DDO
12-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Rogue dilletante.

Some extra damage a pally can use very well in dps mode.
Also works great with radiance guard or some radiance blades.

BruceTheHoon
12-23-2011, 05:47 AM
In my opinion, if you're not going for tanky, roguy dilly is the best pally dilly because of substantial sneaky attacky. Alternatively, I would consider Favor souly dilly for the charisma bonus and ease of use of high levely scrolly.

wax_on_wax_off
12-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Rogue dilettante + UMD is definitely the way to go. Not taking UMD on a high charisma class like paladin is just a waste.

I don't see that you're really getting enough out of your monk splash if you aren't going for AC or tanking ability. You end up giving up a big chunk of DPS for ... well, really just evasion.

If you're interested in the splash then do more with it. Go for DoS (and shield mastery) or something like it. I've found my DPS paladin to be thoroughly underwhelming and I wish I could easily adjust his build to a more useful DoS one.

Rusty_Can
12-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Alternatively, I would consider Favor souly dilly for the charisma bonus and ease of use of high levely scrolly.

Iirc, those enhancements are considered class enhancements, thus they won't stack with paladin CHA enhancements.