PDA

View Full Version : Lemme turn off my buffs :D

The_OathKeeper
12-10-2011, 11:56 AM
If it isnt too much to ask, can we get the option to turn certain buffs off.?
The idea came from when i was on my fvs and was running to Reavers Refuge, Like always Im spamming Wings, then i get to the boat and jump with a neaerly 3 min ff :p

Another example is when im on my wiz and i might get a buff that i might not want in a raid or watever like blur or rage or something along the lines of that. I move that we should have the option to simply move our mouse over the buff at the top of our screen with all the buffs, click it and it should either be turned of or dispelled or something like that.
It sounds Simple enough to do and doesnt seem like it would change anything too drastically or unbalance anything.

Good or bad idea?

feedback appreciated

LordRavnos
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I would love this, its in a lot of other games I enjoyed in the past, but I doubt they will add it due to there anti holiday potions. Imagine if you could just turn the pumpkin off like in WoW, they would not make money off the people like me to who hate the damn pumpkin head :p But in hope they DO add it

/signed

Quarterling
12-10-2011, 02:27 PM
/signed!

The idea to "shrug off" buffs is great, and like the poster above me has said that WoW has this option (other MMOs have it as well, like KoL), why not DDO?

Though I believe they should be dispelled and not just toggled on and off.

FranOhmsford
12-10-2011, 02:35 PM
First of all I LOATHE the pumpkin heads.

But I think this should only be available for spells you've cast on yourself as it doesn't make sense for a fighter to be able to dispel a buff.

Maybe for what you're after they could add in a UI option allowing you to check "Insist on saving throws vs all buffs" - If this was checked after a buff had been cast on you it would allow you to make an instant save attempt.

For casters Dispel Magic could be retooled so you could actually choose which buff you wished to dispel - Say a wizard cast GH, Blur, Rage, Displacement and haste on me, I don't want to lose haste but don't want to be displaced {I've heard tanks complain about this - something to do with aggro gen I think}. Why can't I cast a dispel magic to get rid of that displacement without losing the haste?