PDA

View Full Version : [DailyDeals]All deals for the 10th, 11th and 12th active today?

Melchon
12-10-2011, 08:07 AM
It seems that the items on sale tommorow (lesser essences) and the day after tomorrow (guild xp) are already on sale today. I would guess this is not intentional?

arjiwan
12-10-2011, 08:26 AM
This is why we can't have nice things?

MsEricka
12-10-2011, 01:39 PM
It's possible they turn them on for the weekend so no one has to activate them.

I have no clue, that's just a guess.

Rumbaar
12-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Turbine doesn't work on weekend, hence posting both deals on Friday and having them active over the weekend. So they didn't have to do anything over the weekend.

Little bonus, shame not better deals :)

mystafyi
12-11-2011, 07:15 AM
these deals this year are garbage. at least it matches their coding.

Rumbaar
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
these deals this year are garbage. at least it matches their coding.Well different horses for different courses. What is garbage for you, could be gold for others. But I don't think I've been too impressed with most of them.

I would have gotten the ingredients bags, but even with 40%, BtC bags I will not buy. I still regret purchasing a BtC cookie jar.

AZgreentea
12-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Every year I have played someone says the deals this year are garbage. :D

Usually, like Rumbarr said, its a few things that appeal to different people. For example, the 50% off hirelings worked well for my main. I topped off my folder for a pretty good price. I am still hoping for a "40% off all items when you spend 4000 TP" type coupon, since that would let me grab some stuff I have been waiting for.

mystafyi
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Every year I have played someone says the deals this year are garbage. :D
to be fair turbine didnt have sales prior to 2009. that year was alot of sales, quite a few 50% off on many items at once.
dec 2010 had a 50% off sale every day that month and they still had turbine tuesdays running.
dec 2011 has a pitance of sales and you have to remember many items in the ddostore have increased in price by 20-50% over the past few years.

Koowluh
12-12-2011, 02:49 AM
It has been like this with last week too. Just before the weekend all the deals are opened until Tuesday. Saves them time, no one has to work extra hours in the weekend to click on a tag or two and they won't have to deal with it until they had their monday morning coffee.

Must admit, I'm not too thrilled with the current deals yet, but they may improve. I'm particularly waiting for the shared bank and the champion bundle, as some of the lesser popular adventure packs (TBC, catacombs and such).

Turbine, I got 5k points left to spend, just take my money.

Trufire
12-12-2011, 03:10 AM
to be fair turbine didnt have sales prior to 2009. that year was alot of sales, quite a few 50% off on many items at once.
dec 2010 had a 50% off sale every day that month and they still had turbine tuesdays running.
dec 2011 has a pitance of sales and you have to remember many items in the ddostore have increased in price by 20-50% over the past few years.

They do have the weekly free item this year though.

Rumbaar
12-12-2011, 03:11 AM
I guess the success of the past year of the business model has either meant they don't have to be as generous to get people in or it's not the ideal model anymore.

A lot of other MMO's have gone down the free-2-play model, we'll see how well it will go for the industry over the next years.

mystafyi
12-12-2011, 03:40 AM
A lot of other MMO's have gone down the free-2-play model, we'll see how well it will go for the industry over the next years.

I think its a good model, but there must be an initial "buy-in" like buying the game.

Katran
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
This year's sale favors VIP players, but last year's 50% off adventure packs was useful only to premium/free. So it is a step back to the old model. Unfriendly. The only thing that can bring back joy to my life is the last day sale of everything with a 50% discount. I hope for it.

LordKalkin
12-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Well different horses for different courses. What is garbage for you, could be gold for others. But I don't think I've been too impressed with most of them.

I would have gotten the ingredients bags, but even with 40%, BtC bags I will not buy. I still regret purchasing a BtC cookie jar.

I just cant see the demand for a sale on a race (Drow) that is one of the easier server favor unlocking rewards.
FFS turbine, the sales should be on things you cant unlock.

Rumbaar
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I just cant see the demand for a sale on a race (Drow) that is one of the easier server favor unlocking rewards.
FFS turbine, the sales should be on things you cant unlock.
I can never see the demand for small ingredients and +1 weapons ... but Turbine banks on the ignorance of it's new players. Which it must make sales, and they are easy to implement and sell. Hence zero cost to make available, 100% profit.

Koowluh
12-15-2011, 04:29 AM
It's actually in the back of my head to buy some of these favor unlockable things.

Drow? No. (come on almost 1k points when it's not on sale?)
Veteran's status? No.
Champion? Yes.
Favored Soul? Perhaps.

Again, the daily sales haven't got me running to my computer yet (the daily offers on Steam have by the way). I guess they'll wait with the big stuff until Christmas. And perhaps we only get 50% off some **** consumable then too. We shall see.