PDA

View Full Version : Fabricator Bracers

barecm
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Any news if fabircator bracers are fixed (or going to be fixed) in Update 12.1?

baii
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
What is wrong with it?

djl
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
What is wrong with it?

They severely nerfed the proc rate of the Alchemical Infusion. On Lammania, they would proc often enough that you could consider the buff to be "always on," but shortly after it went live they nerfed it so that you get the buff maybe once every 20 mobs you kill. For a ten second buff, that makes it practically worthless.

baii
12-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Nerf does not require fixing.

You should ask for a buff, not a fix.

And it is not even a nerf since well, Lama is a "test" server.

somenewnoob
12-06-2011, 11:03 AM
sucks != broken

djl
12-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Well, it seems like at least a few pairs of "pre-nerf" bracers made it to live. A guildmate's proc all the time, I can tell by seeing his HP go up and down by 40. He gets off a proc on about every other mob, whereas the rest of us have the "2% proc chance" junk.

baii
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, it seems like at least a few pairs of "pre-nerf" bracers made it to live. A guildmate's proc all the time, I can tell by seeing his HP go up and down by 40. He gets off a proc on about every other mob, whereas the rest of us have the "2% proc chance" junk.

Unless some 1 do a statistical analysis or "HP go up and down by 40" mean nothing....

I have 2 shard of sos and passed 2 in 200 Ev6 so...

Viren1
12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
on my monk the infusion seems to go off often enough. I wouldn't consider it often enough to be permanent by any means (and I am far too lazy to test proc rates) but I seem to get it around every 15-25s of beating on anything

badbob117
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I looted these awhile back after they hit live. On their own without the gloves and before having the nearly finished unlocked, they really were useless. They never ever procced. I could beat down the dummy ten times in a row and nothing,, But once i got both items and unlocked the set bonus in the forge they seem to proc much more then alone. Now they proc quite a bit more when beating down dummy.

They proc a awful lot more for me now. Maybe its just fluke or something but i think it increases after they are crafted in alter and used with the other piece of the set? Or maybe not. I can't do any testing with em yet because i Tr'd my character who has them and is only level 14.

If you do unlock the nearly finished for testing. bear in mind they are bound to character after that ! I did find it had a huge increase in proc rate though but ya never know!

barecm
12-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry. Assumed everyone knew the not working part... It currently does not proc for ranged as stated in the description / not WAI.

Hokiewa
12-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Except its not.

noinfo
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Any news if fabircator bracers are fixed (or going to be fixed) in Update 12.1?

I fixed mine by putting the junk set I pulled on my non melee cleric. Seems about the only use for them at the moment (shame they had so much potential)

elraido
12-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't seem to have an issue with them going off 2% of the time. Sometimes, I get them to go in a string of lasting around a min, then I go a couple of min of nothing, then a string again.

LordPiglet
12-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Honestly, I've only ever used them when I want their threat gen. I searched for them and did blown to bits until I finally got them, but on use, have never been that impressed.

fco-karatekid
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
There was talk of the Fabricator's Bracers being a good replacement for (non-epic) Jidz - be it with or without the gloves - back during Lama testing... did this reduced proc rate reverse that?

Lifespawn
12-29-2011, 02:26 PM
low proc rate and 10 second duration make it crappy

redspecter23
12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I agree that the main use for the bracers is the threat generation. I use that and earth 4 stance on my monk and hold aggro fairly well unless someone is going out of their way to grab it. If you're using the bracers mainly for the threat in tanking situations then the small proc chance is more of a nice little bonus when it does happen. The extra ac and hp help at least a bit while tanking and the extra damage output is always welcome even if it is for only 10 seconds here or there. If you happen to be Horoth tanking then you get the potential added bonus of 10% alacrity from the set in a situation where you may not be hasted all the time.

Although on Lamania the item was adored more for the proc, on live it's a threat gen item with the proc as a small perk. If you look at it that way, it still has some decent niche uses, which is more than you can say for a lot of items in game.

simo0208
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Mine go off all the time. Every 1-3 mobs for sure. It's a reliable proc rate for mine. I don't know exactly when I looted my set, but I know they sat on my bank toon "for a while." A guildie of mine's set nearly never procs. So I guess it all depends on when you looted yours. I've only ever pulled one set, so I can't really compare. Also, I haven't even finished them off or anything. I just wear them as is.

fco-karatekid
01-13-2012, 09:16 PM
on my monk the infusion seems to go off often enough. I wouldn't consider it often enough to be permanent by any means (and I am far too lazy to test proc rates) but I seem to get it around every 15-25s of beating on anything

This was my experience as well - often enough to remain useful, just not the rumored always on (never been on Lamma)

barecm
01-16-2012, 07:40 AM
I guess folks cannot read when replying to this thread... Fixing for RANGED combat as the description reads. Not a thread about if you want to use them or not for melee and/or threat generation. Reading comprehension is low.

mikesharpshooter
01-16-2012, 07:53 AM
and after 5 days i see it works only two times
one in ranged combat and one in meele comabat (never see work during a lot of multishot)
quite useless for 10 second of buff

barecm
01-18-2012, 07:38 AM
and after 5 days i see it works only two times
one in ranged combat and one in meele comabat (never see work during a lot of multishot)
quite useless for 10 second of buff

You are saying you have seen it work with ranged? Were you using the set or just the bracers? Were they upgrades etc...

Thank for the info.

Ryan220
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Mine seem to proc very frequently - guessing at 15-20 secs - but its frequent enough for me to keep them constantly equipped

barecm
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Mine seem to proc very frequently - guessing at 15-20 secs - but its frequent enough for me to keep them constantly equipped

You are talking about ranged combat, yes?

Ryan220
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
You are talking about ranged combat, yes?

No, Im afraid not.

Also, ive just noticed this is a Lamannia server discussion and Im referring to use on the live servers - my apologies