PDA

View Full Version : I want a TR option that ...

Bal-Sagoth
12-06-2011, 09:41 AM
... will allow me to keep my current favor and all the tomes eaten and im willing to pay extra for it. The TR can be obtained only with TPs, not from epic tokens and possibly will have to cost double the TPs of a normal TR. The favor will unlock when you reach the level that you could normally open the quest, when it appears in your favor panel.

Pros: can open all quests done on previously life on elite and of course the tomes
Cons: wont get any TPs every 100 favor, no bravery streak bonuses

This is the only way i will ever TR some of toons

i know not everyone will like it though. So what do you think?

danotmano1998
12-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I Tr'd for the first time recently, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

The favor really isn't THAT big of a deal, I'd rather get the TP.

I'd LOVE to see tomes kept after a TR and I've read that there MAY be some sort of discussion from a post quoting a dev, but that's hearsay IMO.

Also, as a TR you already qualify to open hard right off the bat.
If you want elite open right off the bat, go VIP, that's why the option is there. That is one of the biggest reasons I stay VIP.

So,

/Not Signed except for keeping tomes after TR.. (One can hope, right?)

Bal-Sagoth
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Im a VIP too, almost all 6 years DDO is live

but i have a couple toons with almost max favor, (everything on elite except LoB/MA raids) that i'm not willing to grind again

I also have TR'd one of my toons in the past and i know it's fun and i want to TR more, but tomes and favor is keeping me from doing it. Thats all i'm saying. I will just TR a few of my toons but not as many as i want.

der_kluge
12-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Retaining favor implies that you have already completed quests. If you've already completed a quest you can't get the Bravery bonus for a quest. So, that would be bad.

I think the devs might be looking into options for people to be able to retain +3 and +4 tomes, but I that could be just speculation. I agree it would be very nice to not lose those on a TR.

Bal-Sagoth
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Ah yes i forgot the streak, but i'm willing to do TRs without it, if i get to keep the favor
Also guys i'm talking about an alternative option here, normal TR tokens will still exist.

MartinusWyllt
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Pros: can open all quests done on previously life on elite and of course the tomes

Under the current system:

You get to open on hard as a TR1 on a non-vip account.
You get to open on elite as a TR2+ on a non-vip account.

Bal-Sagoth
12-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Under the current system:

You get to open on hard as a TR1 on a non-vip account.
You get to open on elite as a TR2+ on a non-vip account.

Yeah i know all that mate, wouldnt be nicer though if you could open everything on elite on 2nd life?

MartinusWyllt
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah i know all that mate, wouldnt be nicer though if you could open everything on elite on 2nd life?

Oh, you're asking for a 2x expensive true heart mainly to open on elite rather than hard one life sooner. (provided they do add tome retention to the TR process)

For myself I'll be happy to open on hard on my non-subscriber accounts on the first TR.

Bal-Sagoth
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh, you're asking for a 2x expensive true heart mainly to open on elite rather than hard one life sooner. (provided they do add tome retention to the TR process)

For myself I'll be happy to open on hard on my non-subscriber accounts on the first TR.

no im asking because i dont want to do grind 3850+ favor again, the elite difficulty open is a bonus :)