PDA

View Full Version : Another Solution to Craftable vs. Epic slot

Kinerd
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Make two distinct level 20 items: one has whatever Epic slots, one has Craftable +whatever, they are otherwise identical.

Elaril
12-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Why wouldn't they just add some of the more desirable craftable effects to the epic augment list? Seems like that would be quite a bit easier, and have the added bonus of not requiring crafting to upgrade epic equipment.

MRH
12-06-2011, 01:57 AM
The only solution is for Turbine to stop adding epic items to "challenges" and "events"

Lets make all EPIC items the same....

1 : run flaggin quests to get flagged for RAID

2: run raid/quest to get base item

3: then you must actually run EPIC content to get seals/shards/scrolls for said item

Stop putting epics into easy farmable "challenges" / "events"

They are supposed to be EPIC for a reason..... think the DEV's forgot what the reason was tho.

See this is the ONLY solution ............. YOU want some epic stuff? Then run EPICS !

Its not rocket science and will help overall grouping, running quests, teaching new ppl raids/ quests/ epics....

*lfms are already hurting, new content is hardly run, new challenges hardly any lfms for......... so is Turbine trying to make this a solo game?*

sirgog
12-06-2011, 02:15 AM
The only solution is for Turbine to stop adding epic items to "challenges" and "events"

Lets make all EPIC items the same....

1 : run flaggin quests to get flagged for RAID

2: run raid/quest to get base item

3: then you must actually run EPIC content to get seals/shards/scrolls for said item

Stop putting epics into easy farmable "challenges" / "events"

They are supposed to be EPIC for a reason..... think the DEV's forgot what the reason was tho.

See this is the ONLY solution ............. YOU want some epic stuff? Then run EPICS !

Its not rocket science and will help overall grouping, running quests, teaching new ppl raids/ quests/ epics....

*lfms are already hurting, new content is hardly run, new challenges hardly any lfms for......... so is Turbine trying to make this a solo game?*

Uh - you have to run epic content to make tier 2 items, and with the possible exception of Buying Time, the challenges on 21 (let alone 25) are all more difficult than the easier epic dungeons and raids.

Actually many of the challenges are tougher on 18 than a good two thirds of epic dungeons. At least the mobs in 18s don't get decimated by a medium DC Wail.

MRH
12-06-2011, 03:12 AM
true

seems like the questing for epic uber items has now become item turn in farming.

not sure about the other servers.... but Orien's challenge lfm's are a challenge in themselves to find or get a full group for.

*** back on topic ***

yes the epic slot crystals need to be updated / changed

not sure about 2 same items with slots and craftable , could work , but would the craftable end up being better than the slot version ?

LeLoric
12-06-2011, 03:30 AM
not sure about the other servers.... but Orien's challenge lfm's are a challenge in themselves to find or get a full group for.

Don't get full groups. Self healable melees are actually preferred over casters in short man groups due to how they scale. Melees get much better scaling rates and these quests scale in mob group size/hit points/and dmg. A solo caster often spawns groups of 2-3 on the incomings whereas a melee gets just one. And this mob has roughly half the hitpoints and does half the damage of any of the three the caster gets. It can be roughly 6 times harder on a solo caster than a solo melee.

I can easily solo the epic challenges on my rogue that my wizzy has a much harder time with. The wizard often gets spawns twice as large as the rog with twice the hit ponts dealing twice the dmg. Most of the best groups I have done were two melee and a bard runs.

Kinerd
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Why wouldn't they just add some of the more desirable craftable effects to the epic augment list? Seems like that would be quite a bit easier, and have the added bonus of not requiring crafting to upgrade epic equipment.From what I have observed, Turbine is much more willing to implement new content than tinker with existing content, especially older existing content. I make no value judgment, just an observation.

Adding desirable effects to epic slots also has the complication of balance considerations for every single old epic item with a slot. That's a big project, or at least bigger than a simple copy/paste. Low-hanging fruit, and all that.
not sure about 2 same items with slots and craftable , could work , but would the craftable end up being better than the slot version ?It depends on what the individual wants, as there are effects available in slots that are not available in Cannith, and vice versa. This is why I feel going one way or the other unnecessarily disappoints part of the population. For the purpose of satisfaction, going both ways on one item or going one way each on two items work just as well.

Backley
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Make two distinct level 20 items: one has whatever Epic slots, one has Craftable +whatever, they are otherwise identical.

Good, simple to implement solution.

PsychoBlonde
12-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Good, simple to implement solution.

I'd like them to stop putting caster bonuses on melee gear and vice versa. What monk is going to make a Frozen Tunic for that +1 enhanced Ki bs when all the other bonuses on it are only useful for casters? Oh, and stop pretending that bards care whether their Sound Burst or Shout has augmented damage and spell crit chance.

I'd also like to see some options for getting +2 exceptional *physical* stats on items that aren't either greensteel or ToD rings.

And some unique items with guild slots.