PDA

View Full Version : Friend List: What are they up to?

NecroKovy
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Like I usually say before making a suggestion: If I am being a noob and this already exists feel free to bonk, kaboof, splunk, sha-boff, or even POW me if you desire. :)/

For me a nice perk would be the ability to not so much spy on where my Friends list is or what they are doing, but perhaps some symbol, or better yet a small amount of text written by the character him/herself near their name on the list, similar text to what you'd see in an LFM, briefly describing general in game status.

Something as simple as a sword, or heck even a different color circle for the one already there (red: 'offline', green: 'online and not in quest', yellow: 'inside quest' perhaps..) that shows if they're visibly on or not.

I enjoy getting tells from my friends if we are both online. I realize all you need to do is either ignore it, or simply tell back '2 bzy' or something and explain later. As just a small general courtesy to the public at large, it could be a nice way for people to identify that wrong time to start sending tells.

evilgardengnome
12-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the friends list should be like the guild list. We will be able to see our friends class, level, location, and online/last on status. I have no idea if some on my list even play anymore.

Aliss7
12-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Actually, you bring up a question I have about /afk. How do other players currently see what your /afk message or status is?

So, it might be nice to show that /afk message or status somehow in the friends list. The comment field ties up a lot of the available space right now, so a hover may work.

NecroKovy
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I think the friends list should be like the guild list. We will be able to see our friends class, level, location, and online/last on status. I have no idea if some on my list even play anymore.

Yes! Huge difference between a tell during a difficult Raid, or when you're farming taps or something. You mentioned how they do it for guilds, and I agree, the template is already there it just needs to be shifted over to also include friends. There are times you just know guildies are NOT coming back, it would be nice (for nothing else except cleanup purposes for nuts like me lol) if a Friend is just going to languish, but I liked questing with him/her that ONE time so I don't wanna just get rid of them..... :/

NecroKovy
12-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Actually, you bring up a question I have about /afk. How do other players currently see what your /afk message or status is?

So, it might be nice to show that /afk message or status somehow in the friends list. The comment field ties up a lot of the available space right now, so a hover may work.

I seem to have so much I feel I want to include in my character bio, that any help storing pertinent info in a way that's eaasy to find makes me a very happy boy. I have never used that command, but have timed out. IIRC, you just can't send a tell to an AFK status player, but you could be addressing something different. I have never entered a command to go afk, and I didn't even know you could! LOL ;)

umeannothing
12-03-2011, 12:31 PM

You see the /afk message when you send a player that is /afk a tell, it will say <player> is afk then give the message iirc.

FranOhmsford
12-03-2011, 12:32 PM
I seem to have so much I feel I want to include in my character bio, that any help storing pertinent info in a way that's eaasy to find makes me a very happy boy. I have never used that command, but have timed out. IIRC, you just can't send a tell to an AFK status player, but you could be addressing something different. I have never entered a command to go afk, and I didn't even know you could! LOL ;)

/afk works.

to get rid of it you just type it again.

Would be nice to have the friends list reworked to be similar to the guild list /signed

R0cksteady
12-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I just don't understand the difference in info/options between social panels.

Like, the Who List and Guild List show where a character is, the friends list doesn't. The guild list says how long someone's been offline for, the friend's list doesn't (Although for Anonymous purposes I think this is fine as is). There is a "Tell" button for the Who and Friends list but not for the guild list. I think at the very least a tell button should be added to the guild panel, and character locations should show up on friends list.

Before I even send tell to a friend I usually look them up in the who list to see if they are in group or in a quest. 2 features that should be in all 3 panels.

Gurei
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
To half-echo what's being said, I think it'd be nice if you could see if your friends are in parties, raids, or free as a controlled toggle option at user's discretion. That way, people wouldn't be hunted down the second they're free for 2 minutes, but there is some knowledge as a better lfm (since they're all your friends not pugs :D)

R0cksteady
12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
To half-echo what's being said, I think it'd be nice if you could see if your friends are in parties, raids, or free as a controlled toggle option at user's discretion. That way, people wouldn't be hunted down the second they're free for 2 minutes, but there is some knowledge as a better lfm (since they're all your friends not pugs :D)

But you can see all of this already by checking them out in the who column.