PDA

View Full Version : So where's the divine caster challenge gear?

Carpone
11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
You know, some new item that modifies light/alignment/untyped damage, or *gasp* devotion/healing lore.

sirgog
11-30-2011, 06:43 PM
/this.

7 Wisdom too.

PNellesen
11-30-2011, 06:50 PM
/signed

How about a +2 Turn Undead item that actually works properly?

Auran82
11-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Lets really scrape the bottom of the barrel here.

How about at least a Greatsword maybe?

LeLoric
11-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah there could be some love here but to be honest is it really needed. Divine casters are in a really good place right now and the best part is it doesn't take much gear. That means you can use the cloak for just its fire absorption and extra 10 fire resist. Oh and play around with firestorm. This cloak actually makes it marginally useful as an aoe nuke spell.

Many divine casters I know now like to sit and block with a shield while things beat on them. This turns the rock boots into really good items for their guards.

Or maybe I should just complain that theres nothing for my negative spells as a pm.

Jaid314
11-30-2011, 09:58 PM
divines get stuff that helps other players be self-sufficient, so that they can tell the whiners to shut up about how impossible it is to get any healing without having a babysitter.

that's worth at least something, isn't it? ;)

WruntJunior
11-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Yes, lets get some boots with Wisdom +7! I NEED THEM! (only place they don't work is ToD, and con opp should cover you there with its +6 wis)

Carpone
11-30-2011, 11:02 PM
7 Wisdom too.
^^ THIS ^^

There are not enough choices for Wisdom 7 items in game.

WruntJunior
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
^^ THIS ^^

There are no choices for Wisdom 7 items in game.

Fixed. There is 1 +7 wisdom item in the game, the epic helm of the mroranon. THINK OF THE DIVINES!

badbob117
11-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Signed. Would be sweet to have a real solid divine item in the challenge.

Give us one devs or we will all boycott the pack (after we get the axe and khopesh of course) ;)

Dlusin
11-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I will laugh when the devs put in a +7 wisdom item, and design it for monks. Then my devines will be sad...

nivarch
12-01-2011, 05:21 AM
New divine gear ? Stop kidding. Divines are the backbone of any raid group, but they shouldn't expect loot. Loot is for DPS only.
When is the last time you've seen a new item you really desired as a divine ? eSands ?

More seriously. Loot for divine is more than needed. I mostly play a divine (and I like to heal) but the lack of goal for loot is depressing (actually I canceled my sub mostly for this).

However I'm against a simple new Wis +7 / Devo IX / Healing lore item. Divines need new kind of bonuses so they have to choose what they really want. Some ideas:
- Exceptional devotion IX
- A new Power/Wizardry/Magi/Archmagi tier (Wizardry X ?)
- An item that would accumulate 1 charge when you cast a heal, you can release all charges and recover 5 sp per charge [note: wouldn't account SLA ;)]
- Maybe a new item with power store to give a bit more options (more options than staff od the petitioneer)
- A weapon (longsword/greatsword) that use wisdom to hit and damage

I purposedly giving only healer options. Caster/Melee options are already commons.

Sarisa
12-01-2011, 06:46 AM
I would like Greater Evocation Focus plus a blue/green slot on something that is NOT a necklace or ring. That's the reason I've run eADQ1 about 80 times and eDQ2 around 70 times trying to get the Robe of Fire shard. Put something else like a Superior Brilliance V clickie, or Radiance Lore, and it'll be a great divine item.

Carpone
12-01-2011, 07:05 AM
What I'd like to see on a divine item:

Conjuration Augmentation IX - Increases effective caster level by two levels for Conjuration spells (that's an additional 2d3+6 for Cometfall and increases effectiveness of Mass Heal and all Mass Cure spells).

TheDearLeader
12-01-2011, 07:15 AM
I would like Greater Evocation Focus plus a blue/green slot on something that is NOT a necklace or ring. That's the reason I've run eADQ1 about 80 times and eDQ2 around 70 times trying to get the Robe of Fire shard. Put something else like a Superior Brilliance V clickie, or Radiance Lore, and it'll be a great divine item.

I'm thinking.. something like the Epic Vambraces of Inner Light (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Vambraces_of_Inner_Light), except not Heavy Armor. Lets make it a helm?

+6 Enhancement Bonus
Charisma +7
Command
Superior Radiance VIII
Radiance Guard
Empty Colorless Augment Slot
Empty Blue Augment Slot

Instead of +6 Enhancement Bonus.. nothing. It's a helm.
Instead of Charisma +7, Wisdom +7
Command? Not really a big deal.
Superior Radiance VIII? Sure, leave as is.
Radiance Guard? I like it.
Empty Colorless? No, I think we've got enough of these.
Empty Blue? Ah... let's make it a Green.
And one more tasty bit wouldn't hurt, would it? Greater Evocation Focus

So...

Epic Coronet of Irian
Helm
Wisdom +7
Superior Radiance VIII
Radiance Guard
Greater Evocation Focus
Empty Green Augment Slot
Description : ???

PNellesen
12-01-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't want a new Devotion item - I want a REAL "Epic" Healing item: Superior Ardor IX clicky with 5 charges which also gives the Quicken Feat when equipped (I would accept it also being exclusive and BtC). Because, you know, a 2000+ HP Mass Heal just isn't enough healing...

Avidus
12-01-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm thinking.. something like the Epic Vambraces of Inner Light (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Vambraces_of_Inner_Light), except not Heavy Armor. Lets make it a helm?

Instead of +6 Enhancement Bonus.. nothing. It's a helm.
Instead of Charisma +7, Wisdom +7
Command? Not really a big deal.
Superior Radiance VIII? Sure, leave as is.
Radiance Guard? I like it.
Empty Colorless? No, I think we've got enough of these.
Empty Blue? Ah... let's make it a Green.
And one more tasty bit wouldn't hurt, would it? Greater Evocation Focus

So...

Epic Coronet of Irian
Helm
Wisdom +7
Superior Radiance VIII
Radiance Guard
Greater Evocation Focus
Empty Green Augment Slot
Description : ???

I like this item. My only problem is that it is a helm, meaning that the only two +7 WIS items in game are helms. Not sure where I could objectively place it somewhere else though, as I think I might be to slanted by my own gear decisions, but I will try. Same item, only make it bracers or boots? I think this on ring slot might be a bit overboard though.

Either way It's not overpowered and it would be nice to have a goal to work towards rather than just farming mats for other toons (once the BtA ingredient change happens that is)

MeatSheild
12-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Not boots! Don't make me take these off for ToD :). Maybe something with some scroll mastery on it.

grodon9999
12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
^^ THIS ^^

There are not enough choices for Wisdom 7 items in game.

/I'll sign that.

Carpone
12-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Not boots! Don't make me take these off for ToD :). Maybe something with some scroll mastery on it.
That would be welcomed too. Combine Scroll Mastery with +20 concentration and/or +5 enhancement Concentration.

Feralthyrtiaq
12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Items with % off of SP cost spells cast like that Staff from that one raid I no longer do.

Or chance when casting heal/cure to proc a second heal/cure maybe at a reduced efficacy like double strike for heal/cure spells.

Or chance when casting heal/cure to proc a slight SP regen effect like the Spellsinger ability.

Just some thoughts from a pasty white, malnourished, socially awkward, slightly creepy basement dwellar.

Combat_Wombat
12-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Items with % off of SP cost spells cast like that Staff from that one raid I no longer do.

a % SP cost reduction only for healing spells anything empower heal works on would be a wonderful addition to the game

also

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ANOTHER +7 WISDOM ITEM PLEASE

DeafeningWhisper
12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
a % SP cost reduction only for healing spells anything empower heal works on would be a wonderful addition to the game

God that would be nice, as it stands right now all I'm missing is my Lorrik Shield, Lorrik sovereign rune and all my gear hunting is done on my main...

Shade
12-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Here you go:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Challenge_reward_items#Blasting_Chime_.28T rinket.29

Sarisa
12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Here you go:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Challenge_reward_items#Blasting_Chime_.28T rinket.29

A valid option, but of course the trinket is almost as bad a spot for something you would want to have equipped most of the time. I should clarify in a slot that doesn't have a ridiculous amount of competition.

redspecter23
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I'd like to see an epic Staff of Divine Power added as a mirror to the epic Staff of Arcane Power. It would be similar except it would have divine augmentation IX and the spell selection would be from a selection of divine spells. The sad part is, depending on what buffs or spells are on it, it could be much more desired by sorcs and artificers, but if the divine augmentation effects enough spells, then it would be a nice effect for clerics/favored souls/paladins/rangers/druids. It could have some very interesting applications for healers. For example if Heal were one of the clickie spells it would allow you to swap between scroll and staff heals as both would be on separate timers, allowing you to save your sp for bigger emergency heals and stretching your pool further without having to rely on SP pots. If Death Ward, mass or true seeing were on, it could free up a spell slot on favored souls that might normally take that.

Thrudh
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
A valid option, but of course the trinket is almost as bad a spot for something you would want to have equipped most of the time. I should clarify in a slot that doesn't have a ridiculous amount of competition.

They need to work on making ALL slots have ridiculous amount of competition...

They should really try to limit any "best in slot" items.

Galeria
12-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Wisdom 7 or anything that reduces SP cost or extends auras or boosts aura healing.

Carpone
12-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see an epic Staff of Divine Power added as a mirror to the epic Staff of Arcane Power. It would be similar except it would have divine augmentation IX and the spell selection would be from a selection of divine spells. The sad part is, depending on what buffs or spells are on it, it could be much more desired by sorcs and artificers, but if the divine augmentation effects enough spells, then it would be a nice effect for clerics/favored souls/paladins/rangers/druids. It could have some very interesting applications for healers. For example if Heal were one of the clickie spells it would allow you to swap between scroll and staff heals as both would be on separate timers, allowing you to save your sp for bigger emergency heals and stretching your pool further without having to rely on SP pots. If Death Ward, mass or true seeing were on, it could free up a spell slot on favored souls that might normally take that.
Divine Augmentation would only affect favored soul and cleric spells, just like Arcane Augmentation only affects wizard and sorcerer spells.

LeLoric
12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
They need to work on making ALL slots have ridiculous amount of competition...

They should really try to limit any "best in slot" items.

There will always be a "best in slot". Unless they make items that are exactly the same.

That said they have done a good job of making gearsets overall much more diverse compared to the lev 16 cap where everyone was geared the exact same even amongst different classes.

Carpone
12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
There will always be a "best in slot". Unless they make items that are exactly the same.
Turbine could do a much better job with "best in slot for the situation" instead of having Litany of the Dead being the defacto trinket for everything.

LeLoric
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Turbine could do a much better job with "best in slot for the situation" instead of having Litany of the Dead being the defacto trinket for everything.

I only have litany as absolute best for caster types anymore.

redspecter23
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Divine Augmentation would only affect favored soul and cleric spells, just like Arcane Augmentation only affects wizard and sorcerer spells.

I was assuming it would also effect ranger, paladin and theoretically druid spells as well. The comment about it being desired by arcane casters had more to do with the fact that both sorcs and artificers could UMD it quite easily and get access to spells they normally would have little or no access to such as a lv 20 death ward, restoration or heal. Of course some of those are available in scroll form, but the mechanics of staves now use your caster level so if I'm not mistaken the spells would have increased dice and duration in many cases. The divine augmentation would have no effect on them, but the other features of the staff could still be quite desirable. It would be great in the hands of a divine, but still useful for many other classes. It would be a very versatile item which this game could use more of.

LordPiglet
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Lets really scrape the bottom of the barrel here.

How about at least a Greatsword maybe?

No ****

Aelonwy
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Agreed. New Divine Caster gear badly needed.

Carpone
08-11-2012, 10:20 AM
U11 Challenges: No divine gear.
U14 Challenges: No divine gear.
U15 Challenges: No divine gear.

Feather_of_Sun, please consider adding a healer-focused cloak as a challenge reward in U15. It's a simple and quick way fill the current itemization gap:

Cloak of the Bear: Tank/defensive cloak.
Cloak of the Wolf: Melee DPS/offensive cloak.
Cloak of the Dragon: Caster DPS/offensive cloak.
Does not exist: Healer/defensive cloak.

A named epic item combining Devotion and Healing|Arcane Lore is sorely missing for Rangers, DPS Paladins, melee Favored Soul and melee Cleric characters. A more in-depth analysis is posted here: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4636705&postcount=11

Thank you.

Matuse
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Cloak of the Spider:
Spellcasting Implement +18
Devotion +102
Major Healing Lore
Light Resistance +20