PDA

View Full Version : New console command: /ignore

ice584
11-30-2011, 02:09 PM
I would like to see a new command called /ignore (or otherwise appropriately named) and/or some modifications to the current /squelch command.

When adding someone to your list via /ignore, it would be able to:
- ignore all messages from that person including: tells, guild, party, and general
- prevent them from joining your parties (so that you can't invite them via name)
- prevent them from seeing your groups in their social panel
and most importantly...
- prevent you from joining groups they are in
- remove groups that they are in from your social panel

More times than I would like to admit, I have joined an LFM not realizing that someone from my squelch list was in the group, and/or allowed someone in my group that was on my squelch list. It would be nice if the squelch command and/or a new command could provide a functionality that could prevent that from happening.

Thanks

MatrimDaved
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
/ignore and /squech are the same command aren't they ???

ice584
11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
/ignore and /squech are the same command aren't they ???

Regardless, there isn't a command that provides the functionalities that I'm talking about AFAIK.

But in line with your thinking, if they could simply create some additional flags to the /squelch command to provide these functions, that would be great too.

Jaid314
11-30-2011, 03:41 PM
funny. i've had people i've squelched send tells to others asking to get off my squelch list so they can join my group.

(which requests i denied. i put people on my squelch group for a reason, after all).

the main functionality i want is account-wide squelching. at the very least, my squelch list should be shared across my whole account. ideally, it will also squelch the other guy's entire account as well.

ice584
11-30-2011, 03:57 PM
funny. i've had people i've squelched send tells to others asking to get off my squelch list so they can join my group.
I suppose it is possible that they were lying, just to try and get you to remove them from your squelch list. I'll see if I can test this.

the main functionality i want is account-wide squelching. at the very least, my squelch list should be shared across my whole account. ideally, it will also squelch the other guy's entire account as well.
These are both great ideas. I'd definitely support these too.

jkep1337
12-01-2011, 12:45 AM
I had originally thought that putting someone on your squelch list automatically did all the things Ice mentioned, but found out that I was still ending up getting the same people in my groups. Since then, I have to remember the bad party members' names in order to avoid them. Squelching someone should allow me to forget my bad experience with someone, not force me to remember it.

I agree with Ice /signed

Ungood
12-01-2011, 07:43 AM

It used to, but that lead to people /squelch and then checking who all the alts of the other person were. (IE: Greif) so, it does not do that anymore.

While I am down with an account effect squelch list, it would be ideal is your /squelch list only possess the name of the character you squelched, but would squelch the entire account, (IE: it would not list the names of any alts).

That I could get behind.

ice584
12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
that lead to people /squelch and then checking who all the alts of the other person were.
I can understand this. Makes sense why they wouldn't want it to be an account-wide squelch.

it would be ideal is your /squelch list only possess the name of the character you squelched, but would squelch the entire account
The only problem I see with this is that you could end up in a group where you couldn't hear someone and would be unable to figure out why, since your squelch list would not contain their name. Rather than that, I would be satisfied with just adding the one character you specified. On the flip side, the squelch list that you're building should definitely be account-wide.

Silverwren
12-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Personally, I use a couple of old inventions from an age gone by to keep track of people I don't want to quest with. You might remember them. They're called: Pencil and Paper. :D

azrael4h
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Personally, I use a couple of old inventions from an age gone by to keep track of people I don't want to quest with. You might remember them. They're called: Pencil and Paper. :D

Where can I download that? ;)

(yes, I'm being silly)

Cyr
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
/signed OP

Another nice one would be a little message box coming up when the party leader is inviting someone new to the group who is on people's squelch lists already in the party...

"This person is on X players in your parties /squelch or /ignore lists. Do you still wish to invite them?"