PDA

View Full Version : New crafting recipes

BoBo2020
11-30-2011, 01:27 PM
I was wondering when (if?) there will be any updates to the Cannith crafting system.

Cannith crafting seems to be stagnating, and I have not found many who are actively leveling due to the apparent lack of new developments in this area.

Here is a partial list of properties that are missing / cannot be crafted:

All +15 skill items
Absolute Law
Absolute Chaos
Anti-Magic Runes
Armor +6-8
Banishing
(Any) Blast effect
Boon of Undeath
Chaosguard
Cloudburst
Cold Absorption 33%
Demonic Curse
Demonic Retribution
Demonic Shield
Disruption
Dodge +3
Dodge +4
DR
Elasticity
Exceptional Fortification
Exceptional Skills
Exceptional Stats
Fleshmaker
Force
Force Burst
Giant Slayer
Guild Slots
Healing Amplification 10%
Healing Amplification 20%
Healing Amplification 30%
Heightened Awareness
Intercession Ward
Natural Armor +4
Natural Armor +5
Paralyzing
Power Store
Race Restrictions
Returning
Screaming
Shatter +10
Sirroco
Smiting
Special Guard Effects
Spell clickies (jump, rage, dimension door, etc.)
Spell Focus Mastery
Stats +7
Striding 30%
Stunning +10
Tchurvul's Touch
Transform Kinetic Energy
Treason
UMD
Monk Unarmed die increases
Unholy Burst
Vertigo +10
Vorpal

Can any of the Devs comment on whether or not there are still plans to increase Cannith crafting options and if so, when?

TheDearLeader
11-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes please! :) My crafter agrees.

Also, as has been stated, formulas that already exist, but with alternate versions of them with different material costs. The higher a crafting level you have, the cheaper it should be to make! :)

Galeria
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Also missing:

Superior Potency V
Superior Potency VI

Havok.cry
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I believe righteousness is also missing a recipe, and screaming has one I thought?

crimsonrazac
11-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Action boost enhancement

Screaming shards exist.

crimsonrazac
11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Double

Carpone
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
I've asked this question numerous times without getting a developer response. Hope you have better luck.

Aelonwy
12-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes please new crafting level cap with more recipes from randomly generated gear at least.

Ex. Higher striding, skills +15, force, etc.

Victor_1
12-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Also some craftable clickies would be nice, Exp Retreat(ml5) clicky 3ch/day anyone? :)

lethargos
12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
There are lots of effects that are missing that should stay that way. You sholdnt be able to craft everything. What would be the point in named items and ie. dt armour then ?

They could add the missing more powerful effects you can find in random loot.

Redicular
12-05-2011, 12:56 AM
problem with some effects is cannith crafted gear(if crafted from a blank) is -1 min level of lootgen gear, not too bad since it all binds except for one minor note.

ranged weapons don't need a +, ammo can cover that for it. caster weapons don't need a +, they never have to melee with them

not needing even a +1 means a craftable version will be three levels below a lootgen version(or -1 vs race restricted)

not saying they shouldn't expand, but take some care before adding a bunch of power creep into the game, and further expanding the power difference between twinks/TRs and newbies

no one wants to read the forum post of a new player who was kicked from parties for not having +6 stat gear at level 10.

+15 skill needs to be craftable, +25/30 striding as well, force... I'd LIKE to keep force as a named/handwrap only effect, but that's cause i love monks. truthfully it should be lootgen on everything already, and therefore should be craftable.

I've played mmo's where every effect is craftable, its not a good thing when the best loot in the raid is the crafting ingredients.

Scraap
12-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Here is a partial list of properties that are missing / cannot be crafted:
All +15 skill items
Armor +6-8
Banishing
Cold Absorption 33%
Disruption
DR
Force
Force Burst
Guild Slots
Paralyzing
Returning
Screaming
Shatter +10
Smiting
Spell clickies (jump, rage, dimension door, etc.)
Striding 30%
Stunning +10
Vertigo +10
Vorpal

Agreed that far at least, since those all show up on randomized items.

Race Restrictions are covered by the ((enchantment mod)x2)-1) bit by and large.
Screaming I've made personally.
Treason likewise is in the list.
Special Guard Effects... I'd settle for even normal guard effects on cloaks and shields instead of just armor.

Grenada
12-05-2011, 02:29 AM
I like how you stuck dodge +4 in there. Now, if that were to become a craft-able effect on rings, I'd have to start leveling crafting on a toon or two.

aerendhil
12-05-2011, 04:44 AM
NO.

Raid items should keep their unique effects.

butcheredspirit
12-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Also missing

Greater Spell Focus Abjuration

Qezuzu
12-05-2011, 08:00 AM
NO.

Raid items should keep their unique effects.

Agreed. Some of these effects should remain exclusive to raid items.

danotmano1998
12-05-2011, 08:08 AM
While I agree that Cannith crafting could use a little more fleshing out, overall I'm very happy with the system.

+1 to the company that gives me a search bar on crafting items, pulls what it needs from my bags automatically, and makes being a low level TR so much more easy because I can craft virtually every little goodie I can think of without paying inflated AH prices.

Zzevel
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Agreed that far at least, since those all show up on randomized items..

THIS, if i is not a random property it should not have business being in the crapting.

Thrudh
12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
THIS, if i is not a random property it should not have business being in the crapting.

Dodge +1 and +2 is already in the list, and that doesn't show up randomly.

InsanityIsYourFriend
12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
There are lots of effects that are missing that should stay that way. You sholdnt be able to craft everything. What would be the point in named items and ie. dt armour then ?

They could add the missing more powerful effects you can find in random loot.

WELL GS/DT/Epic/Alchemical/named have more effects than they should most of the time, or are different for reason
Breeze for example its atk/dmg are based on dex, you CAN NOT craft that
GS you have the +5 you have the T1 the T2 the T3, (some of which have multiple effects) you have the T2 bonus clickies, you have the T3 powerful thingamajig ~i really dont know what its called~ and thats ML 12 or 11
DT you have the three different effects, the armor bonus, and more
Alchemical is more or less the same as GS
Epic there is just too much to say so ill just say you cant add all that

with cannith crafting you can only have a +enhancement, a prefix, a suffix, metal/wood type, and a guild augment slot if it was already on the item

SO if someone made a pair of +5 Lightning Strike silver-threaded handwraps of vampirism would it be better than a GS lit 2? no, sure you cant get a GS lit 2 handwraps but thats what cannith crafting is for, getting stuff that is unreasonably hard to get with easier to get materials ~or so they seem~
you can make a +5 adamantine greatsword, is it better than Epic Blade of Night? probably not

Ravoc-DDO
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
How about craftable crit profile augmentation recipes, or a deadly weapons-like "+1" effect?

Aelonwy
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
All I want is whats already available on random loot, which includes some opening up of the sometimes arbitrary restrictions of what enchantments go on what item. Last time I looked I couldn't cannith craft a helm with improved devotion on it but i can get a random loot one in the pawn or AH. Please correct me if they've changed it.