PDA

View Full Version : TR for more AP's...

WangChi
11-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Got to thinking about TR'ing my first life rogue, and it struck me that the hassle of going through a TR should have some AP benefits for the class you are TR'ing from. My idea is thus:

For every 6 class levels you have in a class which you have a past life, you earn an additional bonus AP.

18 fighter / 2 rogue with 1 fighter PL gets 3 additional AP.
18 fighter / 2 rogue with 3 fighter PL gets 9 additional AP.

Not "game breaking", but certainly makes trudging through multiple TR's more rewarding.

Kwyjibo
11-28-2011, 12:02 PM
So my now capped sorc that went thru 12 lives would have how many "bonus" action points?

And how about TR fiends that have more lives than that on a single toon? :eek:

I'd say a bit OP in the end.

WangChi
11-28-2011, 12:13 PM
So my now capped sorc that went thru 12 lives would have how many "bonus" action points?

And how about TR fiends that have more lives than that on a single toon? :eek:

I'd say a bit OP in the end.

How many Sorc Past Lives did you stack? From the wiki, the max you could stack is 3. That would mean 9 bonus AP, 1 AP per 6 levels of a class for which you took the PL.

20 Sorc with 3 Sorc PL's gets 9 bonus AP. The max anyone could get on bonus AP would be 9 using this idea. 9 AP is nice, but not OP.

Talias006
11-28-2011, 11:15 PM
I think the game breaking portion would be those few that just shortly after pushing Artificers out, were already into their 3rd life of Artificer.

Not to mention the multi-Completionists out there. A 3x Completionist would get 108 bonus APs, and that's just a possible sum.

There are some people I've met who are/were grinding out their 10th life. That's 27 AP bonus right there for 9 passive Past Life's.

That's too much of a bonus in addition to already being more powerful in stats and earlier gear accumulation.

Next!

Kwyjibo
11-28-2011, 11:26 PM
For every 6 class levels you have in a class which you have a past life, you earn an additional bonus AP.

Yea I misread this to say that for every class in which you had past lives...not the way you meant it which is for every six class levels of your char's current life in which you have past lives...

The 9 extra would be handy.