Greater fire resistance

Elemental rapier of air

2d6 base
+5 enhancment
shocking burst
screaming
improved roaring
greater sirocco dc 35 reflex
Slicing winds (rare proc to do slashing dmg to target over several seconds)
Greater Lightning resistnace

Elemental Khopesh of Water

2d8 base
+5 enhancement
icy burst
imp paralyzing
crushing wave (lists this twice actually)
Freezing Ice
Greater Cold Resistance

Elemental Long Bow of Earth

+5 enhancement
Acid Burst
Greater Acid arrow (2-8 every two seconds)
Greater Stone Prison
Improved Destruction
Disintegrate
Greater Acid Resistance

All 4 gain a colorless slot and +6 on tier two and a red on tier 3

Thrudh
11-28-2011, 11:45 AM
They need the opposite greater resists on those...

Putting greater fire resist on a weapon that has a bunch of fire effects is pointless. You're not going to be using that weapon against fire-based critters, and cold-based critters aren't going to attack you with fire...

It should be:
2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater cold resistance

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Can also trade in excess Epic collectibles for Epic dungeon tokens.

Normal collectibles can be swapped for minor xp/slayer/crafting/reknown boosts or vendor bought potions.

Also collectibles can now be used to purchase a crafting ingredient satchels of various sizes.

TheDearLeader
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
The Screenshots weren't good enough?

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/DDO%20Items/ScreenShot01029.jpghttp://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/DDO%20Items/ScreenShot01028.jpghttp://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/DDO%20Items/ScreenShot01030.jpghttp://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/Landar/DDO%20Items/ScreenShot01031.jpg

Tier 2 - +6 Enhancement Bonus, Colorless Slot
Tier 3 - Red Slot

Yes, the Khopesh says "Crushing Wave" twice.

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
The Screenshots weren't good enough?

Thanks for the screenies but this thread was already up before you posted those dont get too upset man.

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Quick comparison of the rapier to a radII rapier on 0 fort no resistance bosses

Rad II: 30.050+1.25*x where x=str mod + additional dmg modifiers

New rapier with +7 enhancement minus slicing winds: 26.250+1.25*x

So depending on the dmg winds does its probably going to be slightly ahead of the rad two if fully upgraded and +7 slotted and sonic is rarely resisted and lightning is often better than fire. However there is no save on the blinding for a rad II and it's useful to tr'ing.

badbob117
11-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh wow. I want those weps! the pack may see a boost in activity now!

Thanks for info guys. lookin forward to this patch. looks like a good one!

Ayseifn
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM

Normal collectibles can be swapped for minor xp/slayer/crafting/reknown boosts or vendor bought potions.

Also collectibles can now be used to purchase a crafting ingredient satchels of various sizes.
How many collectables per pot/epic token?

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Another comparison

New greataxe versus epic xuum.

Assumptions both upgraded to +7, improved crit, seeker 10

assumed values for rare procs

Incineration: 2% 284 average dmg Greater incineration: 4% 284 average dmg

Magma Surge: 2% 120 average dmg

firega: 48.610+1.15*x

exuum: 45.13+1.5*x

once again x=additional dmg modifiers and 1.5 str mod

exuum will outdps the greataxe once x>10

Greataxe has more base dmg though and this favors both kensai and frenzied beserkers pushing the threshold a little higher but exuum will still fairly quickly bypass it.

Considering the rarity of exuum the fact that the two are even in the same ballpark is pretty bad please devs upgrade the exuum.

TheDearLeader
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
How many collectables per pot/epic token?

300 Collectables = 1 Epic Dungeon Token.
5 Collectables = 1 Epic Dungeon Token Fragment.

Avidus
11-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Putting greater fire resist on a weapon that has a bunch of fire effects is pointless. You're not going to be using that weapon against fire-based critters, and cold-based critters aren't going to attack you with fire...

It should be:
2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater cold resistance

Exactly this ^^

As it stands now the resists could have been left off completely and it wouldn't make a difference.
Swap the resists to the opposite element and you have fairly desirable, if still situational, weapons.

Just my opinion of course...

Scraap
11-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Initial impressions:

It's good to see some cc for melee, though putting improved paralizing (on-hit, will) on a khopesh vs the greater stone prison (on vorpal, fort) on the bow seems a bit backwards. I'm thinkin either flip em, so the lower damage end is better suited to control, or tone the paralysis on down to hamstring.

On a purely positive note, it's great to see more use of non-multiplied on-crit effects on high crit-range weapons like the rapier. We need more of that when it comes to expanding weapon utility depth.

Sadly, Improved destruction is still stuck at a 4-stack from testing with a crafted weapon.

Oh, and Epic tokens for epic mats? Very very nice.

maddmatt70
11-28-2011, 12:56 PM
The bow is better then alchemical 3 earth really which is disappointing in my opinion.

TheDearLeader
11-28-2011, 12:57 PM
The bow is better then alchemical 3 earth really which is disappointing in my opinion.

Hey man, at 1495 points, they've got to do something to try and sell this pack.

Ziindarax
11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Elemental greataxe of fire

2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater fire resistance

Elemental rapier of air

2d6 base
+5 enhancment
shocking burst
screaming
improved roaring

2d8 base
+5 enhancement
icy burst
imp paralyzing
Freezing Ice
Greater Cold Resistance

+5 enhancement
Acid Burst
Greater Stone Prison
Improved Destruction
Disintegrate
Greater Acid Resistance

Nice!

How many mats do those items cost to obtain, and how many more do they take to upgrade?

Ziindarax
11-28-2011, 01:05 PM

By Normal, you mean the normal challenge mats right? If that's the case, I am gonna stock up on a ton of those things EXP and slayer boosters! ;)

grodon9999
11-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Elemental greataxe of fire

2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater fire resistance

Elemental rapier of air

2d6 base
+5 enhancment
shocking burst
screaming
improved roaring

2d8 base
+5 enhancement
icy burst
imp paralyzing
Freezing Ice
Greater Cold Resistance

+5 enhancement
Acid Burst
Greater Stone Prison
Improved Destruction
Disintegrate
Greater Acid Resistance

WOW. My guess is nobody was running this stuff so they REALLY upped the ante.

Bladedge
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Hey man, at 1495 points, they've got to do something to try and sell this pack.

Nope still not convenience to buy this pack. The 5 plus free tokens are are good enough.

They can add other items instead of the usual weapons, armor, accessories.
Where the cosmetic armor, helms, shields, ship amenities, kolbold hirelings.

And once again nothing that whispers, Hay run your cleric got some nice divine gear for you.

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM

I disagree. Tier 3 alchem has earthgrab, acid burst and the aoe dmg blast on 20's and +2 extra con.

This bow has slightly better base dmg (2d8 vs 1d10) although eladrin has talked of upping base dmg for alchem weapons. It has imp destruction and the dot tick dmg thing that isn't all that great.

Dps is almost exactly the same. Alchem is by far the better bow for trash with the earthgrab and there are better bows than either for boss dps. That said it is a little sad that this is in the ballpark once again just because of the effort to obtain versus a tier 3 alchem. Granted tier 2 alchem is also really close, fact is tier three for alchem weapons are really weak.

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Sadly, Improved destruction is still stuck at a 4-stack from testing with a crafted weapon.

even fixed it would only be 4 stacks as improved destruction does -2ac/-2 fort per stack versus -1/-1 for reg destruction. That being said on live they currently only both do -1/-1.

voodoogroves
11-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Yeah - my eye went first to the axe ... then the bow ... then the others aren't bad at all either ... and if these get both a red and a colorless? Well, good times.

Vellrad
11-28-2011, 01:41 PM
F*** weapons.
What with wand bracelets?

hit_fido
11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
But once again... no dwarven axes!

sirgog
11-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Heh, my new Stalwart would kill for a high DPS d-axe that's like that greataxe.

Veriden
11-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Is it me or do they have the elements on some of the weapons wrong?

For example: Archers are often seen to understanding the winds and thus keen on air element, Khopeshes are weapons originating in Egypt a desert place and thus keyed to fire. Rapiers I can see being air but axes strike me more of elemental earth due to dwarves and their keen liking to axes.

Just observation, other than that cool weapons that I'd never use.

hit_fido
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
You know, I can't see why it's beyond the game technology to make this kind of reward item completely "players choice". They did seem to take that direction with the new raid crafting, you can make any base weapon and apply any tiers to it, right? So why go and limit these rewards to just four weapon types? Let us choose the element and the base, so you could make a dwarven axe of fire or water if desired, or hand wraps, or light maces, whatever.

Heh, my new Stalwart would kill for a high DPS d-axe that's like that greataxe.

Auran82
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
You know, I can't see why it's beyond the game technology to make this kind of reward item completely "players choice". They did seem to take that direction with the new raid crafting, you can make any base weapon and apply any tiers to it, right? So why go and limit these rewards to just four weapon types? Let us choose the element and the base, so you could make a dwarven axe of fire or water if desired, or hand wraps, or light maces, whatever.

My acrobat is still a sad panda.

maddmatt70
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Yes, excellent observation. Will we ever see a quality named dwarven war axe in DDO? It has only been 5.5 years.

LeLoric
11-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok did some testing on the slicing winds for the rapier.

4 ticks over 8 seconds

ticks I saw were from 116 low to 136 high

So approximately 125 avg so 500 avg dmg overall

Proc rate didnt seem anywhere out of the ordinary so lets consider a couple choices here.

1.5% chance (same as lightning strike confirmed)

500*.015 7.5 avg dmg per hit

2% chance (same as unconfirmed chance for corrosive salt on ddowiki)

500*.02=10 avg dmg per hit

Compare that to my previous post compared to a rad II rapier which had the rapier above by 3.8 per hit over the new rapier without winds factored in.

So that means this does either 3.7 or 6.2 more dmg per hit over a rad II if either of the above proc rates are real.

Ganak
11-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Nice weapons.

Would someone post what ingredients it takes to make each one please?

dwen
11-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Pack's still 1500 points?

Thought so, fire everyone involved and keep your ghetto epics.

Kmnh
11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey, a two-hander with greater incineration!

That sounds really useful on non-devil content.

Shade
11-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Ok did some testing on the slicing winds for the rapier.

4 ticks over 8 seconds

mmm i only saw 3 tics in pvp, thought didnt test very thouroughly, just a cpl procs

Shade
11-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Is it me or do they have the elements on some of the weapons wrong?

For example: Archers are often seen to understanding the winds and thus keen on air element, Khopeshes are weapons originating in Egypt a desert place and thus keyed to fire. Rapiers I can see being air but axes strike me more of elemental earth due to dwarves and their keen liking to axes.

Just observation, other than that cool weapons that I'd never use.

yes..
Fire on the axe also doesnt make sense from a gameplay standpoint.. Given we already have an epic two hander with incineration (which happens to be severely superior for pretty much anything you can crit)

Gizeh
11-29-2011, 12:30 AM
New toys added to the new pack... so by itself the pack sucks, is no fun and it's too expensive as well?

Shade
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
New toys added to the new pack... so by itself the pack sucks, is no fun and it's too expensive as well?

Theres fun to be had in some of the challenges.. Just still very rough around the edges.

MakeItADouble
11-29-2011, 07:56 AM

Yup, what a bummer. Can we has just one uber purple colored D. axe!

Qezuzu
11-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Theres fun to be had in some of the challenges.. Just still very rough around the edges.

This. The packs are quite entertaining and a lot of the loot is good, it just needs some changes, is all. This patch has many of them, like BtA ingridients (which was obviously a bad move).

There's a lot of potential.

Failedlegend
11-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Hmmm....Khopesh

Here's hoping they add a Bastard Sword and D-Axe

Oh and anyone else wondering whats up with all the lore items...aren't those mostly useless aside from the arty ring (well the lore stuff is useful but the secondary effects don't really mesh with them)

thandros
11-29-2011, 09:44 AM
no No usefull wraps or Docents again )

Yan_PL
11-30-2011, 04:46 PM

It should be:
2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater cold resistance
this. make it happen. make me smile.

oradafu
12-01-2011, 03:33 AM

I agree completely with giving more choices for players.

My acrobat is still a sad panda.

Exactly. The Calomel weapons should have included quarterstaves last time. I stated that before the update went live. Acrobats were the melees left out for that item, since other builds could switch to some other weapon with less penalties than Acrobats.

So I hear that new weapons were added and there's still no quarterstaff for Acrobats in this pack. And as HitFido stated, Dwavern Axes are always neglected in the updates.

Voldomar
12-02-2011, 03:49 AM
So why go and limit these rewards to just four weapon types? Let us choose the element and the base, so you could make a dwarven axe of fire or water if desired, or hand wraps, or light maces, whatever.

Yes, please.
Common sense, devs.

They could even add prototype weapons from Master Artificer as an extra ingredient, in case you want a non-standard elemental weapon.
This gives more variety and more reasons to run MA ( witch are not much atm. Few run and you're set for a long time )

barecm
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM

So you think that....

+6 enhancement
Acid Burst
Greater Stone Prison
Improved Destruction
Disintegrate
Greater Acid Resistance
Colorless Slot
Red Slot

is the same or better than?

3xEarth:

+6
Acid Burst
Greater Stone Prison
Earthgrab
Alchemical Con +2 (20hps)
Acid Blast
Disintergration
Acid Torrent
Red Slot

I admit that the challenge one is cool,very cool and relatively easy to make.... The addition of acid blast and acid torrent puts alchemical tier 3 above challenge tier 3.

Aerendil
12-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Looking at that rapier....

So at T3 level 16, you could have:
+5 weapon, 1d6 damage, shocking burst (1d6 electric; 1d10 on crit), screaming (1d6 sonic), improved roaring (shaken; 2d6 sonic on crit), sirocco, and slicing winds (dmg DoT I presume). Plus a +3 craftable slot - unsure if this can be improved at all, but even at +3 that's enough to throw another effect on (flaming, frost, etc.) plus pure good.

So each hit you're looking at 1d6+5 +1d6 electric +1d6 sonic +1d6 random element from crafting +1d6 pure good.
On crits, which are frequent on a rapier, add in +1d10 electric and +2d6 sonic. Oh, and throw in +1d4 from force critical crafted.

That's a lot of combat spam.

Curious if that's worth it for a Tempest II character, or if the offhand 100% swing rate will be more beneficial to go with a Calomel weapon or that new Khopesh for the higher Crushing Wave proc chance. Hmm...

PS - for those curious, the khopesh now reads to have fire resistance on Llama; and the greataxe now has cold resistance. The rapier still shows lightning resist, and the bow acid resist :/

Riggs
12-04-2011, 01:32 AM

It should be:
2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater cold resistance

thematically it half makes sense, but only half.

You have a weapon enchanted to hold elemental fire - ergo it should also have the power to protect you from that same element (like the old rings of elemental command) - so with the power of fire you could walk into a fire and not get hurt etc.

However the weapon should ALSO give the opposite resist as well. If you are on fire - cold is not going to affect you as much as it would normally no? Even an elemental would/should have resistance to a certain amount of the opposite element - but the elemental would then get double damage that occurs over the resisted amount - once your threshold is passed, water/cold would/should affect a fire much greater after a critical mass, and same once a fire/heat gets past the amount needed to really affect a body of water/ice - it goes overboard.

So an air/earth weapon should have electric/acid resist, and cold/fire weapons cold/fire resist.

Riggs
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM
And yeah being able to pick an element for your weapon of choice would be a lot nicer than being stuck on one. (The level 20 mage crafters making the weapons dont know how to put ice on an axe? or earth on a staff? sheesh)

Seriously - customization is what people want. Getting shafted into narrow choices that many people do not want is getting really old.

danlan
12-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Another comparison

New greataxe versus epic xuum.

Assumptions both upgraded to +7, improved crit, seeker 10

assumed values for rare procs

Incineration: 2% 284 average dmg Greater incineration: 4% 284 average dmg

Magma Surge: 2% 120 average dmg

firega: 48.610+1.15*x

exuum: 45.13+1.5*x

once again x=additional dmg modifiers and 1.5 str mod

exuum will outdps the greataxe once x>10

Greataxe has more base dmg though and this favors both kensai and frenzied beserkers pushing the threshold a little higher but exuum will still fairly quickly bypass it.

Considering the rarity of exuum the fact that the two are even in the same ballpark is pretty bad please devs upgrade the exuum.

The fact that a crafting item is close the rarest epic two hander is so annoying!

Faent
12-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh, and throw in +1d4 from force critical crafted. That's a lot of combat spam.

A rapier benefits more from Force Damage than Force Critical. If you slot Force Crit on this item, you've made a mistake. In fact, Force Damage beats Force Crit on ANY weapon. There is no good reason to slot Force Crit. This is also reflected in the ingredients you need. Force Crit ingredients are much more easily come by.

sirio.gala
12-05-2011, 03:48 AM
2d8 base
+5 enhancement
icy burst
imp paralyzing
Freezing Ice
Greater Cold Resistance

Sigh.
My E-chaosblade is crying.

WruntJunior
12-05-2011, 04:29 AM
That khopesh and bow is delicious....and the rapier ain't bad. If only I could level my TR just doing level 20 challenges so I could make all of this stuff while capping 2 more times.

On the bright side, more and more stuff is coming out to make me only want epic chaos blades because of how awesome they look...and with the scroll change, I may see them soon!

Yan_PL
12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
A rapier benefits more from Force Damage than Force Critical. If you slot Force Crit on this item, you've made a mistake. In fact, Force Damage beats Force Crit on ANY weapon. There is no good reason to slot Force Crit. This is also reflected in the ingredients you need. Force Crit ingredients are much more easily come by.

is that so? let's see, force crit is 1d4 on crit, averaging to 2.5
improved critical = 6/19 hits are critting. 6/19 * 2.5 = 15/19 < 1.

but now, assume we're having seeker +6 on something and exceptional seeker +2 and gloves, but we hit only on 9+.
if we miss on 8 or lower, but have +8 to confirm crits, suddenly half of our successful hits result in crits. 2.5*6/12 = 15/12.

Now, when we consider the fact that rapier is one of fav weapons of finesse dex builds, and you can't raise your dex as high as you can raise your str, question raises: are you able to hit with rapier on attack roll of 5? if so, go with force damage. if not, go with force critical and seeker stuff.

LeLoric
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
is that so? let's see, force crit is 1d4 on crit, averaging to 2.5
improved critical = 6/19 hits are critting. 6/19 * 2.5 = 15/19 < 1.

but now, assume we're having seeker +6 on something and exceptional seeker +2 and gloves, but we hit only on 9+.
if we miss on 8 or lower, but have +8 to confirm crits, suddenly half of our successful hits result in crits. 2.5*6/12 = 15/12.

Now, when we consider the fact that rapier is one of fav weapons of finesse dex builds, and you can't raise your dex as high as you can raise your str, question raises: are you able to hit with rapier on attack roll of 5? if so, go with force damage. if not, go with force critical and seeker stuff.

This is only true if you never progress past the 2nd swing. If you are missing on a 5 or lower for the first two swings you will only miss on a 1 for the 3rd and fourth.

voodoogroves
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Force Critical is/was the hotness when things auto-crit ... but alas ... times gone by ...

LordPiglet
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Force Critical is/was the hotness when things auto-crit ... but alas ... times gone by ...

My maiming rock splitters are still in my exploiters hot bar

xveganrox
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Khopesh looks sort of ridiculous? As someone who is pretty familiar with Improved Paralyzing on Midnight Greetings and the Spy Dagger, I can't help but find putting it on an easy-to-obtain "epic" weapon that uses a base weapon that is widely considered to be overpowered and even more widely considered to be the best one-handed weapon. Does the game really need another epic Khopesh? Up until now, at least you had to grind or run epics to get an alchemical/green steel/chaosblade/dynastic falcata (clearly I jest). I also sort of liked the exclusivity of Improved Paralyzing - up until now it wasn't really available for mainstream builds.

Also I find it odd that there's now a way to get epic tokens without having to deal with a timer. Maybe putting a timer on the epic challenges, like they are on real epics, would make sense.

Just my two cents. Haven't run the challenges a ton yet (haven't bought the pack), although I ran a few in Lamannia and wasn't particularly intrigued.

Scraap
12-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Khopesh looks sort of ridiculous? As someone who is pretty familiar with Improved Paralyzing on Midnight Greetings and the Spy Dagger, I can't help but find putting it on an easy-to-obtain "epic" weapon that uses a base weapon that is widely considered to be overpowered and even more widely considered to be the best one-handed weapon. Does the game really need another epic Khopesh? Up until now, at least you had to grind or run epics to get an alchemical/green steel/chaosblade/dynastic falcata (clearly I jest). I also sort of liked the exclusivity of Improved Paralyzing - up until now it wasn't really available for mainstream builds.

You're not alone in that, no. Matter of fact, aside from the odd named epic loot, I can't recall a single paralyzing weapon of any strength that's non-peircing before this, and now they're tossing it to folks in both epic and non-epic form while still leaving the other off the crafting list as they'd explicitly mentioned previously. But hey, not frothing at the mouth about it, so I guess that doesn't count as a valid complaint.

LeLoric
12-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Also I find it odd that there's now a way to get epic tokens without having to deal with a timer. Maybe putting a timer on the epic challenges, like they are on real epics, would make sense.

Just my two cents. Haven't run the challenges a ton yet (haven't bought the pack), although I ran a few in Lamannia and wasn't particularly intrigued.

I am ok with this just because it is an extremely low dps khopesh. It's way worse than a triple water shroud khopesh which I don't see people scrambling to make.

Freezing ice targets fort save which is kinda harsh not to mention you can give this to your good dps weapons with a tier one tunic.

I liken this to something similar to the epic whirlwind or sirroco. Weapons you would throw on if you need CC and the caster just isnt providing enough. He's not ready for the kind of content you are running or maybe just dc'd. Outside of that theres just not much reason to equip this thing.

sirgog
12-06-2011, 02:11 AM
I am ok with this just because it is an extremely low dps khopesh. It's way worse than a triple water shroud khopesh which I don't see people scrambling to make.

Freezing ice targets fort save which is kinda harsh not to mention you can give this to your good dps weapons with a tier one tunic.

I liken this to something similar to the epic whirlwind or sirroco. Weapons you would throw on if you need CC and the caster just isnt providing enough. He's not ready for the kind of content you are running or maybe just dc'd. Outside of that theres just not much reason to equip this thing.

It's still much higher DPS than the other Improved Paralyzing weapons that are out there (except eMG on certain builds). Improved Paralyzing is outstanding when used against low Will save foes in Epics - even if they fail on a 2 and save on a 3 (and many foes in epics have Will saves of 22 or less), Improved Paralyzers are very potent.

This isn't a weapon for speedruns. It's a weapon for Epics where you aren't certain of success, which isn't rare in PUGs. In addition I'm seeing more melees swinging Cursespewing weapons (and spamming Imp Sunder) these days in Epics to assist medium DC casters in landing Wails - if something is Cursespewed or ImpCursespewed, Imp Paralyzing is even better.

LeLoric
12-06-2011, 03:21 AM
It's still much higher DPS than the other Improved Paralyzing weapons that are out there (except eMG on certain builds). Improved Paralyzing is outstanding when used against low Will save foes in Epics - even if they fail on a 2 and save on a 3 (and many foes in epics have Will saves of 22 or less), Improved Paralyzers are very potent.

This isn't a weapon for speedruns. It's a weapon for Epics where you aren't certain of success, which isn't rare in PUGs. In addition I'm seeing more melees swinging Cursespewing weapons (and spamming Imp Sunder) these days in Epics to assist medium DC casters in landing Wails - if something is Cursespewed or ImpCursespewed, Imp Paralyzing is even better.

This is essentially what I said.

Imp paralyzing is nice but I'd rather have a sirroco or whirlwind for this type of job. Granted those are harder to get so they should be better.

For mob debuffing the new rapier is really nice with roaring and its a much higher dps weapon than this khopesh.

oradafu
12-06-2011, 03:35 AM
You're not alone in that, no. Matter of fact, aside from the odd named epic loot, I can't recall a single paralyzing weapon of any strength that's non-peircing before this, and now they're tossing it to folks in both epic and non-epic form while still leaving the other off the crafting list as they'd explicitly mentioned previously. But hey, not frothing at the mouth about it, so I guess that doesn't count as a valid complaint.

If you are talking named loot, the Breeze used to have Paralyzing but that is no longer the case.

If you are lumping in randomly generated weapons, I can assure you that Paralyzing appears on most if not all of them. I know I've had quarterstaves, falchions, and longswords besides rapiers and shortswords which contained paralyzing that were random loot.

krogyy
12-06-2011, 06:44 AM

It should be:
2d12 base dmg
+5 enhancement
Flaming Burst
Brilliance
Metalline
Greater incineration
Magma Surge
Greater cold resistance

actually it seems to be the case for the lvl16 verions, but only for the greataxe and khopesh.

Scraap
12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
If you are lumping in randomly generated weapons, I can assure you that Paralyzing appears on most if not all of them. I know I've had quarterstaves, falchions, and longswords besides rapiers and shortswords which contained paralyzing that were random loot.

If you've seen a falchion, then I stand corrected as far as it being limited to low-crit-profile weapons sets (I'd recalled wraps after that post). So it isn't unprecedented. Just irritating as all heck that the most 'sacrifice' a full bore dps specced character would have to make vs a defensive one is switching an offhand weapon.

TheDearLeader
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
If you've seen a falchion, then I stand corrected as far as it being limited to low-crit-profile weapons sets (I'd recalled wraps after that post). So it isn't unprecedented. Just irritating as all heck that the most 'sacrifice' a full bore dps specced character would have to make vs a defensive one is switching an offhand weapon.

Paralyzing can appear on anything. Also, Paralyzing is an on-hit, not on-crit, enhancement, so Crit profile seems rather strange to bring up.

Scraap
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Paralyzing can appear on anything. Also, Paralyzing is an on-hit, not on-crit, enhancement, so Crit profile seems rather strange to bring up.

Kinda occupied at present, so perhaps explaining it poorly.

On hit effects balance out multiplied spike effects when used properly, just as high frequency spikes balance out vs high multiplier spikes given the proper effects, as I'd mentioned earlier with the rapier and it's on-crit, but non-multiplied effects, since that shows off the frequency-of-crit profile there.

Shoving on-hit effects on top of heavily spiking weapon profiles throws that out of whack, since it has the least amount of downside.

That clearer?