PDA

View Full Version : Race Change Heart of Wood

R0cksteady
11-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Probably going to get shot down, but I think it would be a great idea. I know it would bring back one of my never used characters.

I have a fighter that was TRed (third life) back in July, into a half orc. I didn't really NEED to TR, but Horc fighters are slightly better than WF fighters, and it was my favorite toon so I wanted to keep it in top shape. Then, soon after, the changes to damage boost are announced. So I had just TRed into a race that is now not even close to the best in class, especially for TWF. And while I already HATE the TR grind, the toon has STILL yet to be leveled, because I know I'll just want to TR it again into a half elf. I'm not willing to go through that pain, even though I already have tons of epic gear and ToD sets, green steel and gear galore sitting in it's TR bank.

I think a race change heart of wood that would allow lesser reincarnation and a race change would be a great addition to help out the people in similar situations and don't want to spend months grinding levels (Days, weeks, months depending on the person, months for me).

sirgog
11-24-2011, 07:30 PM
/signed.

Whether you want to race change for power reasons or other reasons, IMO it should be part of a Greater Heart of Wood.

B0ltdrag0n
11-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Tentatively I agree. There should be a Race Change option in the store. Nearly everything else can be 'fixed' in such a manner.

Rheebus
11-26-2011, 07:09 AM
/signed

Although, this would probably mean I would no longer TR my characters! So far, changing race has been the most compelling reason to take on another life. If I can race change without the grind, there's little temptation for the True Reincarnate.

Honestly, it seems silly that you can change just about everything about your character except your race when reincarnating but the race and gender are still locked in. Don't get me started on the gender thing. My wf wizard is female because of her original life. The noises she makes when she gets hit are hilarious! She's just a little drow girly at heart, newly improved with a big wooden face.

Failedlegend
11-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Yes DEFINATELY /signed

I was very upset when I went to LR my Warforged Wizard (Lvl 18) into a fleshy because I wanted to actually look like a wizard (ie. Actually wear a robe) to discover that I can change everything BUT race for some starange reason so I deemed it not worth it so instead I ran my guy through some Epics with some willing guild mates (I was not in the condition to be doing epics) so I could trade them in for a TR.

IMO it should be part of a Greater Heart of Wood.

I'd be in favor of this as long as the lesser version CLEARLY states it doesn't give you an option to change race

Alternatively the could have Least, Lesser (Add Race Change) & Greater (Add Rae Change & 32pt) w/ Lesser TP cost being somewhere between Least and Greater.