PDA

View Full Version : Less power more fun (about guild ship amenities)

alvarego
11-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Hello,

well this is gonna probably sent me to a very very flamy hell, woot? less power? are you mad?!? ... might be, just recently I TRed and as a challenge I left guild so I would not enjoy all those shocking rays from kobold shamans and the lovely firestrikes in their glorious power, also pay attention to your hitroll and AC ... no ability increases, etc etc, all those things that makes life so nice and easy, the final result is that somehow those old quests became more interesting as you had to be watchful to keep yourself alive, not just zerg like mad laughing at the desperate tries of little kobolds ...

So what's the idea? making the guild amenities not only dependant of guild level but also dependant on your level, in example those lovely 30 resi shrines should give you only 10 up to lvl 9, then 20 from 10 to 12, and 30 from 13, the idea is tunning all the amenities down, 2 hitroll dummy would give you just 1 up to level 10, from 11 just the normal 2 ... same for ability shrines, same for hobgoblin, dwarf, deneith, phiarlan, etc etc ...

As a side effect, well everyone is complaining about the lack of healers, in my personal experience one of the things that most brings me down when playing cleric is how people just want you to act as a hireling, heal me heal me ... and seems like people in unable to wait for buffing, well this way at least the resistance spell and some other like bless/aid might get some new fans

What do you think of this?

*hides behind his tower shield and press shift waiting for the flames of hell* :D

d1mitri
11-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I dislike ship buff and only use them in high difficulty quests. I kind of frown on people who need to ship buff for everything.

And yeah, they do make low level quests way too easy.

Stergan
11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
While I wouldn’t mind this change(if Turbine feels that the amenities are OP, which I doubt) I don’t want devs to spend their time on things like this.

I think the game as a whole would be better suited if more time was spent on bug fixes instead. As I'm sure has been/will be pointed out to you, there are plenty of options to make the game harder/how it used to be.

As far as what I want my cleric/FvS to do in a non-raid quest, I would prefer that they use their character to their full potential.
Do I want you to heal me in the midst of combat so I don’t die? Yes

Do I want you to cast command, Blade barrier, Divine Punishment, commit fall, destruction, and Implosion? You bet your ass I do.

Do I want you to melee monsters if that is what your build for? For sure.

The thing is, almost all toons are good at two things whether that be CC, DPS, traps, buffs, or heals.

Psiandron
11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I think its a pretty interesting idea. Already precedent for it as that's the way most spell buffs work; in relation to caster level at least. It certainly wouldn't be gutting the ship buffs, but it would tone them down a bit.

alvarego
11-15-2011, 10:10 PM
I don’t want devs to spend their time on things like this.

I think the game as a whole would be better suited if more time was spent on bug fixes instead.

/signed

PS: but ... that's not what the idea is about :p

Bilger
11-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I see where ya are coming from but /not signed.

You don't need ship buffs for any content in this game it was easy before we had them and is a bit easier now.

Seriously, it isn't needed if don't like them don't use them it is as easy as that.

I like them and use them all the time. Do I need them? No, but it's nice bonus to have.