PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the crafting already

Lagin
11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Seriously, the balance & game mechanics are out of control. :eek:

If a majority of Turbine staff play this game AND PnP, then you all should be aware that there are only so many ways to make PB&J sandwich!
And instead of balancing this game properly you gave us yet another form of crafting.

(before you reply people there are LOTS of game mechanics, Im talking about the loot tables)

I did some looking into the numbers about this, the results may surprise you all.

I have managed to use simple math to add up all the recipes, weapons, items & forms of crafting we have.

~

11 forms of crafting w/ 950 combinations (& counting)

11 forms of crafting?. You (the devs) have spent enough man-power on developing and writing the code for all of these, instead trying to balance what you already had!

OVER 950 combinations! If you (the devs) spent that much time & effort developing new content to utilize these items/ weps, then YOU wouldn't be scrambling trying to design content (especially high lvl end-game) that can accommodate the UBER toons we are capable of out-fitting.

The saving grace (if there is one) is that named items/ weps & artifacts have stayed somewhat in balance.
~
Question: Does this issue make the game unplayable?
Ans: No.

Don't get me wrong, I like shinies & twinked gear as much as the next player, but it's over-kill right now.

~

The design team has proven they can pump out good content. And in no way do I knock that effort, in fact I applaud you for some of the stuff you've given us.

House C is the most D&D like setting yet! Gratz Kudos all that!

The solution can't be achieved by dismantling what already is in place. It can only be "eased" by NOT introducing any more for quite some time!

Hoglum
11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
House C is the most D&D like setting yet!

Yeah, invading the robot factory reminds me of all my childhood Dnd games.

Or like when the Empire invaded the Hoth system. Ahh, those good ole Dnd settings.

Rakian_Knight
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
*Take two since the DDO forums desided to log me out.

Firstly, the game doesn't have that many crafting systems in it however, it has a ton of upgrade systems that they like to call crafting because crafting sounds better. The only real crafting systems we have are Cannith, Alchemical (House C raid not stone of change), Greensteel, and Dragontouched. Everything else is simply an upgrade system, and even so DDO has enough "crafting" to support all of its players at least until they fix most of the stuff that needs fixing.

The game is falling apart and its about time that the devs need to stop with the new content and fix the major issues before they all loose their jobs because no one can play the game anymore.

And don't get me started on how much the steampunk house C they have doesn't belong in Eberron.

muffinlad
11-15-2011, 06:05 PM
The systems, and sub systems, combinations and storage space required is really really overkill.

I wanted a system where we could use collectibles in crafting...but this has gone way too far.

A streamlining is in order. Please.

muffinjunkman