PDA

View Full Version : Shroud end chest reward suggestion

Silverwren
11-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Well, U12 has been released and, judging from the sheer amount of threads on the Shroud, it appears to be more difficult to make it through part 4. Now, I know that we all have to make adjustments to this new and "improved" Shroud, but I think we can all agree that getting to the end and getting those large Greensteel mats has been made more difficult.

So the developers now give us a list of small and medium mats to choose from for an end reward. I say, "Meh". Small and medium mats can be obtained by just running the Shroud to part 3 and then quitting. So here's my suggestion:

More large mats! Instead of just one of the end chests containing a large mat, BOTH should. If you run it on hard, all three should, and if elite, all four. The rewards should reflect the risks. If it is going to be more difficult to get large mats, then when you DO get them, there should be more of them. I feel this is a fair trade off.

How do YOU feel about this?

BruceTheHoon
11-14-2011, 07:34 AM
How do YOU feel about this?

COMIC SAAAAAAANNS!! (http://www.explosm.net/comics/2301/)
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50515_121200551286548_1138267_n.jpg

Silverwren
11-14-2011, 08:42 AM
COMIC SAAAAAAANNS!! (http://www.explosm.net/comics/2301/)
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50515_121200551286548_1138267_n.jpg

Yeah, I like to mix things up every now and again.

varusso
11-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Umm...they already do that. Each of the end chests can have larges. Also, the chests from part 4 can have larges. The end reward list having smalls is ****, though, and should be adjusted.

BTW, shroud isnt so much HARDER...it just requires using a bit of strategy and teamwork, rather than just brute forcing it. See my sig for a detailed walkthrough on post-u12 part 4.

Silverwren
11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Umm...they already do that. Each of the end chests can have larges. Also, the chests from part 4 can have larges. The end reward list having smalls is ****, though, and should be adjusted.

BTW, shroud isnt so much HARDER...it just requires using a bit of strategy and teamwork, rather than just brute forcing it. See my sig for a detailed walkthrough on post-u12 part 4.

As far as I know only one of the two end chests (if you do it on normal) has a large mat. The other never does. The chests at the end of part 4 are similar in that there's a 50% chance that ONE of them will have a large mat.

I meant even more than just those two. I was suggesting that ALL of the end chests have large mats in them. For example, if you're running Shroud on hard and you make it through, then you get three large random mats. It just seems fairer to me than the small and medium mats as the end reward.

On your side note, it IS more difficult now, regardless of tactics. When I get hit by blades while I'm running my wizard and I go from 300 HP to 0 in a second and a half, it's more difficult. When anywhere from 2-6 members of your party die in the first two seconds after Harry appears, it's more difficult. All I'm suggesting is that the compensation be increased because if Shroud was a grind pre-U12 it's even more of one now.

varusso
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
As far as I know only one of the two end chests (if you do it on normal) has a large mat. The other never does. The chests at the end of part 4 are similar in that there's a 50% chance that ONE of them will have a large mat.

I meant even more than just those two. I was suggesting that ALL of the end chests have large mats in them. For example, if you're running Shroud on hard and you make it through, then you get three large random mats. It just seems fairer to me than the small and medium mats as the end reward.

On your side note, it IS more difficult now, regardless of tactics. When I get hit by blades while I'm running my wizard and I go from 300 HP to 0 in a second and a half, it's more difficult. When anywhere from 2-6 members of your party die in the first two seconds after Harry appears, it's more difficult. All I'm suggesting is that the compensation be increased because if Shroud was a grind pre-U12 it's even more of one now.

Like i said, all of them can drop larges. The chests are identical in terms of what they can drop. I have more than once pulled a large out of each of the end chests on norm, including post u12. But seeing as how its a random drop on multiple loot gens, and the drops are relatively rare to begin with, its going to happen (often) that you have only one chest (or none) drop a large mat (or a supreme shard).

Silverwren
11-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Like i said, all of them can drop larges. The chests are identical in terms of what they can drop. I have more than once pulled a large out of each of the end chests on norm, including post u12. But seeing as how its a random drop on multiple loot gens, and the drops are relatively rare to begin with, its going to happen (often) that you have only one chest (or none) drop a large mat (or a supreme shard).

And that's my suggestion: To make large mats a guarantee in all of the end chests, not just a guarantee in one and a chance in the other.