PDA

View Full Version : Quicken

Auran82
11-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Didn't see this elsewhere, but is this fixed in U12?

arjiwan
11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Bump.

Also interested on any updates on this.

It is not just the quickened spells. It also affects your non-quickened ones.

Sometimes, you will be given a free quickened spell animation then it will delay your run speed. Affects gameplay.

Cheers.

Krumm
11-11-2011, 08:21 AM
was not fixed on update 12 live on server currently

:(

Calebro
11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Just don't turn on any of the auto-metas for Quicken, neither on nor off.
As long as all of your spells are set to Standard for Quicken, then all of them work just fine.
You have to toggle Quicken as you need it, but toggling one meta is still a lot easier than toggling all of them like we used to. And it doesn't even really affect they way that you play, because once you turn Quicken on you want all of your spells Quickened anyway. It's all or nothing.
So just leave Quicken on Standard on all of your spells and there isn't a problem.

Darkrok
11-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Just don't turn on any of the auto-metas for Quicken, neither on nor off.
As long as all of your spells are set to Standard for Quicken, then all of them work just fine.
You have to toggle Quicken as you need it, but toggling one meta is still a lot easier than toggling all of them like we used to. And it doesn't even really affect they way that you play, because once you turn Quicken on you want all of your spells Quickened anyway. It's all or nothing.
So just leave Quicken on Standard on all of your spells and there isn't a problem.

This is definitely good advice but I have to disagree with the all or nothing thing.

On my pale master I really only worry about Quicken on a few spells. The aoe death spells (since I often use them in range), Negative Energy Burst (emergency healing), and that's about it (though I toggle it on for Niac's any time I'm not worried about sp's to make sure I don't lose the stack). You're right about the right way to deal with it but I could definitely use the toggle quite a bit with my play style.