PDA

View Full Version : Dev comment about TP in exchange for in-game items please

grayham
11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
There's more and more of these appearing in the market threads as folks are becoming more and more emboldened by the lack of clear comments on this, the ambiguity and contradiction of the the few statements there have been are not helping.

I don't want to start a 'pay2win', 'slippery slope' or any such other debate. I would just like the position clarified. I don't expect to hear anything, and I imagine the number of market posts for this will increase too.

?

Rumbaar
11-04-2011, 04:44 PM
You might want to try the Customer Service area, as it's not really a DDO Store related inquiry.

Also good luck getting any official response.

Adrian99
11-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I think it's fair to say at this point that Turbine has no further comment on the subject. Probably because they're getting paid. Equally noticeable is that the 'pay2win' crowd, who had no end of things to say about +3 tomes in the store, also have no further comment on the subject. Probably because they're getting paid now too. I think that's called win-win.

gloopygloop
11-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I think it's fair to say at this point that Turbine has no further comment on the subject. Probably because they're getting paid. Equally noticeable is that the 'pay2win' crowd, who had no end of things to say about +3 tomes in the store, also have no further comment on the subject. Probably because they're getting paid now too. I think that's called win-win.

Actually, as a member of the "pay2win crowd", I was mostly waiting until Turbine said whether it was allowed or not allowed before voicing our rage or our pleasure at the decision.

I am pretty well disgusted by the fact that Turbine is publicly pretending that this issue doesn't exist. If someone could even come on the forums and publicly post, "we're still making our minds up on this," I'd be happier at this point.

People only get really angry about something when they really care about it. I've stopped getting angry about DDO. I think that's kind of sad.

Yetzederixx
11-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Relevant links are here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4128729#post4128729