PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Favor Unlock in U12...

sacredguyver
11-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Does this mean a price drop on Artificers in the DDO Store?

The Favored Soul class can also be unlocked with favor so they cost 895 Turbine Points.

Will Artificer be the same?

balancetraveller
11-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Yes.

Just letting you hear what you'd like to hear *lol*

Shade
11-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Difference:

Aritificers are going to be VERY difficult to unlock in U12.

Favored Souls? Not that hard, can run nearly nothing elite, just some hards, maybe some elite lowbie stuff over lvl and get it.

150 cannith favor? not for the meek.

Personally im all for a challenge, and a nice reward for doing it..

But I can already see the hordes coming in to complain.

Saravis
11-02-2011, 04:16 AM
There is something I'm curious about with this, what is the minimal cost for buying enough adventure packs to get Favored Soul? I know that you can't get it without buying packs. My point to this is compare this with the cost of packs to get the artificer, which would be 650 (Raid Pack) + 550 (Challenge Pack, I think I saw this listed somewhere) = 1200.

If it turns out the minimal cost of packs is lower for Favored Soul, then its unlikely that Artificer will be lowered to equal the cost of Favored Soul. However, if the cost of packs is lower for the Artificer then it would seem that it would be a good idea to adjust the price of the Artificer to be lower than the Favored Soul.

Just my 2 plat.

QuantumFX
11-02-2011, 04:58 AM
OP - You are expecting too much from Turbine.

wax_on_wax_off
11-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Can't you get into challenge quests without owning the pack? At least on Lam atm even f2p and premiums who don't own it can go into a different challenge every day. I'll be interested to know if it makes it to live that way.

Regarding unlocking it via favour. Has anyone figured out how much favour is available from the Challenge Pack? On a guest pass I've managed to complete U11 flagging quests on elite and the raids on normal and I'm wondering if this will be enough for me to unlock Artificers in U12 if I have access to the challenge pack (one way or another).

Shade
11-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Can't you get into challenge quests without owning the pack? At least on Lam atm even f2p and premiums who don't own it can go into a different challenge every day. I'll be interested to know if it makes it to live that way.
Thats WAI. F2P players get X tokens a day (5 i believe), Premium get 10, VIP get 15?

The reasons Premium and VIP get them, and get more.. Is you can also waste them in the challenges, to unlock bonus items/buffs.

Regarding unlocking it via favour. Has anyone figured out how much favour is available from the Challenge Pack? On a guest pass I've managed to complete U11 flagging quests on elite and the raids on normal and I'm wondering if this will be enough for me to unlock Artificers in U12 if I have access to the challenge pack (one way or another).

U11 Cap:

U12:
Update 12 contains 12 challenges have been introduced to the game with different rewards available. 10 of these challenges have a separate Epic mode, for a total of 22 separate variations across 4 dungeons.

Actaully Lam shows 23 total challenges atm.. Tho I think the 23rd is a fake/trap.

Anyways, each challenge has 5 stars. 1 star = 1 favor. However, if you 5 star a challenge on it's maximum available CR rating, you get a bonus star.. So 6 favor each.

22 x6 = 132 favor
+99
=

Sounds like a lot.. But given the difficulty of 5star'ing some of these, I doubt many, if any at all will max it out.

karl_k0ch
11-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Anyways, each challenge has 5 stars. 1 star = 1 favor. However, if you 5 star a challenge on it's maximum available CR rating, you get a bonus star.. So 6 favor each.

22 x6 = 132 favor
+99
=

Sounds like a lot.. But given the difficulty of 5star'ing some of these, I doubt many, if any at all will max it out.

So, in order to get 150 Cannith Favor, you could run all the U11 Content on Elite (99 Favor), run the 12 regular Challenges with 4 stars (12*4) and get one Star on three of the Epic Challenges (3*1) and you'd end up with exactly 150 Favor.

Alternatively, assuming you are really good with the challenges, you could do all challenges with 4 stars (22*4), and you are lacking 62 Favor, which can be acquired by doing all 3 non-Raid quests from U11 on Elite (57), and doing one of the raids on normal (7). This even allows you to drop to 3 stars on 6 challenges.

Doesn't sound too unrealistic, really.

wax_on_wax_off
11-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Thats WAI. F2P players get X tokens a day (5 i believe), Premium get 10, VIP get 15?

The reasons Premium and VIP get them, and get more.. Is you can also waste them in the challenges, to unlock bonus items/buffs.

U11 Cap:

U12:
Update 12 contains 12 challenges have been introduced to the game with different rewards available. 10 of these challenges have a separate Epic mode, for a total of 22 separate variations across 4 dungeons.

Actaully Lam shows 23 total challenges atm.. Tho I think the 23rd is a fake/trap.

22 x6 = 132 favor
+99
=

Awesome, thank you so much, +1 (not that you care Mr I'm Too Good To Have Reputation Enabled :P jokes).

So, I'm short 28 favour from U11 (raids only on normal and each is worth 21 on elite) = 71.

I need 79 favour from U12 which I can get by 3 staring all and 4 staring 13. Should be fine. I'm glad I've waited :)

Bring on U12! (next week the way I hear it).

Ytteri
11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
There is something I'm curious about with this, what is the minimal cost for buying enough adventure packs to get Favored Soul?

F2P Quests.........1052 Favour.........0 points
Necro Bundle.......357 Favour...........1495 points
Gianthold............216 Favour...........950 points
Sands................210 Favour...........850 points
Vale w/ Sub........207 Favour...........850 points
Amrath...............147 Favour...........650 points
Delera's..............129 Favour...........850 points
VoN...................126 Favour...........750 points
Catacombs..........66 Favour............250 points

Total..................2510 Favour.........6645 points

EDIT: This is just adding all the highest favour packs (and then getting the cheapest pack that would bump me from 2444 to above 2500). You could probably find a cheaper way by looking at the best favour/TP ratios, but I doubt you could get below 6000 points.

quijenoth
11-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Has the 5 star bonus on 1 run been confirmed to give 6 favor? if so that seems pretty poor considering.

I was hoping for double (10) at best and +2 at least.

Atrus
11-02-2011, 12:43 PM
So, in order to get 150 Cannith Favor, you could run all the U11 Content on Elite (99 Favor), run the 12 regular Challenges with 4 stars (12*4) and get one Star on three of the Epic Challenges (3*1) and you'd end up with exactly 150 Favor.

Alternatively, assuming you are really good with the challenges, you could do all challenges with 4 stars (22*4), and you are lacking 62 Favor, which can be acquired by doing all 3 non-Raid quests from U11 on Elite (57), and doing one of the raids on normal (7). This even allows you to drop to 3 stars on 6 challenges.

Doesn't sound too unrealistic, really.

I certainly hope this is the case. AS that seems perfectly fair without being a giveaway. Expecting your average person to do an Elite Lord of the Blades to unlock something is a bit much. As currently most pug groups on Ghallanda are failing more than succeeding on NORMAL!

dunklezhan
11-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Difference:

Aritificers are going to be VERY difficult to unlock in U12.

Favored Souls? Not that hard, can run nearly nothing elite, just some hards, maybe some elite lowbie stuff over lvl and get it.

150 cannith favor? not for the meek.

Personally im all for a challenge, and a nice reward for doing it..

But I can already see the hordes coming in to complain.

As one of the 'hordes' very annoyed about the arti implementation, I can say that I'm not at all annoyed that cannith favour is hard to get. My point was only ever that the promise is that everything can be unlocked in game if it doesn't come free with VIP (e.g. monk, Horc/Helf). Being clearly possible to unlock with favour is my only requirement, and I have the points saved up to drop them more or less on day 1, provided I've finished grinding gear and so on for my TR. They act in a trustworthy manner, I will give them my money. Its that simple.