PDA

View Full Version : Cannot purchase +2 weapons in the DDO Store

Sylvaen
11-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Can anyone help me with some ideas why I would not be able to purchase any +2 weapons? The options for "Quick Buy" and "Add to Cart" are both grayed out with a note under "This item cannot be purchased." I have enough points and I meet the level requirements. It seems to only affect the +2 weapons, those with a level requirement of 4 and higher are purchasable by me.

I feel I should note that I have purchased +2 weapons before on other toons, but this seems to be affecting my account. Creating a new character does not help.

I would appreciate any help or insight. Thank you!

Calebro
11-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Be happy that it won't take your points on a newb trap purchase and carry on with your day.

Sylvaen
11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your respectful assistance.

But I would appreciate it if posters would attempt to answer the question I asked rather than judge me for how I choose to spend my money.

gloopygloop
11-02-2011, 06:29 AM

But I would appreciate it if posters would attempt to answer the question I asked rather than judge me for how I choose to spend my money.

I can't answer why the store is buggy, but if you really want a +2 weapon and you're on Argonessen, send me a PM with your character name and the weapon type you're looking for and I'll mail you one. Please don't encourage Turbine to sell these kinds of vendor trash for real world money.

Cam_Neely
11-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Maybe Turbine finally got a clue? Having those items in the store is like selling bottled air to a new born (assuming the new born had a freakish ability to have and understand money...).

Spend your money however you want, but Turbine should not have +1 and +2 basic items (or any weapons or armor imo) in the store

learst
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
This is why Turbine puts +3 tomes in the store.

Most forumites go, "The store should only sell convenience and cosmetics! Stop putting raid loot and power ups.. blah blah"

Well +2 weapons are a convenience. It's ok to advice the OP on what would be smart purchases, but I really don't get the strong opposition when folks decide to spend their TP on things that others might consider frivolous. I'm happy they do, as it gives more revenue to Turbine.

To the OP, I'm sorry that you're having a problem. If you would still like to buy the item and having problems, you could try posting in the DDO Store feedback forums:

http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

or contact Customer support:

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24001

To submit a ticket click on the 'Support Center' tab, and then the 'Submit a Ticket' link.

QuarterMasterM
11-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Can anyone help me with some ideas why I would not be able to purchase any +2 weapons? The options for "Quick Buy" and "Add to Cart" are both grayed out with a note under "This item cannot be purchased." I have enough points and I meet the level requirements. It seems to only affect the +2 weapons, those with a level requirement of 4 and higher are purchasable by me.

I feel I should note that I have purchased +2 weapons before on other toons, but this seems to be affecting my account. Creating a new character does not help.

I would appreciate any help or insight. Thank you!

Hi, and sorry to hear you're having problems.

What class/level are you, and which weapons are you unable to purchase? All of them?

When you say you've purchased the weapons before, is that on this same account or a different one?

Hokiewa
11-02-2011, 09:37 AM
This is why Turbine puts +3 tomes in the store.

Most forumites go, "The store should only sell convenience and cosmetics! Stop putting raid loot and power ups.. blah blah"

Well +2 weapons are a convenience. It's ok to advice the OP on what would be smart purchases, but I really don't get the strong opposition when folks decide to spend their TP on things that others might consider frivolous. I'm happy they do, as it gives more revenue to Turbine.

No. +2 weapons in the store are a trap. Apples and giraffes. This is not remotely close to the same thing.

somenewnoob
11-02-2011, 09:40 AM
If you are on Cannith pm me and I will buy you a +2 weapon of your choice from teh auction house.

And don't get snippy with people who are only trying to prevent you from doing something you'll regret later.

Lithic
11-02-2011, 09:43 AM

He really is right. They sell +2 weapons in the House Deneith weapons shop if I remember correctly, and they are something like 500pp each. To spend turbine points on something so easy and cheap to get through in game means is not a terribly smart investment. But to each their own.

gerardIII
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Sorry, I don't know how to fix that problem.

But please, keep buying things in the DDOStore, like the 10-stack anti-mummy potions that are on sale.

It keeps the game running.

Schmoe
11-02-2011, 10:23 AM
But to each their own.

This is really the only relevant comment. He posted a request for assistance with a technical feature of the store. He did not request advice on what people consider to be a wise purchase.

Calebro
11-02-2011, 10:29 AM
This is really the only relevant comment. He posted a request for assistance with a technical feature of the store. He did not request advice on what people consider to be a wise purchase.

I don't read movie reviews before I go to the theater, but if someone tells me that a movie I was interested in is absolutely horrible I'm usually happy that they saved me some money.

NytCrawlr
11-02-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't read movie reviews before I go to the theater, but if someone tells me that a movie I was interested in is absolutely horrible I'm usually happy that they saved me some money.

I agree, unless of course the person giving me the opinion is being condescending, hostile, or judgmental, then whatever opinion they have goes flying right out the window.

Seriously, he asked a question and was seeking help. Hopefully now he has it, but it's unfortunate that he had to deal with some vitriol to get there.

gloopygloop
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I agree, unless of course the person giving me the opinion is being condescending, hostile, or judgmental, then whatever opinion they have goes flying right out the window.

Seriously, he asked a question and was seeking help. Hopefully now he has it, but it's unfortunate that he had to deal with some vitriol to get there.

I didn't see any vitriol directed at the OP in this thread. All of the vitriol that I saw was directed toward Turbine for putting something in the DDO store that most players would gladly give away to a new player for free.

NytCrawlr
11-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I didn't see any vitriol directed at the OP in this thread. All of the vitriol that I saw was directed toward Turbine for putting something in the DDO store that most players would gladly give away to a new player for free.

Doesn't change the fact that someone had to wade through that before getting any help.

Edit: Note I am not counting you in that. You at least attempted to help by offering up a wpn for the OP.

Pape_27
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
He really is right. They sell +2 weapons in the House Deneith weapons shop if I remember correctly, and they are something like 500pp each. To spend turbine points on something so easy and cheap to get through in game means is not a terribly smart investment. But to each their own.

I believe the House D shop sells +1 weapons, unless they have upgraded them to +2's over the last few updates.

to the OP

Yes you can choose to spend your TP on things such as +2 weapons. If they have been removed from the store or are bugged (it seems likely given your description), +2 weapons are not that extremely rare. The first thing i would do would be to ask a high(er) level guild mate if they have any vendor trash they might send your way. People usually like to help guildies (least in my guild on Cannith).

If you dont have any luck that way (or arent in a guild) check the AH on your server. If there isnt anything there that strikes your fancy, you can always go to the Marketplace or House D pawn shops and check the inventories to see if they have what you are looking for. If those options fail, set a budget and ask for a particular weapon on the trade channel. You might find what you are looking for at a relatively low price.

Worse comes to worse, just wait a little bit and +2 and even +3 weapons will start dropping in the quest rewards list or in quest chests.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Schmoe
11-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Sure, I don't think anyone was attacking the OP (although some came close to indirectly criticizing him).

Unless of course you've already made up your mind that you want to see the movie regardless of what other people say. In that case, if you ask "Where can I buy tickets?" and the only responses you get are "I'm not going to tell you because it's so bad!!!" you're more likely to consider those people unhelpful and, perhaps, rude.

gloopygloop
11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Unless of course you've already made up your mind that you want to see the movie regardless of what other people say. In that case, if you ask "Where can I buy tickets?" and the only responses you get are "I'm not going to tell you because it's so bad!!!" you're more likely to consider those people unhelpful and, perhaps, rude.

And since none of the forum members actually know where to buy tickets, the fact that none of us answered him shouldn't be considered either unhelpful or rude.

And when the second response was an offer to send him one of those items for free so that he doesn't have to spend his Turbine Points, I really don't see how anyone can characterise the responses that way.

Unless giving people free stuff is an example of vitriol now.

somenewnoob
11-02-2011, 02:43 PM

If on Cannith and any of you would like to hurl vitriol at me in the form of LDS or plat............

NytCrawlr
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
If on Cannith and any of you would like to hurl vitriol at me in the form of LDS or plat............

Same here, but on Khyber. :D

Schmoe
11-02-2011, 02:55 PM
And since none of the forum members actually know where to buy tickets, the fact that none of us answered him shouldn't be considered either unhelpful or rude.

And when the second response was an offer to send him one of those items for free so that he doesn't have to spend his Turbine Points, I really don't see how anyone can characterise the responses that way.

There I go arguing in the abstract again. Damn you, reality! Damn you to hell.

Rumbaar
11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Please do not purchase these weapons from the store. They are a waste of your money, as they are BtC and you'll be out-leveled in no time. If you're on Khyber I'll give you or buy from the AH +2 -> +5 of your choosing.

Falco_Easts
11-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I can't answer why the store is buggy, but if you really want a +2 weapon and you're on Argonessen, send me a PM with your character name and the weapon type you're looking for and I'll mail you one. Please don't encourage Turbine to sell these kinds of vendor trash for real world money.

If Orien, PM me and I will do the same.

Sylvaen
11-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Thank you all for your helpful posts.

I am sorry for my rude response earlier. It was late and I was frustrated. I realize that's no excuse however and I would like to extend my apologies.

It sounds to me that this is nothing I've done or can correct on my own, just a bug with my particular account. I also started this thread for fear that this could spread to other items. I think since it is only affected the +2 weapons I'll avoid contacting a GM for now.

I believe someone did ask, so I'm currently a level 2 (admittedly new to the game) fighter on Khyber. I've purchased +2 weapons before on other characters on the same account.

I really do appreciate the offers to purchase a weapon for me. It's very kind of all of you, but I'm not one who feels right accepting handouts. But thank you all very much.

Again, I appreciate the responses. All of you were very helpful!

Hafeal
11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Sylvaen -

Fortunately for you, you are on the best server in DDO! :D

What is your character's name? I am sure myself and some others are happy to help you out. We are givers on Khyber! :eek::p

Sylvaen
11-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome Hafeal! My character's name is Gorenne. I don't play too much, maybe a little in the evenings and on the weekends. My job which allows me to make such frivolous purchases as +2 weapons doesn't give me a lot of free time :D

Feel free to message me in game anytime! I'm a friendly guy :D

Calebro
11-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I believe someone did ask, so I'm currently a level 2 (admittedly new to the game) fighter on Khyber. I've purchased +2 weapons before on other characters on the same account.

Thanks for the kind welcome Hafeal! My character's name is Gorenne. I don't play too much, maybe a little in the evenings and on the weekends. My job which allows me to make such frivolous purchases as +2 weapons doesn't give me a lot of free time :D

I'm there too. I'll send you plat, weapons, anything. Just don't spend cash in the store on something that you'll use for a week or two.
I mean, I know those sales are good for the game and all, but there are plenty of people that don't visit the forums to find out how much of a waste that stuff is. Since you did visit, we can warn you.

Just tell us what you want and we'll help you out.

Rumbaar
11-02-2011, 10:18 PM

I'll try and send you some gifts through the mail. It's a shame Turbine uses new play ignorance to trick them into purchasing short term 'worthless' items. I suggest only purchasing account wide premium items, if not VIP, and then only when on special.

If VIP then XP posts and other boosts are more efficient purchases.

Schmoe
11-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Hey, I'm on Khyber too! Despite my penchant for building strawmen and tearing them down, I'm actually a friendly guy, too.

People who have been playing for a while are usually swimming in in-game currency, so that a few thousand platinum is virtually nothing. I know that might seem ridiculous when you're just starting out and scraping by from one repair to the next, but trust me, it's true. Don't feel bad accepting a few handouts, it's just a way of saying

Hi Welcome

QuarterMasterM
11-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Hi Sylvaen, I was the one that asked. I am an employee of Turbine's that works with the DDO Store and I wanted to see if I could figure out what the problem is.

Which weapons in particular are you unable to buy? All of them? Are your other characters that previously purchased +2 weapons still able to see/buy them in the Store?

Soloquendi
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
You can purchase +2 weapons from the Weapon dealer at the Pawn Exchange in Stormreach Market. She is just down the stairs from the trainers.

Rumbaar
11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I sent two +2 weapons your way, saw you were a fighter. So wasn't sure of your preference of weapon. Level 2 so was limited to what I could send.

Also ensure you're off Korthos island before visiting the store, a lot of items are hidden while on the island and cannot be purchased.

Sylvaen
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Sylvaen, I was the one that asked. I am an employee of Turbine's that works with the DDO Store and I wanted to see if I could figure out what the problem is.

Which weapons in particular are you unable to buy? All of them? Are your other characters that previously purchased +2 weapons still able to see/buy them in the Store?

Oh! I didn't realize. I didn't mean to cause anyone to go to any trouble on my account, I was just hoping to learn the cause. I wouldn't want anyone to go to any effort to make sure I can buy these +2 weapons to ease my way from levels 2 to 4 :P

I did some experimenting on this and it looks like Rumbaar was correct:

All my characters appear to be prohibited from purchasing +2 weapons of any type while on Korthos Island. I had another character still on the island, so I moved him off just to see and the weapons became available when he arrived.

I created a trash character on a different realm and he was able to purchase the items right away, though the character couldn't use them yet. It seems that it's localized to that particular realm.

So it looks like my characters can only purchase items that they cannot use until they leave Korthos Island where the items become available.

Also, you asked what items specifically I am attempting to purchase. On my fighter, I was trying to purchase a +2 Greatsword. I was trying to purchase two +2 Khopesh on a different character.

Like I said, I don't want to cause anyone any trouble over a problem that only lasts during the introduction. :)

I can't thank all of you enough for your kindness... It's nice to be made to feel welcome! :D

Rumbaar
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes, for some reason Turbine filters the store more on the 'starter' island. I think because while on the island you do not have access to your bank or mail box they want to 'protect' people.

Also I guess if you're on the island you cannot receive any mailed items either. But you can safely move from the island [skip the line] and come back to the island.

As for weapons, just a small tip a +1 weapon with an elemental attack [1D4] will be more powerful than a +2 weapon. But at lower levels you'll just find a starter type +1 elemental touched weapon [+1].

You might be able to get someone to craft for you a low level item.

FranOhmsford
11-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I've noticed that while in Snowyside Rogue Hirelings are unavailable in the store.

This is not true for Sunnyside though.

Once you've skipped/finished Snowyside the store seems to work just fine.

QuarterMasterM
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Yes, for some reason Turbine filters the store more on the 'starter' island. I think because while on the island you do not have access to your bank or mail box they want to 'protect' people.

I've noticed that while in Snowyside Rogue Hirelings are unavailable in the store.

This is not true for Sunnyside though.

Once you've skipped/finished Snowyside the store seems to work just fine.

There are some items that are unavailable while you are in the intro section of the game due to some old technical issues. We were actually discussing this the other day, so it is on our radar. Glad we figured out what the issue is!