PDA

View Full Version : Bracelet of Madness

Saaluta
10-31-2011, 01:30 AM
So for those who asked about the Bracelet of Madness, ran the Harbinger of Madness quest chain and got the Polycurse Dagger. Here is what happens when each item is equipped.

polycurse dagger equipped:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00004.jpg

dagger and bracelet equipped:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00006.jpg

parasitic breastplate and bracelet equipped:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00007.jpg

breastplate, bracelet, and dagger equipped:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00008.jpg

breastplate, bracelet, and sustaining symbiont equipped
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00010.jpg

also checked with the unstable handwraps equipped, but same results, so did not put those screenies in.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help me out, would like to run harbinger and reign chains to try and get as many of the items as possible. Monday is bad for me, but any other day is fine. The more people I can get to run, the more chances to get the chest drop items(also can run these at higher level for better chance at named items).

Would like to get the Infused Chaosrobe and Beholder Plate to test the various combinations.

Saal :)

Forgeborn
10-31-2011, 01:47 AM
so...
Bracelet: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
Dagger + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
Breastplate + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
Breastplate + bracelet + symbiont: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
Dagger + bracelet + breastplate: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX

It seems, to me, that equipping the symbiont does affect the power of the item in a negative way...

Dagger: upgrade potency
breastplate: upgrade potency and add spell penetration
symbiont: nullify potency upgrade?

If you have the time, can you do a check with the dagger + bracelet + breastplate + symbiont?

Ertay
10-31-2011, 03:13 AM
So the breastplate adds potency vii and spell pen ix while dagger + breastplate does nothing? Sounds a bit buggy to me at least... If you get around it, could you try bracelet + symbiont as well please? Oh, and if you don't mind you might want to add at least the shard of xoriat to the list of items to test and possibly the mindfury symbiont as well, but that might mean a lot of work that could wait for release at least...

Your effort is much appreciated though!

Saaluta
10-31-2011, 03:20 AM
so...
Bracelet: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
Dagger + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
Breastplate + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
Breastplate + bracelet + symbiont: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
Dagger + bracelet + breastplate: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX

It seems, to me, that equipping the symbiont does affect the power of the item in a negative way...

Dagger: upgrade potency
breastplate: upgrade potency and add spell penetration
symbiont: nullify potency upgrade?

If you have the time, can you do a check with the dagger + bracelet + breastplate + symbiont?

I did, same as bp+bracelet+symbiont, sorry forgot that screenshot...will add tonight after I take my nieces and nephews trick-or-treating :) Also, yes it does seem to be a bit wonky, maybe a dev will wander in and see this and check it out to see if it is WAI :)

Saaluta
10-31-2011, 03:25 AM
So the breastplate adds potency vii and spell pen ix while dagger + breastplate does nothing? Sounds a bit buggy to me at least... If you get around it, could you try bracelet + symbiont as well please? Oh, and if you don't mind you might want to add at least the shard of xoriat to the list of items to test and possibly the mindfury symbiont as well, but that might mean a lot of work that could wait for release at least...

Your effort is much appreciated though!

Will test shard since I have one, if I can pull a mindfury will try to test, but chances are... :)

patang01
10-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Seems to me that the symbiont will nullify the madness so therefore the bracelet can't feed off the madness which makes sense.

The question I have is if you have more than one item will all the items upgade the bracelet or will only one item add to it? This bracelet can be potentially really cool. It would be really fun checking with all the madness items.

Most curious however am I about what the robe and bracelet does together.

LightBear
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Most curious however am I about what the robe and bracelet does together.

Same here, even more about Chaotic Ambition.

Saaluta
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
If I get the robe, pretty sure I have the ingredients for chaotic ambition to put on it and will test with the bracelet. :)

Will be posting more screenies in a bit, got the goggles from acute delirium and the brigandine last night, but too tired right now to test, but will do so sometime tomorrow. :)

Forgeborn
11-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Quick question though, just to 'prepare' myself for the unavoidable grind that is to come; Where does the Bracelet of Madness drop?

dunklezhan
11-01-2011, 04:17 AM
Seems to me that the symbiont will nullify the madness so therefore the bracelet can't feed off the madness which makes sense.

I think that's probably it. But maybe it only nullifies the affect of one item. I would have thought it should nullify all of them so you only get the basic effects of the bracelet personally. I.e. don't wear this and the symbiont, its self defeating. Meaning if you want to make the most of the bracelet, you would have to take all the madness effects. Which would be cool, flavour wise.

Might also make it totally undesirable, and I want one. So, yeah. leave it as it is :)

RandomKeypress
11-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Quick question though, just to 'prepare' myself for the unavoidable grind that is to come; Where does the Bracelet of Madness drop?

HoX - not my favourite raid, but LFMs usually don't take too long to fill.

Edit: Oops it's HoX Elite only - a bit more painful than the normal one.

Saaluta
11-01-2011, 08:25 AM
So did a little bit more testing after getting the goggles of opportunity and the fleshshapers brigandine. Any non-(upgradeable/upgraded) item that is equipped no matter how many will only give superior potency VII. My parasitic bp has delirium upgrade and gives the spell pen IX. Will try and get more of the eyes/brains/etc ingredients (since I don't tend to copy over my bank characters that have all my large bags...grr) to see if any give different abilities to the bracelet. :)

patang01
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
So did a little bit more testing after getting the goggles of opportunity and the fleshshapers brigandine. Any non-(upgradeable/upgraded) item that is equipped no matter how many will only give superior potency VII. My parasitic bp has delirium upgrade and gives the spell pen IX. Will try and get more of the eyes/brains/etc ingredients (since I don't tend to copy over my bank characters that have all my large bags...grr) to see if any give different abilities to the bracelet. :)

That is dissapointing in a way; in other words the item add the sup pot VII and the upgrade to a item adds something else. That means that the rune arm won't do anything since it doesn't have a effect that can be upgraded. And the weapons won't do anything either since you don't upgrade those.

My guess then is that the lore upgrade will make it greater lore (just a guess). I guess time will tell but currently the best you can get out of it is 2 effects; the superior pot VII should be constant unless you have a symbiont and the armor upgrade will give a specific upgrade.

Backley
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
When worn with other Xoriat items that change its properties, Bracelet of Madness should also change names, to 'Bracelet of Sparta'

Khellendros13
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
So you need to equip useless caster gear to get Spell Pen 9 and Sup Potency 7?

AWESOME! I need to farm one of those!

Ertay
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Sad to see this, as sup potency vii is largely useless (hey I can now enhance all my awesome level7 spells! oh, wait...) while spell pen ix is a pretty strong contender even for 2 slots. Maybe the more caster-centric scepters will grant it as well, but that would probably mean -2 enchantment which kinda defeats the point of it all...

Maybe that mindfury symbiont does something useful, but even major arcane lore would still not be that great anymore, considering we have easy access to superior lores in u12 as well.

voodoogroves
11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Sad to see this, as sup potency vii is largely useless (hey I can now enhance all my awesome level7 spells! oh, wait...) while spell pen ix is a pretty strong contender even for 2 slots. Maybe the more caster-centric scepters will grant it as well, but that would probably mean -2 enchantment which kinda defeats the point of it all...

Maybe that mindfury symbiont does something useful, but even major arcane lore would still not be that great anymore, considering we have easy access to superior lores in u12 as well.

Nah, thematically this means Prismatic Spray ;-)

... but it is mostly thematic ...

dTarkanan
11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Keep in mind this is a very nice item for divines too, especially evokers- arcane lore and greater evocation for blade barriers and Divine punishment, spell pen 9 for implosion, and Potency VII for cure mass boost when you're not mucking with your belt clickies is a pretty decent item if you can find the armor for it. The thing is its arcane lore is kind of redundant with the chaos robe. I'm wondering how it interacts with beleshyra's scepters, personally- maybe necro for destruction? Or the fleshshaper's armor.

My guess is that the bracelet is at least a two stage item, where negative madness traits unlock superior potency VII and the armor madness upgrade unlocks spell pen IX, rather than it being a cumulative count. This might explain why the symbiont causes athe loss of the potency VII but not the spell pen. More experimentation is needed though.

LightBear
11-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Did anybody try it with the shard of xoriat, no madness effect but straight from xoriat it self?

Zeruell
11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Did anybody try it with the shard of xoriat, no madness effect but straight from xoriat it self?

And the same icon, to boot. ;)

Saaluta
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM

Yes, no extra effects. Will be running the quests today for chaosrobe, beholder plate, both scepters (Belashyrra and mad trickery), and mindfury symbiont and enough ingredients to test a couple of the other madness effects. Then will have more screenies for you all :)

Greylegon
11-02-2011, 11:52 AM
just wondering does the mindsunder arm cannon add any effect?

Saaluta
11-02-2011, 04:05 PM
just wondering does the mindsunder arm cannon add any effect?

Highly doubtful as it is Quori not Xorian... :)

Saaluta
11-02-2011, 06:28 PM
So, finally managed to pull the chaosrobe and beholder plate...put the chaotic ambition upgrade on the chaosrobe, and got some more screenies :)

Infused Chaosrobe with chaotic ambition upgrade:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00012-1.jpg

Bracelet and Chaosrobe:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00013.jpg

Chaosrobe, Polycurse dagger, lenses of opportunity, shard of xoriat, and bracelet of madness...I must be crazy :D
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00014.jpg

as you can see, the only bracelet change is the Sup Pot VI to VII, but no Spell Pen IX.

may be that it is not a "finished item" and they are waiting, but your guess is as good as mine. Unfortunately, no more ingredients from the "madness" quests, and I had to run asylum and lord of stone til my eyes were bleeding to get what I needed for the chaotic ambition, may get back on and check the other quests if I can get some help, but want to get back on live and work on my 3 TR's (as well as raiding and epics).

EDIT: It seems that I was rather tired when I posted these, accidentally typed goggles of ambition instead of lenses of opportunity...sorry about the confusion :)

dTarkanan
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Did you check with the robe BEFORE you upgraded it? I'm wondering if it's the 'traces of madness' or whatever unupgraded trait which earns the spell pen IX, rather than the altar upgraded version.

Saaluta
11-03-2011, 02:35 AM
yes, same thing...no spell pen IX.

WielderofGigantus
11-03-2011, 08:02 AM
What are goggles of ambition? I couldn't find them ddowiki.

Also have you tried an item with Mind Turbulence? Such as the Scepter of Mad Trickery or the Unstable Handwraps?

How about the Beholder Breast Plate?

TheDearLeader
11-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Also have you tried an item with Mind Turbulence? Such as the Scepter of Mad Trickery or the Unstable Handwraps?

Chaotic Ambition was an enchantment he put on the "Trace of Madness" property of the Infused Chaosrobe. No such thing.

There are Lenses of Opportunity (http://ddowiki.com/page/Lenses_of_Opportunity) which should bestow some effect.

Saaluta
11-03-2011, 10:50 AM

I did try the Beholder Breastplate, no other "upgrade" than Sup Pot VI to VII. Managed to get the bracelet on my monk Saalutaball and equipped them with the Unstable Handwraps...does same thing as any other weapon Sup Pot VI to VII. Probably just minorly more useful for a fighter clonk with mass inflict or mass cure on undead...will pass the wraps to my fvs and see if there is any difference in healing damage vs undead or others in group :)

Although considering handwraps "MAY" still be borked as much as the devs say "FIXED"(how many times have they said this and still not?)...might not be WAI :)

oh, and lenses of opp changed on above screenie, ty for seeing that :)

LightBear
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Thx for the hard work on getting items with a Xoriat effect.

At the same time it makes me eager for the knowledge what these extras are while th character is under the effect of the plane of Xoriat it self, like in certain quests (Eg: Prison of the Planes, Delirium and the like).

Saaluta
11-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Thx for the hard work on getting items with a Xoriat effect.

At the same time it makes me eager for the knowledge what these extras are while th character is under the effect of the plane of Xoriat it self, like in certain quests (Eg: Prison of the Planes, Delirium and the like).

Oooh...very good question, will get on Lama this weekend and check it out :)

Avidus
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
The Bracers of Madness drop from the Hound of Xoriat on elite only. Is that correct?

For these bracers and the new sword & shield from VoD, (along with the reaver & abbot elite only upgrade seals) will they show up in 20th lists or only in the chest and only on elite?

Saaluta
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
The Bracers of Madness drop from the Hound of Xoriat on elite only. Is that correct?

For these bracers and the new sword & shield from VoD, (along with the reaver & abbot elite only upgrade seals) will they show up in 20th lists or only in the chest and only on elite?

Not sure :( Devs dropped them as rewards for completing challenges last Saturday, which is how I got mine. Suspecting that it may be both chance in chest and chance on 20th...is why I'm saving my 20th runs on Saalutaball and Tabora for after U12 goes live...want the wraps for my monk and the bracelet for Tab(FvS). :)

Saaluta
11-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Went into acute delirium, opened Xoriat effects and as you all can see, no extra effects.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/Saaluta/ScreenShot00000-2.jpg

also symbiont still negates the sup pot VII even in the Xoriat Madness

patang01
11-05-2011, 09:44 PM
At this point since the effects are lackluster and doesn't seem to work with all items or effects it's absolutely pointless. That item is not worth the pain of running Hound on elite.

LightBear
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Thx for the hard work on getting this info together. If I ever get it it would be a nice to have and a pure coincidence.

Forgeborn
11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
At this point since the effects are lackluster and doesn't seem to work with all items or effects it's absolutely pointless. That item is not worth the pain of running Hound on elite.

Slotting superior potency and arcane lore in a non-neckslot (torc of prince Raiyum-de II) and a non weapon slot (sticks and staffs, or greatswords in my fvs' case) is 'lackluster'?

patang01
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Slotting superior potency and arcane lore in a non-neckslot (torc of prince Raiyum-de II) and a non weapon slot (sticks and staffs, or greatswords in my fvs' case) is 'lackluster'?

Yes, lackluster. its a highlevel item that require a combination of armor that won't suit most people. Are you really willing to wear a lesser armor simply to get sup potency VII and spell pen? If the different effects provided different results and you could stack via say a piece of armor and something else and you got several effects - then yeah.

Zeruell
11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Any word yet, beyond speculation, on whether the Mad Trickery & Belashyrra scepters provide the same SupPot7 bonus as the other weapons?

Saaluta
11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Any word yet, beyond speculation, on whether the Mad Trickery & Belashyrra scepters provide the same SupPot7 bonus as the other weapons?

Mad Trickery, yes. Sadly, have not been able to pull Belashyrra scepter, so was not able to test it. Hoping to pull one on live so I can test it on Wednesday when U12 comes out.

Forgeborn
11-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Yes, lackluster. its a highlevel item that require a combination of armor that won't suit most people. Are you really willing to wear a lesser armor simply to get sup potency VII and spell pen? If the different effects provided different results and you could stack via say a piece of armor and something else and you got several effects - then yeah.

No, I am not willing to 'sacrifice' extra slots for the 'additional' powers the item gets, but I am more then eager to sacrifice my bracer slot to be able to slot superior potency VI, arcane lore, and greater evocation focus slotted there. Mostly due to the character in question wanting specific gear on her body slot, hand slot, and necklace slot.*

I'm not saying it's awesome, but it's not exactly lackluster, unlike the unstable handwraps from the reign of madness chain. It's also easier (for me at least) to swap the bracers then it is to swap into a superior potency item every time I want to cast a few blade barriers (and I hate using the efficiency clickies). Unlike a lot of other items I can actually see this item getting a slot in permanent gear set-ups.

voodoogroves
11-07-2011, 06:24 AM

Lackluster for many quite possibly. Probably pretty desirable for others with specific requirements. My melee FVS is using a epic helm of comedy right now for general questing, but that seal wasn't exactly easy to get. For the folks who want to swing stick and cast, esp. things like Blade Barrier, this is pretty handy.

Ertay
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
The whole set bonus approach made it seem like more of a caster item, which we now know it isn't. It might be good for melee/caster hybrids but really isn't much to write home about for anyone else. Maybe I'm only disappointed because the hints at spell pen ix for my wizard sounded alluring (which they made conveniently available on the GOGGLES SLOT GODDAMNIT!), but alas, it should not be.

WruntJunior
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't know what everyone's complaining about for this item...I find myself having nothing important in my bracer slot usually (currently bracers of the glacier for archmagi on my fvs, and I think +6 str on my wizard) for my casters....and this is a very convenient bonus in a very out-of-the-way slot. I'm ecstatic. This even allows me to wear the ugly-as-sin cove armor in place of grinding out for the robe of fire shard for my fvs, thanks to the +2 evocation bonus. Looks good to me all around...though to make it useful to many more casters, maybe they could bump the arcane lore up to greater arcane lore. :D

elraido
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't know what everyone's complaining about for this item...I find myself having nothing important in my bracer slot usually (currently bracers of the glacier for archmagi on my fvs, and I think +6 str on my wizard) for my casters....and this is a very convenient bonus in a very out-of-the-way slot. I'm ecstatic. This even allows me to wear the ugly-as-sin cove armor in place of grinding out for the robe of fire shard for my fvs, thanks to the +2 evocation bonus. Looks good to me all around...though to make it useful to many more casters, maybe they could bump the arcane lore up to greater arcane lore. :D

I agree. This will replace the cove dagger on my favored soul...that way he can actually use a weapon in combat and not worry about swapping things. :D

Tom_Hunters
12-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Tested on Live Server today:

Parasytic Breastplate + bracelet = Sup Pot 7, Arcane lore, Greater Evoc (No modification to breastplate)
Fleshshaper's brigandine + braclet (same as above)
Beholder plate + bracelet (same as above)

CONCLUSION
No more Spell Pen IX

I don't have a symbiotic to test synergistic results
and I don't have the Trace of madness traits enhanced on the plate/brigandine/breastplates

(and bracelets confirmed dropping on Hard HoX)

Jaid314
12-04-2011, 03:10 AM
Tested on Live Server today:

Parasytic Breastplate + bracelet = Sup Pot 7, Arcane lore, Greater Evoc (No modification to breastplate)
Fleshshaper's brigandine + braclet (same as above)
Beholder plate + bracelet (same as above)

CONCLUSION
No more Spell Pen IX

I don't have a symbiotic to test synergistic results
and I don't have the Trace of madness traits enhanced on the plate/brigandine/breastplates

(and bracelets confirmed dropping on Hard HoX)

weren't some of the added effects caused by crafting on the armor in the altar of madness?

Tom_Hunters
12-04-2011, 03:25 AM
appears simply wearing the plain armor/breastplate can enhance Sup Pot 6 to 7

not sure if the altar of insanity enhancements will further enhance it though

dTarkanan
12-04-2011, 06:04 AM
I've gotten spell pen IX on live. I'm not entirely sure what causes it though- I tend to wear it with Beleshyrra's scepter. but rarely anything else.

Hendrik
12-04-2011, 08:16 AM
HoX - not my favourite raid, but LFMs usually don't take too long to fill.

Edit: Oops it's HoX Elite only - a bit more painful than the normal one.

Except when it drops on Normal/Hard.

Ertay
12-06-2011, 03:28 AM
I've gotten spell pen IX on live. I'm not entirely sure what causes it though- I tend to wear it with Beleshyrra's scepter. but rarely anything else.

Could you screenshot that please? Also please make sure to state what armor you're wearing (infused chaosrobe maybe?) and report what kind of scepter you used for that effect.

good_ole_corwin
12-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Ive tested it on live just now (finally capped) with my almost complete collection of reign/harbinger of madness items. Apparently its as simple as "negative" effect of any kind (those that sustaining symbiont removes - doesnt matter if its on armor, goggles, weapon...) gives superior potency VII (multiple negative effects, such as parasitic breastplate, belashyrras scepter and lenses of opportunity equipped at the same time do not stack), upgraded armor effect gives spell pen IX. Thus if you wear the upgraded armor, you get both (because there is both negative and positive effect on it), if you wear sustaining symbiont, you lose sup. potency VII (negative effect is removed, positive - upgraded - stays). Thus items without any negative effects, such as shard of xoriat, watchers blade, etc. do not affect the bracelet in any way (or its not listed, but I doubt it). To activate the effect(s), you also need to have the madness items equipped before you equip the bracelet.

Carpone
01-07-2012, 02:58 PM
On live, I have a Infused Chaos Robe unlocked with Xorian Madness: Hysteria. According to the above poster, this should provide Spell Penetration IX on the Bracelet of Madness. Regardless of the order in which I equip the items, Spell Penetration IX does not appear. Has anyone been able to consistently get Spell Penetration IX to display using just the Infused Chaos Robe?

Edit: I unlocked another Infused Chaos Robe with Uncanny Awareness, and now Spell Penetration IX appears on the Bracelet of Madness. So apparently the Hysteria effect is bugged out with regards to triggering the set bonus.

MindCake
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Except when it drops on Normal/Hard.
Just got one on hard (live).

Thoriek
01-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Last night I got a bracelet, running HoX on hard with my favored soul.
I already had (and used) a breastplate with chaotic ambition and it didn't provide the spell penetration IX, so I upgraded a blank breastplate with Delirium and gotcha!: just the bracelet and the breastplate equipped and I have superior potency VII and spell penetration IX, without any other item equipped. As the bracelet have arcane lore, it wasn't necessary on the breastplate, so a guard with 15 seconds of Displacement is fine to me.

Any other added items didn't improve the effects. Tryed scepter, dagger, shard, symbiont.
So I think the armor/robe upgrade is more important than a lot of equipped items, and will try to get other blanks to upgrade and try other effects (but I really think that is the top effect).

Other thing I found is that the effects shows when you equip the bracelet, counting all that you have already equipped.
So if you equip the symbiont after the bracelet, the effect doesn't drop to Superior Potency VI. Still have to test if it actually works or if it's just a examination window issue.

Can't get screenshot right now, because i'm not at home, but will do it once I have extra options tested.

---

The screenshot is on my ddo galery

http://my.ddo.com/thoriek/wp-content/blogs.dir/251193/files/my-gallery/bracelet_of_madness.jpg

Khyse
01-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Not even equipped (I know I goofed up my bracers. Thank you so much for noticing):

http://i39.tinypic.com/29vex77.jpg

Yvonnel-1
01-30-2012, 03:48 AM
um running around for two months with a sup pot 7 one because i once equipped the dagger and it rever changed back to 6 i realized - after i posted it here a while ago^^

done a little testing and (to me) it seemed that it worked on my lvl7 spells still (mass cure and mass cause mainly) - prove me wrong if i am plz

Thoriek
01-30-2012, 05:02 AM
It can be a bug, even subject to future update corrections, but after some testing, I found that the potency VII and the spell penetration IX apply when you equip the bracelet, and they don't change after that, even if you equip the symbiont, that supposedly negates the madness effects, so you can freely change your other items and still have the full potential of the item.

Backley
01-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Edited http://ddowiki.com/page/Bracelet_of_Madness

Does that sum up the results?

voodoogroves
01-30-2012, 10:34 AM
I suspect it isn't working entirely as expected, but as it is all madness-ish the devs are just letting it run.

LightBear
01-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I suspect it isn't working entirely as expected, but as it is all madness-ish the devs are just letting it run.

Would be even more fun, to find out one day it has gained a new effect and for the love of Xoriat you can't remember what item you equiped that caused it's upgrade.

(And never will be able to either :D )

Thoriek
01-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Trace of Madness only adds Superior Potency VII
When you upgrade the trace of madness on the altar of insanity for other bonus, the effect varies, but I only tested it with two of them:
Chaotic ambition gives the same Superior Potency VII
Delirium gives Superior Potency VII and Spell Penetration IX.
I Still need to get more ingredients to update other Breastplates to try new effects.

And yes, the effects are determined taking into account what you're wearing when you equip the bracelet, and stays until it was unequipped, even if you remove the madness items or add the symbiont in the meantime.

Faent
04-06-2012, 10:57 PM
And yes, the effects are determined taking into account what you're wearing when you equip the bracelet, and stays until it was unequipped, even if you remove the madness items or add the symbiont in the meantime.

Is the verdict that one can equip some crappy upgraded armor, then equip the Bracelet of Madness, at which point the Bracers give Superior Potency VII and Spell Penetration IX? One can then deequip the crappy armor and swap into some decent armor, while the Superior Potency VII and Spell Pen IX effects persist on the Bracers?

jupiterspinning
04-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I have the bracelet, sustaining symbiont and the upgraded Beholder plate Docent.

I see no change what-so-ever when I equip them.

What am I missing?

>>jupiterspinning...

Thoriek
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Is the verdict that one can equip some crappy upgraded armor, then equip the Bracelet of Madness, at which point the Bracers give Superior Potency VII and Spell Penetration IX? One can then deequip the crappy armor and swap into some decent armor, while the Superior Potency VII and Spell Pen IX effects persist on the Bracers?

I haven't tried it until your post.
Yes, when you equip the bracelet and was wearing a madness armor, the bracelet gain the extra proprieties (Superior Potency VII, if it was an upgraded delirium armor it will also gain Spell penetration IX).
after that, even if you change your armor for a non-madness one, the bracelet keeps it unchanged until unequipped.

I have the bracelet, sustaining symbiont and the upgraded Beholder plate Docent.

I see no change what-so-ever when I equip them.

What am I missing?

>>jupiterspinning...

with the symbiont unequipped, try to equip: 1st the armor, then the bracelet. It will upgrade the Superior Potency of the bracelet to VII. If the armor is a delirium one, it will also gain Spell penetration IX.
Then, if you want, you can equip the symbiont after the bracelet without losing the extra proprieties.
The symbiont nulls the madness so it neutralize the other madness items.

soulaeon
04-17-2012, 02:04 PM
The non-upgraded Infused Chaosrobe has the same effect as the Polycurse Dagger, while equipped.
This thread makes more sense than the DDO Wiki page about the bracelet, because either the bracelet is bugged or the Wiki page is wrong.
Thanks for this!

AtomicMew
04-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Infused chaos robe with uncanny awareness (+10 reflex) also grants spell penetration IX.

jupiterspinning
04-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Thank you for your guidance, Thoriek! Your advice worked and I can now enjoy the set. Thank you.

>>jupiterspinning...