PDA

View Full Version : Mournlode chain is fugly and doesn't work

LeLoric
10-28-2011, 02:05 AM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9921/screenshot00130.jpg

Hopefully it's a placeholder skin. This is just really blah looking armor. I am sure theres little incentive to make nice looking armors so you can sell more armor skins but seriously lev 20 epic armor looks like starter chain.

Weaken undead is not working not able to get it to proc at all. The description makes it seem like it should be every hit but I have yet to even see one hit proc it.

Hopefully this gets fixed before live we already have opportunist, wrack construct, and imp destruction not working correctly. Adding this to the list would be bad.

Protection from evil doesn't stop command but I figured that would be the case too as other items with this don't so it's really wasted. Makes ya wonder why even add it then becasue it already gives +5 reistance saves and +5 deflection ac bonus so the +2 part is moot.

For those that want the stats. Same as what the mouseover in the barter box says.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6153/screenshot00131d.jpg

Moltier
10-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Protection from evil's resistance bonus stack with normal resistance bonus. Tested a few times.
This is a "resistance vs evil" bonus i think, thats why. There is a good chance the AC bonus stacks too.

Shade
10-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Yea the prot from evil item effect on other items, say the years old fragment of the silver flame, has never worked correctly. Pretty silly for them to put a known broken effect on an armor and not fix it, much less test it.

Similarly the ship buff of it doesnt function either.

Only working one is the player cast spell version.

LeLoric
10-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Protection from evil's resistance bonus stack with normal resistance bonus. Tested a few times.
This is a "resistance vs evil" bonus i think, thats why. There is a good chance the AC bonus stacks too.

Just confirmed this to be false there is no difference on saves when wearing this armor versus my other and there is not other sort of bonus. There is a difference of 2 however if I remove my resistance item and cast prot evil so it is not stacking with resistance.

So just as I posted in the OP the protection from evil effect on this armor does absolutely nothing.

As does the weaken undead.

AZgreentea
10-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Gonna have to disagree. Other than the color choice for the length of the legs, I think the armor looks really good. The under texture for the under armor (mail I suppose) on the legs and the part under the arms should not be a greyish shade of green. As much as I like green, it kinda gives the armor a "I spent time in a swamp" look. It would look better as a much darker or much lighter shade of grey. Still, I like the overall look, and I think it has a nice effect.

LeLoric
10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Gonna have to disagree. Other than the color choice for the length of the legs, I think the armor looks really good. The under texture for the under armor (mail I suppose) on the legs and the part under the arms should not be a greyish shade of green. As much as I like green, it kinda gives the armor a "I spent time in a swamp" look. It would look better as a much darker or much lighter shade of grey. Still, I like the overall look, and I think it has a nice effect.

I hate the copper green that many of the armors get. The armor is made of steel it doesnt get a green hue to it with weathering or age. There is no bronze or copper armor that I am aware of but if they made a set then sure it could get the greenish hue but it would need to be over a copper colored base.

That being said the armor looks like just about any chain shirt you can loot in korthos there really is no distiction.

Truth be tols I would still situatioally use the armor for undead fights if it actually worked but the weaken undead effect doing nothing means I wouldn't purchase this with my ingredients.

Krell
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I've always thought epic versions of items should look fancier than non-epic versions. For example I'd like to see some black smoke wisping off the e-sos with some dark runes on the blade. Maybe make epic marilith chain look like something other than value village armor ;) . My opinion of course, but I think DDO can do a lot more with armor art in general.

Moltier
11-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Just confirmed this to be false there is no difference on saves when wearing this armor versus my other and there is not other sort of bonus. There is a difference of 2 however if I remove my resistance item and cast prot evil so it is not stacking with resistance.

So just as I posted in the OP the protection from evil effect on this armor does absolutely nothing.

As does the weaken undead.

The spell's resist bonus stacks. On the armor, it can be bugged. I tested the spell, but not the armor.

Rusty_Can
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Protection from evil doesn't stop command but I figured that would be the case too as other items with this don't so it's really wasted. Makes ya wonder why even add it then becasue it already gives +5 reistance saves and +5 deflection ac bonus so the +2 part is moot.

Well, afaik, "PFE" items do grant immunity to charm, dominate and such. Those spells are not very common, yet some undeads cast them; thus the effect makes sense.

As for Command and Greater Command, we don't have any recent statement, but some data lead to think "PFE" gear is working properly and PFE spell is doing more than intended (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4119716&postcount=19) (i.e. blocking Command spells).

MrkGrismer
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Weaken undead is not working not able to get it to proc at all. The description makes it seem like it should be every hit but I have yet to even see one hit proc it.

I am not certain but since the effect is not on a weapon I would think it would only process when the guard does.

perylousdemon
11-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Hopefully this gets fixed before live we already have opportunist, wrack construct, and imp destruction not working correctly. Adding this to the list would be bad.

Not to derail the thread, but what do you mean opportunist isn't working? Is that something new in u12? Because it certainly works on live right now. My rogue is constantly critting the training dummy on our ship.

LeLoric
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Not to derail the thread, but what do you mean opportunist isn't working? Is that something new in u12? Because it certainly works on live right now. My rogue is constantly critting the training dummy on our ship.

It is not allowing sneak attacks to bypass 10% just the crits that you are seeing.

Kinerd
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Weaken undead is not working not able to get it to proc at all. The description makes it seem like it should be every hit but I have yet to even see one hit proc it.Well, to be fair it does say "struck by this weapon" in Weaken Undead. Have you tried swinging the chain? :(

I actually like more elegant, streamlined armors, but this one just seems unimaginative. There's just nothing to it.

Ganak
11-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I think by design welfare epic armor should not look as good as more difficult to obtain armor.

LeLoric
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I think by design welfare epic armor should not look as good as more difficult to obtain armor.

Is starter chain more difficult to obtain?

oradafu
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I've always thought epic versions of items should look fancier than non-epic versions. For example I'd like to see some black smoke wisping off the e-sos with some dark runes on the blade. Maybe make epic marilith chain look like something other than value village armor ;) . My opinion of course, but I think DDO can do a lot more with armor art in general.

I agree with both of these statements. I do think that the Epic version of items should appear slightly different from the normal or lower tier items.

I also think that easier to get armors should look a bit more bland compared to harder to get items. Unfortunately, most of the armors released lately do appear on the bland side...so I'm guessing armor kits are selling more.