PDA

View Full Version : Fix Alchemical TwoHanders and Shields for U12.

Shade
10-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Please get these fixes in for U12.. You knew about these bugs for months now, it way overdue. The raids are really fun, so its quite disapointing to have upgrades for some of the most critical characters in the raid, to have there items be bugged (tanks/dps).

Bugs im refering to (you should be well aware, ive showed several devs ingame personally):

Greataxe/Greatsword (and prolly other 2handers):
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6509/alchgreataxe.jpg

Glitched elemental graphic..

Shields:
All the shields are "small shields" so shield mastery gives very poor performance when using them. They also all have the stats of a heavy sheild.

Fix them to be what they are, and have the DR scale with the t1/2/3 upgrades (Tower should be 11/13/15/17 DR to compete with leviks)

ahiru_san
10-28-2011, 07:07 AM
/signed

Violet Slot should be added to Tier3 Shield.

Epic Kundarak Warding Shield : Violet and Blue
Epic Coronation Shield : Violet
Epic Shield of the Scorpion : Violet
Epic Ward of Undeath : Violet
Epic Weathered Targe : Violet and Blue

All other Epic shields are given Violet Slot.

Coldbayne
10-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I agree with the OP, however I suspect having it be a violet slot might be awkward since all the bonuses are the same regardless of base item being applied to, and yes I also submitted a bug about this and await expectantly :)

Shade
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
well violet lets u have a couple not avail on red, like heavy fort.

Psypher
10-30-2011, 09:47 PM
This topic should attract more attention.

I know Shields have been abandoned several years in DDO.
However, this Alchemical Shield is the worst game design ever.

etelan
10-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Shields:
All the shields are "small shields" so shield mastery gives very poor performance when using them. They also all have the stats of a heavy sheild.

Indeed, how long as it been since u11? I hope nobody is crafting on their shields yet because I haven't heard that the fix will be retroactive. I've just about given up on them after the divine vengeance and madstone upgrade anyway. Might just use the ingredients for a nice weapon on another toon.

Yan_PL
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Alchemical Crystal small shield would be awesome for caster day-to-day usage. No ASF, some caster properties... Would be.

I also support the idea of giving shields Violet slots. OR, giving all alchemical items Violet slots.

Ertay
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes, an alternative to the HoX shields that can actually be used to *gasp* block something would be nice, especially with a 5% asf on a caster.
Speaking of which, did anybody test if the proc rates for the guard effects as reported on the wiki are accurate? If so, the water one should be very nice, and might even actually work in epics from time to time.

Atrus
10-31-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree. It's sad that there is only one viable shield for tanking in the game which is the Levik's defender. Not only are the alchemical martial effects not very synergistic for a tank. But an ML:14 shield, that is easier to get, is superior to an ML:20 shield in every way. I think at this point the best thing to do for those shields are to give them their own upgrade line and have the base effects upgrade per tier with base being worse than the LD's stats, tier 1 being roughly equal maybe a little less than LD, tier two's stats being slightly better than LD and tier 3's base stats being a good deal better than LD with a violet slot instead of red.

One another note most of the effects could stay the same, but I would recommend the damage effects be changed to either a guard style affect or maybe even an imbue style affect like rune arms have that would apply the damage to all your physical attacks.

TheDearLeader
10-31-2011, 06:08 PM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/10795/11054450.jpg

In other words:

Bump.

Shade
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/10795/11054450.jpg

In other words:

Bump.

Nice pic.

+1 (in a metaphorical sense)

Lighti
11-02-2011, 08:06 PM
To be honest i wouldnt even care if they did not change the effects. All i want them to at least do is fixed the base stats of them so there actually useable!

JOTMON
11-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I havent seen anything indicating that the shields are even on the fix list...

Shade
11-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Just want to confirm the fix for this did indeed sneak into U12. Tower shield are properly tower shields.
Sadly they only have the BARE minimum of dr/other stats as lootgen.. Can only hope the upgrades enhance them in some way.

The complete lack of
-Release notes about it
-dev response
is still rather disapointing though.

ahiru_san
11-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Alchemical shield is TRASH.
other shields are more powerful and easy to obtain.

Levik's Defender :
+5 Tower Shield
- AC+9 / MDB+4 / ACP+6 / DR15 / ASF40%/ Damage 1d12+5
- Mithral
- Healer's Bounty(proc heal spell 2%)

Madstone Shield :
+5 Tower Shield
- AC+9 / MDB+3 / ACP+7 / DR11 / ASF50%/ Damage 1d6+5
Shield Proficiency: Tower Shields
Improved Bashing(1d12 Damage on Shield bash)
Shield Bashing - 10%

Lorrik's Champion :
+5 Heavy Shield
- AC+7 / ACP+0 / DR15 /ASF5% / Damage 1d12+5
- Mithral

Light and Drakness(unsupressed :
+5 Heavy Shield
- AC +8 / ACP+0 / DR 7 / ASF5% / Damage 1d8+5
- Bashing(1d6 damage on shield bash)
- Superior Stability
- Protection +4
- Resistance +4
- Adamantine
- Mithral

Epic Kundarak Warding Shield :
+6 Heavy Shield
- AC +8 / ACP +1 / DR12 / ASF 15% / Damage 2d6+6
- Resitance +6
- Spell Resistance(25)
- Blue Slot
- Violet Slot

Alchemical Tower/Heavy Shield
+6 Tower/Heavy Shield
AC+10 / MDB+2 / ACP+9 / DR 10 / ASF50% / Damage 1d6+6 ( Tower Shield)
AC+8 / ACP+1 / DR 8 / ASF15% / Damage 1d6+6 (Heavy Shield)

Tier1 :
Stunning+10 and Insight AC+4
Fire Shield (Cold)
Seeker +10
Air Guard
Earthgrab Guard
Freezing Ice Guard
Magma Surge Guard

Tier2 :
DEX+2 , Doublestrike 6% (On Main Hand)
CON+2
WIS+2
STR+2

Tier3 :
Red Slot Only

I reject the effect of the attack trigger.
These are useless if you do not have a Shiled Bashing Feat.

repeat.
Alchemical shield is TRASH

I think that these modify are necessary.

1. Increase AC/DR
2. Add Mithral Base
3. Change Red slot to Violet Slot

devs, please reply this thread.

Backley
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
2. Add Mithral BaseNote that you have to give the Alchemical Shields a material type (Adamantine, Byeshk, Cold Iron, Crystal, Flametouched Iron, Silver), and Crystal gives one of the effects of Mithral (missing the Mithral and Silver damage types, lower ACP, and higher MDB):
"Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from crystal are also decreased by 10%."

But yes, over-all they suck pretty bad.

ahiru_san
11-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Note that you have to give the Alchemical Shields a material type (Adamantine, Byeshk, Cold Iron, Crystal, Flametouched Iron, Silver), and Crystal gives some of the effects of Mithral (just missing the Mithral and Silver damage types):
"Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from crystal are also decreased by 10%."

But yes, over-all they suck pretty bad.

Mithral item gives increase Max Dex Bonus and decrease Armor Cheak Penalty.

Backley
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Mithral item gives increase Max Dex Bonus and decrease Armor Cheak Penalty.

Good point, thanks.

balancetraveller
03-31-2012, 04:24 AM
/bump

darkrune
03-31-2012, 06:39 AM
/bump

More like /necro

Rise from the grave, I command thee!!!