PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for this hidden nugget

Kielbasa
10-26-2011, 05:47 PM
From the release notes

Galrias the Smith, the nightforge NPC in the Black Anvil Mines, now uses a barter shop to trade with you. He no longer restricts you to a single nightforge item.

Thanks devs for throwing a bone to new and or casual players. Now every player upon reaching lv9 can guarantee themselves heavy fort, improved false life, +5 will save, a protection from evil and a heroism clickie. Only thing he's missing is a nice robe for casters/monks, handwraps, and some ranged weapons. But thank you for the nice little upgrade for everyone. How about a hidden set bonus for having all the accessories?

Can someone on lamannia check to see if this is indeed working as advertised?

LeLoric
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
From the release notes

Thanks devs for throwing a bone to new and or casual players. Now every player upon reaching lv9 can guarantee themselves heavy fort, improved false life, +5 will save, a protection from evil and a heroism clickie. Only thing he's missing is a nice robe for casters/monks, handwraps, and some ranged weapons. But thank you for the nice little upgrade for everyone. How about a hidden set bonus for having all the accessories?

Can someone on lamannia check to see if this is indeed working as advertised?

Seeing the demand on ore lately for crafters you could trade that ore to a high level crafter for something crafted thats better than any of the ore trade ins.

Kielbasa
10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Seeing the demand on ore lately for crafters you could trade that ore to a high level crafter for something crafted thats better than any of the ore trade ins.

Such as? Crafting is too much of a time sink for me to do. Maybe after I stop habitually re-rolling all my characters. Ore is really worth that much to a crafter?

sirgog
10-26-2011, 06:28 PM

This. I'll pay a lot of plat for you to go farming ore for me :)

LeLoric
10-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Such as? Crafting is too much of a time sink for me to do. Maybe after I stop habitually re-rolling all my characters. Ore is really worth that much to a crafter?

Since it requires 50 ore for greater construct banes which are in high demand right now due to the two new raids yes.

For any new player that wants to make some cash this may be the easiest. Run some Black anvil mines and profit.

Anything except heavy fort that can be turned in in Black anvil mines can also be creafted unbound very easily.

CountHenri
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
And with the new Raids LitIIs really need addy ritual to survive..

I've been running my Wizzy on alternate runs of Relic/Taming the flames for addy ore and soul gems (those years of hoarding khyber shards finally paying off)...

I have noticed in LoB when he's got the dog buff that damage from GCB (& I would assume smiting) isnt reduced ~ wonder if this would have a noticable impact on Epic?

Scraap
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM

Takes 45 of the suckers to make a normal bane to help someone else out.

BOgre
10-26-2011, 07:08 PM
shhhh! don't TELL people to farm for ore.... You'll devalue my main source of income!!!

gloopygloop
10-26-2011, 07:09 PM

50 Ore for a bound Greater Construct Bane shard
45 Ore (3x15) for an unbound Construct Bane shard

After the first two I made for guildees, I changed my "I'd appreciate any help you can give me toward making these, but I won't demand that anyone completely reimburse me for shards" policy to "I'd appreciate any help you can give me toward making these, but I won't demand that anyone completely reimburse me for shards except for Adamantine Ore 'cause I'm sick of that quest now."

I don't mind throwing bunches of Medium Devil's Scales to guild members and friends who want an Evil Outsider Bane shard, but I ain't farming no more Black Anvil Mines for no one else. Blech.

QuantumFX
10-26-2011, 07:32 PM

As mentioned above, various construct bane shards. The annoying thing about the shard cost is that if you have a high enough level crafter then you might as well shoot for the GCB shards. The cost for going from CB to GCB isn't much. (And if any devs are reading, you should translate this as “It requires too many adamantine ores to make a Construct bane shard.”)