PDA

View Full Version : Yay and Booooo

BOgre
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Shared Platinum Bank Slot

You can now purchase a bank upgrade to more easily transfer platinum between your characters! The Shared Platinum Bank upgrade will allow you to keep 50,000 platinum in a universal storage slot in your bank that can be accessed by any of your characters on the same server. Free to VIPs!
Upgrades to hold greater amounts of platinum are available in the DDO Store!

Bout time and Yay! (50k is kinda measly, but it's a good start :))

Earthgrab
Earthgrab is no longer considered a paralysis effect. Creatures with immunity to paralysis are no longer immune, and spells or effects that cure paralaysis no longer cure Earthgrab.

Ummm, does this mean FoM just got nerfed? As if Rangers needed to be made LESS useful. I hope I'm interpreting this wrong, cuz FoM was just about my only magic contribution to a party. BOOOooooo. Hisssss.

Cyr
10-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Nope, it means warforged just got less useful. Not that it was primary reason to roll one up in the first place, but it was a nice little perk.

badbob117
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Huh. That will be a annoying change to getting earth grabbed. leave one stone elly alive in rainbow and he will make the rest of the quest hell. They just became a little bit more of a real threat now. interesting change. Epic Small problem is gonna Hurt a bit more then it already does. Doh.

but it makes triple acid shroud weps a bit better as well. A ton of players have these from before the big nerf. kinda cool.

I Think your rangers Fom will still be quite useful. Although certain missions just became a whole lot bothersome after this change!

Should be neat!

Iwinbyrollup
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Just tested on Lammania. My Warforged FvS played around with some earth elementals. He got earthgrabbed, then I cast FoM, and then he got earthgrabbed some more.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9447/screenshot00353.jpg

So WF are no longer immune (which never really made much sense anyway) but FoM also doesn't prevent the effect.

BOgre
10-26-2011, 02:39 PM
So WF are no longer immune (which never really made much sense anyway) but FoM also doesn't prevent the effect.

Thanks for testing, and boooo hisss haaaate on nerfing FoM. Guess i'll sub in Nature's Ally IV? Riiiiight. Okay it's still useful but a LOT less so now. :(

Cyr
10-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Yup, that is lame that it is a nerf to FoM.

Qhualor
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM
What!? Earthgrab is not considered a paralysis effect!? What else would it be considered? I can live with warforge getting earthgrabbed, but fom becomes almost useless now? All a ranger really needs for spells is resist energy, poison, rams might and fom. Now they only need to prep it when doing tor or something with slippery surfaces. Should change the spell name than.

DocBenway
10-26-2011, 03:04 PM
So Earthgrab isn't a paralysis effect, it's an "inability to move or function; total stoppage or severe impairment of activity" effect.
:rolleyes:

Bracosius
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
FOM stops mental holds and slippery surfaces. No longer stops giant hand from ground grabbing you. Guess it makes sense from a flavor standpoint, but not really from a functional stand point. Not a change I think was worth wasting dev time on, but whatever.

oradafu
10-26-2011, 03:18 PM
So FoM is exactly the same thing as the Acrobat's Immunity to Slippery Surface now? I guess the Devs couldn't fix the bug to make FoM appear in the Acrobat's buff bar, so they decided this was the easier route to go.

PNellesen
10-26-2011, 03:20 PM
So will they drop their resistance to Banishment/Dismissal to even things out a little now that FoM isn't a defense against Earthgrab?

Didn't think so. Sigh. This kind of thing is getting really, really old.

voodoogroves
10-26-2011, 03:21 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/freedomOfMovement.htm

PNellesen
10-26-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/freedomOfMovement.htm

"The subject automatically succeeds on any grapple check made to resist a grapple attempt, as well as on grapple checks or Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin. "

So Earthgrab doesn't count as a "Grapple"? What, exactly, is it then?

So tired of these kinds of changes to things that nobody thought was broken.

fasteddie8989
10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Lets not forget people complain about easy buttons, but when one is taken way people complain it is a bad thing.

Krelar
10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
So Earthgrab isn't a paralysis effect, it's an "inability to move or function; total stoppage or severe impairment of activity" effect.
:rolleyes:

You could argue that it is more of an "imprisonment" effect rather than "paralysis" effect. Sort of like being locked in a 2 foot x 2 foot x 6 foot room with stone walls would not really be paralysis.

fasteddie8989
10-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Wait until there is a disjuction trap to take away underwater action item effect underwater with earth eleys stacked up to earth grab you and drowned you :)

BOgre
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
You could argue that it is more of an "imprisonment" effect rather than "paralysis" effect. Sort of like being locked in a 2 foot x 2 foot x 6 foot room with stone walls would not really be paralysis.

Yes, okay, so FoM maybe shouldn't cure/remove earthgrab, but since it MUST be initiated by a grapple action, FoM should certainly prevent earthgrab. And since the Lamma description does say that it no longer is 'cured' by spells or effects that cure paralysis, then I submit that the fact that it isn't 'prevented' by FoM is a bug and not WAI.

JOTMON
10-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Shared Platinum Bank Slot

You can now purchase a bank upgrade to more easily transfer platinum between your characters! The Shared Platinum Bank upgrade will allow you to keep 50,000 platinum in a universal storage slot in your bank that can be accessed by any of your characters on the same server. Free to VIPs!
Upgrades to hold greater amounts of platinum are available in the DDO Store!

Pft. 50k is **** should start at 200k, another DDO store cashgrab to increase the amount. I can create a 2box account to hold more than this.

Earthgrab
Earthgrab is no longer considered a paralysis effect. Creatures with immunity to paralysis are no longer immune, and spells or effects that cure paralaysis no longer cure Earthgrab.

It appears that it is a FOM nerf and nerf to the Kundarek Delving boots..
FOM - This spell enables an ally to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that normally impedes movement, such as paralysis, entanglement, or solid fog.
....Guess they will have to add a....
*excluding earthgrab because it wasnt annoying enough already.

Shade indicated he has tested on Lamannia and FOM no longer protects against earthgrab.

I have to go to home depot and get more nails for the Turbine coffin..

Qhualor
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
ok, i reacted too hastily in my previous comment. if the change makes it so fom is working as intended, than fine. what bothers me most is that there are so many other things broken in the game. why fom and why now? i consider it so very low on the to-do list. i would be interested to see that list that the devs go by when fixing things in this game.

PNellesen
10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
i would be interested to see that list that the devs go by when fixing things in this game.

Well, it sure doesn't seem to have much in common with the list of things the PLAYERS would like to see fixed or changed. Because, you know, the forums were just SWAMPED with people complaining that FoM was overpowered :rolleyes:

(Ok, I'll grant that they ARE making some very nice changes to the Shroud, that people most definitely have been asking for, but still...)

MrkGrismer
10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
So will they drop their resistance to Banishment/Dismissal to even things out a little now that FoM isn't a defense against Earthgrab?

Didn't think so. Sigh. This kind of thing is getting really, really old.

Huh? What resistance? They seem to be disappearing pretty regularly for me. Banishing strike always seems to get rid of them so long as I hit.