PDA

View Full Version : Attack Speed - What doesn't stack with what and what are the rules???

Lord_Darquain
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
It seems we have:

Haste Spell
Double Haste buff
Alacrity gear you can craft easily
Alacrity raid items
Alacrity set bonuses from Amrath
Alacrity gear from u11
Monk Air stance
Rapid Shot
Special attacks like monk's Ten Thousand Stars, Manyshot, & artificer's Endless Fusillade
Possibly others?

What stacks and what doesn't? It seems that Amrath set bonuses stack with basic items but not other endgame gear like the u11 gloves, why?

Does the new upgraded Quiver of Alacrity still fail to stack with something you can cannith craft at low level even though it's both raidloot AND upgraded? If it's 10% unstacking it can be outclassed by 20% gear I can craft without buying adventure packs?

Why aren't the stacking rules for things like Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Incite, and Healing Amp described and detailed IN-GAME?

dkyle
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Do not stack:
Haste Spell
Double Haste buff
Alacrity raid items
Alacrity gear from u11
Monk Air stance [attack speed portion]

Do stack:
Alacrity set bonuses from Amrath (just Arcane Archer and Deepwood Sniper)
Rapid Shot
Rapid Reload
Endless Fusillade
Haste Boosts
Ranger capstone
Fighter capstone (only on Ranged weapons)

Not actually attack speed bonuses (but do stack):
Ten Thousand Stars
Manyshot
Monk Air stance [doublestrike portion]

Does the new upgraded Quiver of Alacrity still fail to stack with something you can cannith craft at low level even though it's both raidloot AND upgraded? If it's 10% unstacking it can be outclassed by 20% gear I can craft without buying adventure packs?

Doesn't stack, as far as I know.

Where are you getting 20%? And how else do you slot alacrity (and striding!) in the Quiver slot? That's a huge benefit.

Why aren't the stacking rules for things like Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Incite, and Healing Amp described and detailed IN-GAME?

Very good question. These things are very important, yet poorly documented; only Healing Amp is easy to figure out. They should be shown on the character sheets, at very least.

Grifarr
11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
What about the 15% from the artificer infusion Armor of Speed. I'm assuming no but if someone can verify that would be great.

wax_on_wax_off
04-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Do not stack:
Haste Spell
Double Haste buff
Alacrity raid items
Alacrity gear from u11
Monk Air stance [attack speed portion]

Do stack:
Alacrity set bonuses from Amrath (just Arcane Archer and Deepwood Sniper)
Rapid Shot
Rapid Reload
Endless Fusillade
Haste Boosts
Ranger capstone
Fighter capstone (only on Ranged weapons)

Not actually attack speed bonuses (but do stack):
Ten Thousand Stars
Manyshot
Monk Air stance [doublestrike portion]

Doesn't stack, as far as I know.

Where are you getting 20%? And how else do you slot alacrity (and striding!) in the Quiver slot? That's a huge benefit.

Very good question. These things are very important, yet poorly documented; only Healing Amp is easy to figure out. They should be shown on the character sheets, at very least.

Just been directed to this thread in re: Amrath sets.

While the amrath sets are clearly listed as a different bonus type to haste community reports seem to indicate that they don't stack.

So either they don't stack and it's broken or they do stack and some reputable sources (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=354448) have made a mistake somewhere.