PDA

View Full Version : wand bracers

Alundaar
10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
/cry

I hope they return

LightBear
10-24-2011, 11:20 AM
This is to little information to go by. As always I'm feeling with you even if I haven't got the slightest idea what your talking about. Care to elaborate so I can post some comforting but mostly meaningful words?

Scraap
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM
/logs in
/checks the trade in box

:(

bradleyforrest
10-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Did we even find out what they did?

Xionanx
10-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Did we even find out what they did?

No, we didn't.

Seriously, why tease us with what SOUNDED like an amazing item and then simply get rid of it. It was the ONLY item on the entire loot list that looked the least bit interesting.

Ertay
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
and now don't you dare say "wand bracers didn't make it in yet, but will in another update...", god kills a puppy every time you write that.

no, seriously!

oradafu
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm waiting for the excuse that the Wand Bracers won't be in update 12 because the proper collectibles for making the item will be released in Update 13.

richieelias27
10-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm waiting for the excuse that the Wand Bracers won't be in update 12 because the proper collectibles for making the item will be released in Update 13.

There will be no excuse, there will be no explanation. By the time update 13 rolls around BB (TB?) will have you convinced you were tripping when you saw them.

They do not exist.

This thread does not exist.

bradleyforrest
10-26-2011, 11:41 AM
They are still gone after part 3 of the preview :/

TiranBlade
10-26-2011, 11:43 AM
darn, and I was hoping it would make it back, and functioned similar to the item from the pnp, that is one awesome item in pnp. Hope they add the option to add wand chambers to weapons soon too.

kcru
10-26-2011, 11:56 AM
No, we didn't.

Seriously, why tease us with what SOUNDED like an amazing item and then simply get rid of it. It was the ONLY item on the entire loot list that looked the least bit interesting.

I seem to remember an item in D&D... a bracer that was like an auto-loading wand bandolier. Basically you could strap 4 wands into the bracer and it would pop the appropriate one into your hand so that you could use it as a free action.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/192526-wand-bracelet-v-quiver-ehlona.html

As a DDO implimentation, I think I'd expect to see a popup like the Summon Monster window listing out the possible effects to cast (and not have to swap a wand in, swap a wand back out, etc.)

TiranBlade
10-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I seem to remember an item in D&D... a bracer that was like an auto-loading wand bandolier. Basically you could strap 4 wands into the bracer and it would pop the appropriate one into your hand so that you could use it as a free action.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/192526-wand-bracelet-v-quiver-ehlona.html

As a DDO implimentation, I think I'd expect to see a popup like the Summon Monster window listing out the possible effects to cast (and not have to swap a wand in, swap a wand back out, etc.)

Yep, that was what I was referring too from v.3.5, it's in the dungeoneer book (something like that), and Yeah was expecting it to store multiple wands in it as clickies that would pop up like the summon spells. And not have to have a wand equiped for it.

Here's hoping they make more of the gear in game toggleable. I.E., Cloaks, Boots, Bracers, and Gloves. Purddy Pleeze?

TiranBlade

Scraap
10-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Where... in the world... is... bracer-sandiego?

Barashkukor
10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Where... in the world... is... bracer-sandiego?

Very good, Sir, very good :)

Scraap
10-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Very good, Sir, very good :)

Eh, just attempting to maintain a bit of humor about the whole thing. Seriously though, 'we killed it because it was buggy/broken' is perfectly acceptable for a preview server when it comes to reviewing a product going gold. It'd just be nice not to have to speculate.

Barashkukor
10-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Eh, just attempting to maintain a bit of humor about the whole thing. Seriously though, 'we killed it because it was buggy/broken' is perfectly acceptable for a preview server when it comes to reviewing a product going gold. It'd just be nice not to have to speculate.

Oh, I agree. You just reminded me about my youngling years in gaming, good times.

Ertay
11-01-2011, 06:39 PM
So, now that the release date for u12 is out, how about those bracers? Will they be released in this update, the next, or never see the light of day?

*bump*

bradleyforrest
11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
So, now that the release date for u12 is out, how about those bracers? Will they be released in this update, the next, or never see the light of day?

*bump*

Yeah, I'm really interested in that too. I'm afraid that we're just going to be stuck wondering what might have been on them, though.

Atrus
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Shame. I remember hearing from one of my TR buddies that u12 was going to have the coolest item ever added to the game from one of the developers. Looking at everything else added so far I'm going to assume it must have been the wand bracers as nothing else is sufficiently different enough from already existing items.

Backley
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Shame. I remember hearing from one of my TR buddies that u12 was going to have the coolest item ever added to the game from one of the developers. Looking at everything else added so far I'm going to assume it must have been the wand bracers as nothing else is sufficiently different enough from already existing items.

No, the 'coolest item ever' that MajMalphunktion was referring to turned out to be the Kobold Gem of Disguising:

ding!

bradleyforrest
11-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Still no comment from the devs on this? :(

Tsuarok
11-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Why is everyone so upset? No one even knew what they did.

oradafu
11-04-2011, 10:53 PM

We don't like McGuffins. Epic Gianthold, Druids, the Truthful One and various Prestige Classes are enough.

Scraap
11-05-2011, 04:48 AM

To be blunt about it, it seemed at least to be a nod toward the notion that useful items can be more than beating something with a stick.

Ertay
11-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Depending on what it actually does, it could be one of the most gamechanging items we have seen for a while. Even if it is not, is one of the few true innovations this update and of course people want to get their hands on it.

richieelias27
11-05-2011, 06:30 AM
I thought the description on the item was pretty self explanatory. It said something to the effect of you stuck a wand in the bracer and it turned the bracer into a x3 per day clickie of that wand. I dont see why everyone is all like "We dont even know what it did!!".

You are not going to get a dev response on this one. They probably didnt want you to see it in the first place. Guess what always happens in that event? They ignore it and hope it goes away all on its own. Frankly I'm surprised they didnt lock this thread and ban us all.

Xionanx
11-05-2011, 08:25 AM
I thought the description on the item was pretty self explanatory. It said something to the effect of you stuck a wand in the bracer and it turned the bracer into a x3 per day clickie of that wand. I dont see why everyone is all like "We dont even know what it did!!".

You are not going to get a dev response on this one. They probably didnt want you to see it in the first place. Guess what always happens in that event? They ignore it and hope it goes away all on its own. Frankly I'm surprised they didnt lock this thread and ban us all.

First, no the description DIDN'T say exactly what it did, it simply said combine with a spell. Second, there were level 4, 8, 12, 16, and epic versions of it, so the 3x cast a day clickie idea goes out the window when you think it needs to be "Upgraded" for each tier. Third, not know what spells CAN go in it and what effects it COULD have add is why everyone cares.

This could have been either an amazing item, the ONLY item in the entire pack to be worth the TP to buy it, OR it could have been an pitiful letdown.

Seriously, what other items introduced with the challenges are the least bit appealing? Yes, some of them can fill a "niche" role, but non of them are all around "Cool". Just more of the same old junk/trash named items.

Ravoc-DDO
11-05-2011, 08:30 AM
They removed it again because Harry Potter can't swing bracers. :p

richieelias27
11-05-2011, 08:37 AM
First, no the description DIDN'T say exactly what it did, it simply said combine with a spell. Second, there were level 4, 8, 12, 16, and epic versions of it, so the 3x cast a day clickie idea goes out the window when you think it needs to be "Upgraded" for each tier. Third, not know what spells CAN go in it and what effects it COULD have add is why everyone cares.

This could have been either an amazing item, the ONLY item in the entire pack to be worth the TP to buy it, OR it could have been an pitiful letdown.

Seriously, what other items introduced with the challenges are the least bit appealing? Yes, some of them can fill a "niche" role, but non of them are all around "Cool". Just more of the same old junk/trash named items.

It said you combine it with a wand or scroll, not a spell (presume you mean that you could cast any spell on the bracer). And yes, it DID specifically say that you combined it with a wand or scroll which would then turn it into a clickie of whatever spell was on that wand or scroll. As far as x3 per day, I could be fuzzy on that I will admit, but I distinctly remember the description stating you combine a wand with the bracer and it turns into a clickie for that spell.

I know this because I read that description over and over and over again thinking I must be insane because having 100+ bracers with x/per day clickies of whatever wand/scroll you could find would be insanely overpowered. "Does that thing really say x-per day clicky? Da-yum it sure does. Really? Yup, still says it" was my mental process at the time.

Of course I later thought more on the subject and now I figure all it would be is a (huge) money saver at the cost of inventory space. Not overpowered at all. Especially with how easy it is to cap out your plat in this game.

No, it did not state what it worked with.
No, it did not state how the process was achieved.
And of course, no it was not possible to actually get the bracers as a reward before they pulled it.

Now, one could further make some assumptions regarding what it would work with, but that is all they would be: assumptions. My personal assumption is that it would have capped at whatever spell level is currently allowed on an item level 20 bracer.

All this is moot however, as they pulled the item from the game. From the total lack of dev response I would say that they never intended it to be in there in the first place, and the only reason anyone saw it was because someone forgot to remove it from the test build.