PDA

View Full Version : Challenges and streaks?

luvirini
10-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Do the challenges break streaks you currently have going?

S1M0N5
10-24-2011, 05:40 AM
This is a great question and I would love to hear an "official" response on it.

My guess is that because there is no actual difficulty setting (Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite) that it shouldn't have any impact. However I wouldn't put money on that until a Dev says it. :)

Good Gaming!
-Simon

Shade
10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Technically they are normal difficulty. (Far as dungeon scaling, shrine resets, grazing hits, etc works)

So they certainly wont increase your streaks.. Break em ? dont think so, not tested.

ColsonJade
10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
They are the same as the cove in how they work and the cove would break your streak.

Cyr
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
They are the same as the cove in how they work and the cove would break your streak.

Well that kills me running them at all until I hit 18 on my TRs and drop the streak.

bradleyforrest
10-24-2011, 02:20 PM

I think you're mistaken about that. Cove didn't break my streak.

luvirini
10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Well, finally the character trasfer worked and I was able to test.

Running the challenge did not break my monk's current 130 quest elite streak.

kendo
10-26-2011, 06:35 PM
I think you're mistaken about that. Cove didn't break my streak.

second this. ran cove on several characters at different levels, both +/- to their level and streak never advanced or broke

LeLoric
10-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Well that kills me running them at all until I hit 18 on my TRs and drop the streak.

The poor xp/min ratio (worst in the game) should be enough to do this.

katz
10-28-2011, 08:23 AM
they said it would break the streak, but it didn't

karsion
10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
they said it would break the streak, but it didn't

that would be stupid, chalenges do not have the difficulty tiered in a normal fashion... if it did that would be another shoot in the foot and discouragement for people to buy/play them

Edit:

The poor xp/min ratio (worst in the game) should be enough to do this.

So you do not touch a quest when it falls under the desired xp/min ratio? This is... your way of playing don't tell others how they should play, thanks in advance.

Cyr
10-28-2011, 02:12 PM
So you do not touch a quest when it falls under the desired xp/min ratio? This is... your way of playing don't tell others how they should play, thanks in advance.

Yes, yes... Some people PD, some role play, but none of those things the developers control.

They do control the incentives of xp though. By making the incentive drastically encourage them do almost anything else while their toons are not level 20 people will naturally not run these much until they are level 20.

Incentives matter.