PDA

View Full Version : Madstone boots fix

Lavek
10-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Since reaver raid items are getting some adjustements, can we also expect that madstone boots will get proper fix for their 20% melee attack speed bonus?

Shade
10-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Would be awesome. One of my top annoyances.

I've specificly asked 6 different devs to do this ingame and in PMs.. Most said they would make some effort but no guarentee.

And being they just put in DOUBLE HASTE, I don't see them still being afraid of offering limited melee speed increases, especially since its only 5% and only reliable in very specific scenarios (tanking generally)

porq
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I forgot about that! Having that speed boost again would be excellent :)

Darknark
10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Would be awesome. One of my top annoyances.

I've specificly asked 6 different devs to do this ingame and in PMs.. Most said they would make some effort but no guarentee.

And being they just put in DOUBLE HASTE, I don't see them still being afraid of offering limited melee speed increases, especially since its only 5% and only reliable in very specific scenarios (tanking generally)

Double haste? I must have missed something somewhere... could you please elaborate?

dredre9987
10-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Same here, What is this "double haste" you speak of good Sir?

Symar-FangofLloth
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
One of the one-minute buffs available in Challenges is double Haste. There's also Invincibility, Improved Invisibility, Quad Damage, among others.

Epitome
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
One of the one-minute buffs available in Challenges is double Haste. There's also Invincibility, Improved Invisibility, Quad Damage, among others.

Woh, I thought UT 4 was vaporware, nice to hear it released within Xendrik.

dredre9987
10-24-2011, 06:46 PM

Ah ok I had saw that but figured maybe Shade was speaking about something else on an item.

Darknark
10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
:D Double the hjaste!.. thanks for the information.

Sweyn
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Since reaver raid items are getting some adjustements, can we also expect that madstone boots will get proper fix for their 20% melee attack speed bonus?

Madstone boots were never originally 5% higher than haste. Remember way back when, when haste gave 25% attack speed? That's when the boots were 20%. When haste was changed to 15% attack speed (but your base speed was increased by 10% for a net gain of 0), the devs forgot to drop the boots down to 10% to keep them at the same level they were.

The boots were never nerfed, they were just temporarily buffed, then brought back down to their original state. Everyone that thinks madstone boots were blatantly nerfed is wrong. How they are now is how they originally were.

Shade
10-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Madstone boots were never originally 5% higher than haste. Remember way back when, when haste gave 25% attack speed? That's when the boots were 20%. When haste was changed to 15% attack speed (but your base speed was increased by 10% for a net gain of 0), the devs forgot to drop the boots down to 10% to keep them at the same level they were.

The boots were never nerfed, they were just temporarily buffed, then brought back down to their original state. Everyone that thinks madstone boots were blatantly nerfed is wrong. How they are now is how they originally were.

Not the case.

Haste was nerfed sometime in 2009.

Madstone was nerfed on a day i'll always remember and refer to as the worst day in ddo history:
Monday, June 28th 2010. Update 5. The same day I quit the game for a year.

Madstone was better then haste for several months. I remember them fondly.. It was all about "dont displace me, dont CC the mobs, I want madstone!" was an awesome time.

I don't believe the boots were blantantly nerfed either. I believe they simply got bugged, as many things in this game are connected, they probably got inadvertantly affected.

None of the devs i've talked to knew about the issue or change, its not intended.

I spoke to kookie today in detail about how to reproduce the bug and he said for unarmed it was indeed 18%, but he didnt test two handed. He said he would test it throughly and figure out whats going on. Go kookie =)

Sweyn
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Not the case.

Haste was nerfed sometime in 2009.

Madstone was nerfed on a day i'll always remember and refer to as the worst day in ddo history:
Monday, June 28th 2010. Update 5. The same day I quit the game for a year.

Madstone was better then haste for several months. I remember them fondly.. It was all about "dont displace me, dont CC the mobs, I want madstone!" was an awesome time.

I don't believe the boots were blantantly nerfed either. I believe they simply got bugged, as many things in this game are connected, they probably got inadvertantly affected.

None of the devs i've talked to knew about the issue or change, its not intended.

I spoke to kookie today in detail about how to reproduce the bug and he said for unarmed it was indeed 18%, but he didnt test two handed. He said he would test it throughly and figure out whats going on. Go kookie =)
Exactly, haste was nerfed first, madstone was unchanged. Which means is was 20% when haste was 25%. Originally 5% lower, just like it is now

Shade
10-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Exactly, haste was nerfed first, madstone was unchanged. Which means is was 20% when haste was 25%. Originally 5% lower, just like it is now

Does not compute.

Before madstone was awesome because I could enjoy the game. Swinging fast is fun.

Now madstone is trivial because its equal to a boring permanant alacrity item ,and I dont feel fast while using it, i feel like a snail. no fun.

When somethings no fun anymore, it definetely qualified as nerfed imo.

in4theride75
10-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Does not compute.

Ok, to explain his statement more simply, he is saying, Madstone was never meant to be faster than haste when haste was 25% madstone was 5% slower than haste. Now that haste has been reduced to 15% madstone was supposed to be 10% to never be faster than haste, however; after they nerfed haste to 15% they didn't nerf madstone to it's appropriate 10% to be less than haste.
However, madstone is actually closer to 13%

Also, I don't think Kookie is correct, on unarmed it should be 17%

Forzah
10-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Isn't full BAB, +2 str and +4 con enough for a lvl 13 item?

Lavek
10-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Isn't full BAB, +2 str and +4 con enough for a lvl 13 item?

with the cost of not being able to use spells/spell like abilities/clickies(which make work classes that would benefit from the full BAB anyway)
no

and besides, devs confirmed long ago that this was bug that was never intended to be, with the recent changes to reaver raid loot they can fix this too since its basically on same item they will modify

lhidda
10-25-2011, 06:29 AM
... Quad Damage ...

:) ... look signature

Shade
10-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok, to explain his statement more simply

I can read. I fully comprehend what he said, I just disagree with it. It's your/his opinions on a subject.

voodoogroves
10-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I can read. I fully comprehend what he said, I just disagree with it. It's your/his opinions on a subject.

Does not compute ;-)

Seriously though, I like fun. Sadly, many fun things (ahem, wings) ... and certainly swinging fast ... need some balance.

PestWulf
10-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Uhm...isn't double haste a very "bad" thing??

I thought the whole reason revealed behind changing the mechanics of many of the prestige lines was that the haste component was one of the contributors to lag on the servers.

Considering the issues currently faced with being able to even have a simple night of fun without everyone having to bring their very own lag monster pet...I would think additional haste would be the last thing they would want to introduce?

Zeruell
10-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Uhm...isn't double haste a very "bad" thing??

I thought the whole reason revealed behind changing the mechanics of many of the prestige lines was that the haste component was one of the contributors to lag on the servers.

Considering the issues currently faced with being able to even have a simple night of fun without everyone having to bring their very own lag monster pet...I would think additional haste would be the last thing they would want to introduce?

We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.

So they say.

Eladiun
10-25-2011, 09:51 AM

It would be nice if Madstone worked while you were in a defensive stance again. There is no reason it shouldn't since it does not cause a penalty to AC like a regular rage.

Thrudh
10-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Before madstone was awesome because I could enjoy the game. Swinging fast is fun.

So why did you come back? You rage-quit over a 5% loss in swing speed? But that loss still exists, so why are you back? Shouldn't the game still be unfun for you?

Thrudh
10-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Does not compute.

FYI - "Does not compute" means you don't understand it or it doesn't make sense. Not quite the same as a difference of opinion.

in4theride75
10-26-2011, 02:07 AM

Lol, so what you are saying is English is not your main language and you don't understand it's idioms? If it is that's fine but do research on an idiom before you use it.